shakedong93

Urgent! Please help RFE (merged threads)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hey blooms, I do have the affidavits which was made over 2-3 years ago when submitted 485&130. are these affidavits still effective?(I thought they are good only for 2 years or so). Both of us do not have 401K...instead we have teacher retirement program.....Health insurance are also separate coz we both work for the same hospital(we should have put one person on another person account...)

For the travel part...we always had road trips....but we do purchase a flight ticket to Costa Rica for this May...How could I collect the documents from travel itineraries? the bank statement showing the purchases out of the state(Texas) in the same time period?

Thanks a lot!

Send the travel itineraries, anything you have to show them that you travel together. Recent photos with friends and family. And get recent affidavits, come on. No time to slack especially you're getting and RFE and you have limited evidence to present.

Any retailers credit cards? Joint membership?

Make a cover letter explaining your situation of having minimum co-mingling assets. Essentially everything you both own together like pets, hospital bills for the pets? Maybe?

Blooms

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Send the travel itineraries, anything you have to show them that you travel together. Recent photos with friends and family. And get recent affidavits, come on. No time to slack especially you're getting and RFE and you have limited evidence to present.

Any retailers credit cards? Joint membership?

Make a cover letter explaining your situation of having minimum co-mingling assets. Essentially everything you both own together like pets, hospital bills for the pets? Maybe?

Blooms

Thanks blooms. I did sent a lot of pictures along with my application. And I will send all of those plus some extras for this RFE. We both live on the other sides of our families...It would be harder to get affidavits from family especially in a short time of period. However, We can definitely get two from our friends without a doubt. We were so focus on buying a house together..We do have a lot of online orders (from lowes, homedepot, costco, wayfair, target, macy's and bestbuy for our house) showing either one of our names and delivered to our house. All those purchases were made after NOA date(751). Do you think those will also help? Thanks a lot

It makes sense to purchase thousands of dollars(>10k) in one address within 6 months, the address which is the home we purchased together...isn't it...

It's not the point I wanna argue with you, I think it may help out some other stuff we don't have?

That does not at all prove that your spouse is even still living there with you though, or had any part in these purchases. The point is to supply evidence that shows you and your spouse are living together and also building a life together. It doesn't matter how much money you spent, if it does not clearly have any ties to your spouse (which it doesn't) it is not helpful at all.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Timeline

Hi everyone. Firstly, Thank you so much for all the supports and responses to my other thread(http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/594612-urgent-please-help-rfe/). I have no clue how to update the current thread, so I'm making a new one instead.

My NOA 10/19/2015, and RFE is on 04/28/2016, marriage on 07/2013

In my new list, I won't be able to provide all the utilities history, either a joint bank account.That's my fault/ our scenario.I will give a cover letter saying '1. Credit issues 2. Switch Providers a lot for a better deal 3. Providers won't give all the histories prior one and half years ago'. But I do can provide the individual bank account showing we have been living in the same address since marriage. Actually 'showing living under the same address' is one of any examples given on RFE. Another thing is both of families living so far away from us and it's really impossible to get an affidavit from them.Considering the Affidavit is not on the RFE list, shall I get two new ones from our friends?Please leave comments and suggestions!I appreciate it.

Here's my list

1. Driver License, Permanent Resident Card, Marriage Certificate

2. Mortgage Agreements under Both Names

a. Residential Sale & Construction Contract

b. HUD (Settlement Statement)

c. Escrow Account Disclosure Statement with payment history (since 11/2015)

d. Home Buyers Warranty Certificate

e. Title Insurance

3. Joint Income Tax 2013, 2014, 2015

4. Life Insurance Beneficiary Designation, Teacher Retirement System of Texas Beneficiary Designation, Texas System Optional Retirement Program (UT Saver) Beneficiary Designation

5. Joint Auto Insurance (12/2014 to Present), Joint Rental Insurance (05/2014 to Present), Joint Home Insurance (11/2015 to Present)

6. Joint Credit Cards Statements 06/2014- Present, Proof of Paying Each Other Individual Credit Cards Activities (06/2015 to Present)

7. Lease/Rental Agreement 2013-2015

8. Utility Bills and Individual Bank Statement

a. Individual Bank Statements Show Same Address (07/2013 to Present)

b. Electricity Bills (05/2015 to 03/2016 under Spouse, 03/2016 to Present under Me)

c. AT&T Telephone Bills (12/2014 to Present, under Me)

d. CenterPoint Gas Bills (11/2015 to Present, under Spouse)

e. Water Bills (10/2015 to Present, under Me)

9. Home Improvement Projects and Receipts

a. Picture of our new Purchased Home, Picture of Spouse Families Visited Our Home in Thanksgiving 2015

b. Receipt of Purchasing Living and Dining Room Furniture under Both Names

c. Receipt of Purchasing Washer (under Spouse)

d. Receipts of Purchasing Bedroom Furniture, Refrigerator, Garage Storage, Garden, Décor etc. for Our New House (under Me)

10. Other Supporting Documents

a. Pictures Together Since Marriage

b. Text Messages (WeChat) History

c. Email History

d. Flight Ticket Confirmation for 05/2016 to Costa Rica

e. Love Letters, Co-workers Letters for House Warm Party

f. Old Affidavit from friends (2/2013)

Edited by shakedong93

Timeline

Yes you can have friends/neighbors/co-workers/basically anyone who have known you both for a long time write an affidavit. Affidavits are secondary evidence. The home improvement receipts were discussed in length in your previous thread I believe but I just want to say those are secondary evidence and don't really show evidence of your bonafide marriage. Include 2-3 but not a whole lot. Your list looks really good!

Thank you so much Happy Chic! I really appreciate your help and efforts :D

• 4 weeks later...

If you got RFE you are behind for them, I mean low priority for them(sorry to say). I see people wait enough long after RFE answer sent here. Count on month at least. I am giving you a hug. Possible in same boat because I see people approved far after me, it means could be RFE too. :-(

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually get the case updated!!!!New Card is being produced. I wanna thank you Happy Chic and many others who helped me with my case. Honestly your kindess and being so helpful! I can not do this without all the people here! Best Wishes to people who are also going through RFE process

New Card Is Being Produced

On June 8, 2016, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Continuing/ongoing topics merged~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.