rdsv

Decision cannot be made on N400 interview

53 posts in this topic

Well, as I mentioned, they have 120 days from the day of interview/from the day they received RFE to respond. Most likely 120 work days. so aprx 6 months......

just giving you update. my status was updated and they sent me the letter for my oath taking. exactly one month after they issued and sent the RFE.

June 2 2013 priority date
december 2013 Rfe
february 2014 sent Rfe
March 2014 approved at USCIS
june 2014 NVC received
march 2 2015 sent aos and iv package
march 8 i emailed nvc request to expedite my case
march 13 approved expedite request
march 17 in transit status in CEAC
march 19 case file at US embassy
march 23 first day of medical at Slec
march 29 personal evaluation...passed!
April 6 immunization
april 13 interview at USEM. under Administrative Processing Reason; Medical result was still not forwarded by SLEC.
After my interview i called SLEC they told me they forwarded it at USEM same day of my interview.
July 29 I emailed SLEC to confirm again when did they forwarded my Medical Result at USEM. They replied...forwarded April 13.
July 30 status update date change FINALLY.
September 2015 went in US embassy to withdraw my passport coz I've waited for how many months and no approval yet. Only to find out my case file has been sitting in the corner ...no one reviewed my medical result. to make the story short, I took medical again for the second time , then after a my medical result released, I have my visa on my hands.

October 28 2015 POE Sam Francisco
November 7, 2015 SSN
December 2015... 10 year green card arrived
December 2015 Driver's license issued..yay! <p>

NATURALIZATION N400 SECTION 319B
January 29,2016 Application for N400 section 319b sent at Phoenix AZ
February 1 Priority date
February 9 NOA
February 23 Biometric done, walk in (March 2 original schedule
February 28 Inline for interview
March 30 interview was scheduled
May 4, 2016 INTERVIEW APPROVED

just giving you update. my status was updated and they sent me the letter for my oath taking. exactly one month after they issued and sent the RFE.

What did they ask in RFE?

What did they ask in RFE?

i think USCIS is replying depending the situation and depending what RFE they asked.

first, during my interview , everything went well. she told me she thinks my papers are all good,congratulations and that i will receive a notice gor oath taking, that oath taking will be 2-3 weeks after. But i am upset after 1 week i received a notice but not for my oath taking, but RFE. they asked a letter of explanation from my husbabd's company. and a proof that i will leave the country as soon as i have my citizenship. we bought a plane ticket which will be on july 6.

in your RFE notice, theres a date there that you can send your RFE on or before that date. Mine is June 8, so i guess they are opening the responded RFE documents on the date they had given you on your RFE notice. goodluck to you.

december 2013 Rfe
february 2014 sent Rfe
june 2014 NVC received
April 6 immunization
april 13 interview at USEM. under Administrative Processing Reason; Medical result was still not forwarded by SLEC.
After my interview i called SLEC they told me they forwarded it at USEM same day of my interview.
July 29 I emailed SLEC to confirm again when did they forwarded my Medical Result at USEM. They replied...forwarded April 13.
September 2015 went in US embassy to withdraw my passport coz I've waited for how many months and no approval yet. Only to find out my case file has been sitting in the corner ...no one reviewed my medical result. to make the story short, I took medical again for the second time , then after a my medical result released, I have my visa on my hands.

November 7, 2015 SSN

February 1 Priority date
February 9 NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Here is my Interview experience which was on 1st June 2016 in Atlanta, i Checked the mail today too no RFE yet in the Mail!:

Interviewer Was not rude, and was attentive and listened to me when i talked.

-when i walked behind her to her office she told me to remain standing, she walked to her chair and stayed standing and asked me to raise my hand...everthing i say will be truth ..etc.

right after i sat she said i am going to do your interview and Civics test but cannot approve because your background(maybe she used security check) check is not back yet.

she went through all my paperwork asked me questions... then she asked other then what you have mentioned in N400 Application have you ever been arrested again? she asked so what happend ? why you got arrested, i told her my exwife was abuser. she was arrested 3 times for hitting me and when she found out i was leaving home she called police and told them lies that i hit her and there was an warrant issued for me which i had no idea about until i was stopped by state trooper in Kentucky who told me that there is a arrest warrant for you in GA but they could not arrest me because it was just a instate non extradite warrant.
i went back to GA(i was always travelling on my job between states) and talked with an attorney and turned myself in, I told interviewer case was dismissed and expunged. gave her disposition letter from court and all the police reports when my EX got arrested for hitting me.
She was ok with my answers.

-asked me to sign my application and an other paper with my name and address on it. she asked for divorce decree and my new Marriage certificate.
She gave me a paper N652 with B- A decision cannot yet be made about your application. checked on it, She said she will have to check on my background check again.

i stood up and said "May be i should not ask you this but i have read online about horrible experiences about people getting deported if they had arrest on their Record" is my case ok? or am i Ok? she said yes your case was Dismissed.

i asked so technically i am approved just pending security check? she said Yes. She Congratulated me for our New born baby who was born few months ago and i walked out of her room

Later that evening i got email from USCIS and my Online status changed to

Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed.

now i am just anxious and worried, she did ask me if i had Divorce Decrees of My Current Wife from her previous marriages, i said no, (i applied for n400 on 5 year residency basis)

Edited by a1v

in my son's case it took one month from interview to approval from "decision cannot be made" at interview.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

oath taking on June 23,2016

yay!!

december 2013 Rfe
february 2014 sent Rfe
june 2014 NVC received
April 6 immunization

November 7, 2015 SSN

February 1 Priority date
February 9 NOA

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone I got the same"can not made the decision yet .because I got the arrest and was not my fault,police arrested me figure print and let me go , I have not been in the court ! I gave IO all my paperwork and ask me to wait the decision or Oath letter. But two of my friends are the same IO have been waiting 1-3years .

On 5/24/2016 at 2:00 PM, rdsv said:

Just wondering on people experience's after getting a decision cannot be made after the N400 interview.

I know it can take from 1 day to 120 days (limit that USCIS has)or more.

Could other people share their experiences?

Timing when they got a decision? online update? letter?

I noticed on the USCIS website that most office locations are falling behind. Not sure if that would be the reason...

I just got the same decision as you !can I ask who is your IO? Did u get your Oath Letter" now ?

I got same decision cant be made and request for RFE at the interview. I sent all pprwrk they asked for in 3 weeks. 

Year after i was called for 2nd interview!!! insane right? My lawyer advised me to withdraw petition and apply under different rules

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.