Matt_Stevens

Just got my Case # in the mail! Things keep moving quickly.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

OK, so I received the letter in the mail from "Bureau of Consular Affairs" yesterday. It says the petition will now be forwarded to the appropriate visa-issuing post where the interview will take place.

That's Ho Chi Minh City. :crying:

So, as I understand it, in about a month HCMC will receive this information and then they will mail my girl instructions, correct?

I need to send her the copy of the I-129F I made, along with originals of all documents, correct?

Since HCMC is notorious for doing interview days months later, and I am going to Vietnam in May, should I just bring those originals with me, rather than risk sending them through the mail?

Thanks for your help. :thumbs:

P.S. You really have to love Vermont. It's been less than a month since I sent the I-129F in.

Edited by Matt_Stevens

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My experience:

Yes when HCMC Consulate receives your physical file/package, it will send your fiance's Pack-3. Don't remember exact time, but somewhere 4-6 weeks.

Key action: MUST fill out and return Pack3 ASAP, that's how they know when to schedule your fiance's visa interview.

As for sending important documents back home: Hand-carrier by friends/family when they go back on vacation or business. If not, Fedex everything (5-7 business days). Couple reasons: Safer, less inspection, Fedex guarantee the package arrives in one piece, unlike USPS. You can track the package, and it is signed for upon delivery. Basically, you send her what you send in with your I-129F and MORE.

However, you are going back there in May? Let do some guesstimate:

Take 4-5 weeks for the physical package arrives in HCMC (Mid April)

Take 4-6 weeks for HCMC to send out Pack3 (Mid May)

So depends, when do you leave in May? Hand Carry your important files/document is the way to go.

Yes, Vermont is fast, but I couldn't believe how fast it is nowadays (took them 45 days for my case).

Good luck!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I do love Vermont. I'm getting my letters, NOA, etc on the same days as yours. Yes they will mail your fiancee instructions, and you need to send her your affidavit of support, original documents, copy of I-129F. I'm sending mine along now - but Seoul embassy I believe moves a lot quicker than Ho Chi Minh City. So I think you could bring yours when you go to Vietnam - if it's early in May anyway. Otherwise I'd just send them now in case she needs them. I like Global Express Mail, it's trackable.

Shannon 명철

:D Congratulations :dance: Take a look at the guide: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=k1guide

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi Matt,

Congratulations on getting shipped to HCMC. We too just left the NVC and I'm guessing our case packages were mailed via DHL on the same day as I see we both left the NVC on 3/16.

I tracked a package (using the tracking instructions from VJ user Peter_Miami) from the NVC on the 16th or March and arrived in HCMC the 20th (Monday) at 10:00am.

I'm living/working here in Ho Chi Minh City, so I plan to give the US Consulate a call, or email them to inquire about receiving the petition.

I understand the same as you that it will take some weeks before packet 3 will be sent out.

Regarding the I-134, as far as I know from all of my reading, the I-134 isn't needed until the interview date. That doesn't mean you shouldn't start collecting the supporting information for it now though. Get it all together and then you can judge best if you need to mail it or hand carry it with you when you come to Vietnam in May (I did read about your upcoming visit on another post).

It looks like we'll be going through this next step of the journey together. You got an approval through Vermont quicker than we did through Nebraska, but now I think we all join the bottleneck at the US Consulate in HCMC. Good luck to you both. We'll be keeping tabs on your progress.

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

Hi there. Yes, I think we'll likely go through this at the same rate now, so we will have to keep each other informed of progress here on the board.

My parents are moving to another state this Summer and by Fall I will follow them (I am sick of CT weather) so I do worry about that showing "instability", as that means the co-sponsors will have new jobs and places of residence. Hope that is not an issue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats!!!! I am happy that things are going quickly for you.

Af for everything I need to send my Fiancee when I get to this point, do I need to send originals of everything including Pay Stubs, Bank Statements, W-2's, Divorce Paper, Birth Certificate, Phone Records? Also about the intent to marry, I guess all I need to do is print another one out and sign and date it. As for the letter from my bank and employer, this should be the originals of the copies sent with my I-129f? Most of this seems redundant, unless my lawyer already prepared me with all of this.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Af for everything I need to send my Fiancee when I get to this point, do I need to send originals of everything including Pay Stubs, Bank Statements, W-2's, Divorce Paper, Birth Certificate, Phone Records? Also about the intent to marry, I guess all I need to do is print another one out and sign and date it. As for the letter from my bank and employer, this should be the originals of the copies sent with my I-129f? Most of this seems redundant, unless my lawyer already prepared me with all of this.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Thanks for the help!!!!

Thanks for the help!!!!

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.