buck501

Tax return

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am a Feb. filer thru CSC. I have a while to wait, our interview could or should be in August.

My question: I am self employed and due to some last minute changes in the tax law, many companies are having to file for an extension on filing their taxes. I am one of them. I will not recieve my tax returns for the 2006 year untill after September. If my interview is in August or September my most recent return will be for the 2005 year. Is that going to cause me problems? If so I want to start on an alternative plan now as these things can take a long time to resolve. I will get my timeline up when I have something to post. as of now CSC recieved our papers on Feb. 2nd, since then it has been the usual, nada!

March 14, 2006.....We meet, spend the next 2 weeks togeather

May 2006............ I go to see Paola for 5 days and propose marriage

Jan. 24th, 2007....I-129F sent to CSC

Feb. 2nd, 2007.....CSC receives NOA1

June 6, 2007........I-129F Approved

June 6, 2007........Cleared NVC and sent to Bogota

June 12, 2007......I receive packet 3 from our lawyer

June 14, 2007..... I send Packet 3 to Paola via FEDEX (2 day delivery)

June 25, 2007......Paola receives Packet 3 (9 days late)

July 3, 2007.........Packet 3 Fedex to Embassy in Bogota

July 5, 2007.........Packet 3 arrives at the embassy in Bogota

July 19, 2007.......Called NVC, interveiw scheduled for Aug. 17, 2007

July 31, 2007.......Paola goes to US Embassy in Bogota and gets Pkt 4 in person

Aug. 13, 2007.....Lab exam

Aug. 15, 2007.....Medical exam

Aug. 17, 2007.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Failed cuz of a missing doc. :(

Sept. 27, 2007....Second interview date!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct. 7, 2007........Paola is here in the US!!

Oct. 23, 2007......MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct. 30, 2007......Mailed AOS docs

Nov. 27, 2007.....Recieved "Notice of Receipt" of AOS docs

Dec. 20, 2007.....Biometrics appointment

Feb. 7, 2008.......Recieve AP and permit to work

Feb. 19, 2008.....Recieve SS card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I am a Feb. filer thru CSC. I have a while to wait, our interview could or should be in August.

My question: I am self employed and due to some last minute changes in the tax law, many companies are having to file for an extension on filing their taxes. I am one of them. I will not recieve my tax returns for the 2006 year untill after September. If my interview is in August or September my most recent return will be for the 2005 year. Is that going to cause me problems? If so I want to start on an alternative plan now as these things can take a long time to resolve. I will get my timeline up when I have something to post. as of now CSC recieved our papers on Feb. 2nd, since then it has been the usual, nada!

Another self-employed person like me. I'll share with you what I know to help you. Give your fiance(e) copies your last 3 tax returns. To make up for not having 2006 taxes by the time you're expecting the interview, back it up with copies of your bank statements. Include the extension filed. You never know, you may get your 2006 tax returns back in time to give a copy to your fiance(e) for the interview. And if you meet the 2007 Federal Poverty Guidelines, you may not need to use the copies of bank statements. If you do not meet the required amount it states for your situation, you can use assests or you may have to find a co-sponsor. I gave my fiancee the last 3 years of tax returns and all of last year's bank statements. I will be sending her this year's bank statements also. So she would have them on hand for her interview when the time rolls around. Even though I did meet the 2007 Federal Poverty Guidelines.

As always, I tell people to research further. If in doubt, seek the expert advice of an immigration lawyer.

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh I am doing the finishing 2005, personal and self employed, 2006 personal and self employed.

Have a self employed question to ask, but I dont want to ask in the open forum and really only want to ask someone who has strong strong knowledge about the K-1 process and employment.

Bobbie

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Timeline
Oh I am doing the finishing 2005, personal and self employed, 2006 personal and self employed.

Have a self employed question to ask, but I dont want to ask in the open forum and really only want to ask someone who has strong strong knowledge about the K-1 process and employment.

Bobbie

It's always best to ask in an open forum. If anyone is saying something to you that may be incorrect, it allows other people the opportunity to point out what may be incorrect advice you are receiving. Or others can add something that may be beneficial to you. Never be afraid to ask something! We're all going through the same process and trying to reach the same goal together! :thumbs:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am a Sub "S" corp. The profits from my biz go to my W2. I can not get my personel tax returns untill the company returns are complete. We are not going to file untill the deadline in Sept.

I do not have any problem meeting the minimum income requirements so that is not an issue. I can show all my bank statements, checking and saving as well as my investment accounts as well as payroll stubs from the biz. I am not going to be able to provide end of year tax statements for 2006 untill who knows when.

March 14, 2006.....We meet, spend the next 2 weeks togeather

May 2006............ I go to see Paola for 5 days and propose marriage

Jan. 24th, 2007....I-129F sent to CSC

Feb. 2nd, 2007.....CSC receives NOA1

June 6, 2007........I-129F Approved

June 6, 2007........Cleared NVC and sent to Bogota

June 12, 2007......I receive packet 3 from our lawyer

June 14, 2007..... I send Packet 3 to Paola via FEDEX (2 day delivery)

June 25, 2007......Paola receives Packet 3 (9 days late)

July 3, 2007.........Packet 3 Fedex to Embassy in Bogota

July 5, 2007.........Packet 3 arrives at the embassy in Bogota

July 19, 2007.......Called NVC, interveiw scheduled for Aug. 17, 2007

July 31, 2007.......Paola goes to US Embassy in Bogota and gets Pkt 4 in person

Aug. 13, 2007.....Lab exam

Aug. 15, 2007.....Medical exam

Aug. 17, 2007.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Failed cuz of a missing doc. :(

Sept. 27, 2007....Second interview date!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct. 7, 2007........Paola is here in the US!!

Oct. 23, 2007......MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct. 30, 2007......Mailed AOS docs

Nov. 27, 2007.....Recieved "Notice of Receipt" of AOS docs

Dec. 20, 2007.....Biometrics appointment

Feb. 7, 2008.......Recieve AP and permit to work

Feb. 19, 2008.....Recieve SS card

Timeline
I am a Sub "S" corp. The profits from my biz go to my W2. I can not get my personel tax returns untill the company returns are complete. We are not going to file untill the deadline in Sept.

I do not have any problem meeting the minimum income requirements so that is not an issue. I can show all my bank statements, checking and saving as well as my investment accounts as well as payroll stubs from the biz. I am not going to be able to provide end of year tax statements for 2006 untill who knows when.

I'm a sole proprietorship. I am not familiar with "S" corporations. Hopefully, someone will come along soon and offer a little more to you. I know for sure that meeting the financial requirement is the same for all of us. I see on here sometimes people stating their "business" makes more than the adequate amount required. The one thing that is pointed out, it's not the business petitioning for the visa, it's the person. Now, it all comes down to "proving" it to the embassy when the time is right.

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Timeline

I'm a sole proprietorship. I am not familiar with "S" corporations. Hopefully, someone will come along soon and offer a little more to you. I know for sure that meeting the financial requirement is the same for all of us. I see on here sometimes people stating their "business" makes more than the adequate amount required. The one thing that is pointed out, it's not the business petitioning for the visa, it's the person. Now, it all comes down to "proving" it to the embassy when the time is right.

Ok

Here is my question, my fiance and I have been self employed, duel members of an LLC for almost the last 2 years. We were told not to put it on the application because the ...oh Catholic Charities people said it didnt matter.

Now I wonder about some of the advice they gave us

Bobbie & Klaus

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

Timeline
Ok

Here is my question, my fiance and I have been self employed, duel members of an LLC for almost the last 2 years. We were told not to put it on the application because the ...oh Catholic Charities people said it didnt matter.

The whole thing boils down to making sure the person you are petitioning for a fiance(e) will not become a public charge once they are here. The government wants to make certain you are able to provide adequate financial support. Petitioners for the K-1 will need to prove they do meet the 2007 Federal Poverty Guidelines. If you are able to show that you are, you've met the requirement. If you do not meet that poverty guideline, you can use your assests or have a co-sponsor for the visa. I think it's great you are working in the same LLC. Unfortunately, I do not believe they will include her income. It is usually just the petitioner. I could be misinformed about this since the two of you are duel members of a LLC. I hope there will be more input on this situation for you from people in a similiar situation as yours or has already gone through it.

As far as what you read from this forum or what you hear from Catholic Charities, you should always research further to confirm advice. People on here are not immigration lawyers. If you are unsure, you may want to contact a competent immigration attorney.

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Timeline
Ok

The whole thing boils down to making sure the person you are petitioning for a fiance(e) will not become a public charge once they are here. The government wants to make certain you are able to provide adequate financial support. Petitioners for the K-1 will need to prove they do meet the 2007 Federal Poverty Guidelines. If you are able to show that you are, you've met the requirement. If you do not meet that poverty guideline, you can use your assests or have a co-sponsor for the visa. I think it's great you are working in the same LLC. Unfortunately, I do not believe they will include her income. It is usually just the petitioner. I could be misinformed about this since the two of you are duel members of a LLC. I hope there will be more input on this situation for you from people in a similiar situation as yours or has already gone through it.

As far as what you read from this forum or what you hear from Catholic Charities, you should always research further to confirm advice. People on here are not immigration lawyers. If you are unsure, you may want to contact a competent immigration attorney.

Well while we do good business the profits are slow in coming, so I won't even be using it as a form of income. I actually might have to go get a job to qualify, I qualified last year I think, and the year before,but this year is SLOW....I have 2 forms of self employment.

and my finace is a guy! Thanks for the response, I do appreicate it.

Bobbie

Edited by Bobbie

Bobbie & Klaus

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.