Pee&Eee

We plan to file for K1 in August

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone,

So my boyfriend and I met 7 months ago online and we would be meeting for the first time this summer in Germany in June for one week and we plan to file in August. What are we to keep in mind as we file? Which USCIS office are we to file at? What do we need to include whilst assembling our visa packet? We have communicated these past months via calls on Facebook, chats, Snail mail( Letters by post), emails, Whats App chats and we would be taking enough pictures when we meet. Are these enough evidence of an ongoing relationship? How patient do we nee to be for the process to be completed?

Many thanks for helping us out.

Pris&Eri

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Reading the guides will help, it will let you know everything you need to include in the package to be able to file.

Also, the instructions for the I-129F form will let you know more information as well as the address to mail it to.

Expect a year, give or take a few months, although things are moving fairly quickly these days. Realistically, I'd say if everything goes smoothly, 8-9 months. But just to be in the safe side, plan for a year wait for everything to be completed.

Happy journey!

Edited by FN&KO

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

Im also filing from germany.I would file as soon as possible, because the processing time can really be a pain, and it seems to take longer now than it did just a few month ago.

You need to include:

- I-129F Form

- G-325A Forms (1 has to be filled out by you and one by your fiance) each of you also have to attach passport photos to that Form.

- Letters of Íntent to Marry (also from each of you, dated and signed)

- A cover letter (signed by the petitioner)

- I-1145 G Form (optional) Its just so you get informed when they recieve your case

- Copy of Divorce deegree (if that applies), Birthcertificate and Passport of the Petitioner

You can get Example forms from here http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

- Evidence of Meeting and Proof of Relationship:

- Screenshots of chat history of Facebook etc. conversations, Whatsapp screenshots

- copies of Letters you send each other

- Photos

- Copy of Passport stamp, boardingpass and initiary from your fiance when he comes to Germany

- If you plan trips while in Germany, you should keep as many receipts, tickets and take photos just in case.

- If you met online, i would also include a printed out copy of the Terms of condidions and policy of the Network where you met, so you, so

can proof its not an international marriage Broker.

Make a exact copy of the compelte package, and be sure you signed everything.

You will have to send the whole package to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox:

USCIS
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

After recieving your Petition they will forward it to the Service Center (most likely California).

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

for 2016 the k1 process seems to be taking 4-7 months on average , im also going to be a august filer so if your a straight forward case with no rfes or delays ,it would def be under a year ,the best way for a smooth process is to prepare and research ,ive even seen ppl get the process done under 4 months so just keep that in mind

Your country is not on the high fraud list meeting within the last two years and your fiancee being USC and being a genuine relationship are the most important requierements....GOODLUCK :thumbs:

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.