gracey grace

case file transfer

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

"Your case has been sent to the US Embassy for further processing today. You will be contacted once you file arrived. Please note that your case is transferred via diplomatic mail which can take 4-6 weeks."

This is what i received from US Consul in Germany. My question is, should I wait for their lists of requirements before i send it to them and wait for their instructions again? So i got to hold on to my requirements?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Your case has been sent to the US Embassy for further processing today. You will be contacted once you file arrived. Please note that your case is transferred via diplomatic mail which can take 4-6 weeks."

This is what i received from US Consul in Germany. My question is, should I wait for their lists of requirements before i send it to them and wait for their instructions again? So i got to hold on to my requirements?

Very good news!! There have been real horror stories regarding transferring files over the years ... yours went very smoothly... :thumbs:

You don't send anything to the embassy in Germany. Watch the CEAC website for the status of your case, with it being transferred it should be showing "in transit".

The only list of requirements you should be addressing now are for USEM (I gave you a link to that earlier), and those documents are hand carried to the interview by you. Once the case file is in Manila you will have to schedule your interview, I gave you the contact info earlier.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yes, hopefully it will all turn out good. So, I will wait for the USEM to tell me when can I send all my requirements then? Yes, you sent me the link to the USEM. And thank you for that :)

For now keep checking the CEAC website, once you know the embassy has your case file (READY status) call the embassy to get your appointment scheduled.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visa.html

You don't SEND anything to USEM you hand carry all the required documents for the interview.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/iv_documents.html

instructions letter: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/Instructions%20Packets/iv-interview-preparation-instructions-english-feb-2016.pdf

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hi Hank! Here i go again :D . Can i change my DS 260? Coz my case number here is from Germany? And also, can i change some infos like my passport number and expiration date. Because now i have a new passport which is under my married name. The ones in my ds 260 was the old one but not expired yet, but i changed my passport to my married name so the details about my passport does not match with my new one.

Timeline

Hi Hank! Here i go again :D . Can i change my DS 260? Coz my case number here is from Germany? And also, can i change some infos like my passport number and expiration date. Because now i have a new passport which is under my married name. The ones in my ds 260 was the old one but not expired yet, but i changed my passport to my married name so the details about my passport does not match with my new one.

Yes you can complete a new DS-260, bring the new confirmation page from that DS-260 to the interview. (bring BOTH passports to your interview)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I will check if i still have my old passport back home. I am not sure if DFA had my old passport.

DFA returns the old passport with the new one. You should have it, make sure to bring it to the interview

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hello Hank! I would like to know if you have an idea if how many weeks before germany send my case file to Philippines? Do you think it is still here in Germany? Coz we went to the passport office here and said they can expedite it since we will be leaving Germany next month.but they need to know where is the exact location of my file.

Timeline

Hello Hank! I would like to know if you have an idea if how many weeks before germany send my case file to Philippines? Do you think it is still here in Germany? Coz we went to the passport office here and said they can expedite it since we will be leaving Germany next month.but they need to know where is the exact location of my file.

Go to the CEAC website, enter your case file # that should give you current status.

Sometimes it takes a month or two for the case file to get transferred.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

It says " transfer in progress" and that my US Visa case has been transferred to another US Consular office and check on a later date for the status again.. thats what it says in the CEAC.

No idea where the case file actually is. I know of only a few couples that did transfers to another consulate, one took a couple months, the other was done in about a month, so no way of knowing "how quickly"

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.