GreenPaddy

EAD/AP card production takes up to 60 days?

10 posts in this topic

My EAD/AP was approved this month, after almost 90 days. I received NOA2 hardcopy in mail after about a week from approval. But my status never turned to "card in production". Still haven't got the combo card.

Called USCIS, they tell me "card production will take up to 60 days after approval". Is that true??

So EAD will take up to 90 days to approval, and then up to 60 days to production???

Told the tier 2 most applicants see "card in production" in a few days, and get the card in hard in about a week from approval. The agent says " I can't compare cases." I managed to put in service request for card production because the first agent I talked to said she can do it normally, but her system is broken today and suggested to talk to another officer.

I asked about my I-485 too. It's still at "fingerprint fee was received" phase. The officer says currently October 25 cases are being processed and to wait for 80 days to put in a service request. If it's going to take long, I rather hope it will linger for 2 years to save for ROC.

Just newly surprised by USCIS, that's why I'm posting...

Yeah, my I-485 online status didn't change from "biometrics received" until the actual green card was approved.

Thanks, I noticed some AOS cases are stuck in "biometrics fee received" or "ready for interview" for months.

If it takes up to 150 days to get EAD card on hand, how are we supposed to live, probably without a driver's license in this country?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It normally shouldn't take that long. Like you say, most times the AP-EAD card should be in the mail within a week or so of approval. Something has probably screwed up somewhere, as I'm sure you've guessed.

It normally shouldn't take that long. Like you say, most times the AP-EAD card should be in the mail within a week or so of approval. Something has probably screwed up somewhere, as I'm sure you've guessed.

Thanks. I'm curious if they say "Oh it takes 60 days" on the phone and whether to take any action if applicants didn't require a service request.

My wife's card came in 5 days after receiving the I-797 notice of approval.

Yes I think that's the case for most people here.

• 6 months later...

​so once receiving the EAD/AP approval how long might it be for the interview? My center seems to be reasonably fast, but others seems to take several months up to a year?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.