Lolarose

K1- Case status transfer in progress - after 221g

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi my fiance and I had an interview at the embassy in Haiti together. They put the case on administrative review...A week later they asked him to come back for more questions. They kept asking the same questions with intimidation- but the consulate said he did believe we are in a real relationship. 10 days later, they asked him to come back again for more questions--that was his 5th interview. They gave him a 221g. It's been two weeks now -the system show "transfer in progress" what does that mean? Should I just withdraw the case and marry him and refile?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You need to know the reason the CO feels the relationship is not real and fix the problem. You have to be able to prove the relationship is not just for immigration purposes. Marrying and filing for a spousal visa will have you ending up in the same situation if they do not believe the relationship is bona fide.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

How did you attend with your fiance? I thought nobody was allowed in except the applicant?

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

03/16/16 - NVC case number assigned

03/17/16 - In transit to consulate

03/22/16 - "Ready" on CEAC tracker

04/14/16 - Received packet 3 by email

04/15/16 - Medical exam

04/28/16 - Interview - Approved!

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

Timeline

Yeah that's a good question, they let you in for the interview? I remember after my fiancé interview, on the ceac site it stated "administration processing" for like 2 days, then it changed to "issued".

Timeline

his initial interview was him alone. The CO requested for me to come to Haiti for the 2nd interview. We interviewed together and apart on the same day. The CO was very nasty and insulting. ( total disrespect)

10 days later, they called him for another interview- they gave him 221g no additional documents required.

My question is why the system went from administrative review to transfer in progress?

Where are they transferring the case? Is it possible after they issue a 221g, they can approve the visa?

We don't know what to do because we have a real relationship. I don't know what they need from us.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

KayDeeCee is right, if your K-1 was rejected you need to know why and address their concern. So I'd highly recommend writing down every question that you can remember the CO asking. You should also write down as close to word for word what they said because it can take a long time before you get a definite rejection notification and are able to refile. What was marked in the 221G? I mean if they believe your relationship is real, is there something else that might be causing you problems?

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you and your fiancé been together? How many times (and for how long) did you visit? What did you submit for relationship evidence? And does your fiancé have a child? When my fiancé was going through the process (two years ago) it seemed like the majority of the denials posted on VJ in Haiti involved the beneficiary having a child. I found that very strange but it might have something to do with your case if they do.

Edited by JR loves JR

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I'm really sorry about your situation. It sucks. The other people I referred to in my previous post were able to successfully apply for a CR-1. Good luck to you in the future.

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.