nawal321

6 months after the interview Montreal

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

please advice Forum seniors,

This is my case.

my spouse did the interview at the beginning of November last year. after the interview the officer said you will get your immigrant visa in 2 weeks. Got involved my congressman after months of waiting. we emailed the visa office the only reply is like your visa is still in "Administrative processing" same past and copy email every time. congressman found for us that my spouse visa got denied temporary because the officer found was "incomplete" . the consulate did not say what was incomplete rather they say that they don't need anything from us. the weird thing is that they said, the officer notified my spouse that he got 221(g) but we didn't receive anything from the embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

please advice Forum seniors,

This is my case.

my spouse did the interview at the beginning of November last year. after the interview the officer said you will get your immigrant visa in 2 weeks. Got involved my congressman after months of waiting. we emailed the visa office the only reply is like your visa is still in "Administrative processing" same past and copy email every time. congressman found for us that my spouse visa got denied temporary because the officer found was "incomplete" . the consulate did not say what was incomplete rather they say that they don't need anything from us. the weird thing is that they said, the officer notified my spouse that he got 221(g) but we didn't receive anything from the embassy.

Hi nawal321!

My case is a little similar but with longer waiting. My husband's interview was May/21/2015 and since them we have been under AP. the consular officer told him that everything was fine and to just wait 2 or 3 weeks. They never update the file unless I send an email, we have made a couple of congregational inquires but answer has been the same, always. " Still on AP, you need to wait". My husband is Canadian Citizen but was born in Cuba, we believe that is the reason for the AP even tho his records are clean for both countries and he has been here in US more than 20 times visiting.
The consulate has never requested any additional documents from us.
Unfortunately no body knows how long this might take.
There's many resons to be under AP. from missing documents or place of birth to field of work like technology or Biochemicals.
I just hope your waiting won't be as long as mine. this is a really bad and stressful time for any family.
Good luck!! please keep me posted on any updates.

Where is your spouse from orginally? Are they a Canadian citizen? Were they born in Canada? If so where is their family from?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.