Whimplet

DCF London I-130 Mailed 7 April

57 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Spent quite alot of time reading the site and grateful for all the really useful information available here, especially Lost at Sea's guilde.

Thought I could describe my situation here and keep this updated as we go through the process.

I'm a USC living in London (domiciled to the UK) for the last 8 years. Married my wife (Malaysian citizen, UK ILR) in early 2008, and have 2 young children as a result!

We own a home in London, and I have gained my UK citizenship while living here, but now my employer wants me to move back to the USA for work.

Our move date is dictated by the successful greencard outcome, although she does have a B2 visa which I guess we could travel on for a visit if we need to.

We submitted the I-130 on 7 April 2016, with receipt confirmation via Royal Mail tracking on 8 April 2016, but have yet to hear anything from the London USCIS.

In a perfect world we'd be done by July/August, but accept this process is a leap into the unknown.

We have worked out potential timelimes based on others dates, but didn't realize how difficult it would be after we submitted the paperwork to essentially be in the dark, playing the waiting game.

I haven't quite worked out how to identify other UK/London filers - so anyone else in London going through the process please say hello.

Edited by Whimplet

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Good luck on your journey! You have a great attitude :-)

There's a UK regional forum here, I'm sure you'll find some fellow DCF applicants there :-)

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Just received rejected application today due to credit card payment failure.

No idea what that means, the card is active, used all over the world.

Was an Amex card...

So just resubmitted application with visa card, included photo of front and back of card as well.

Not an auspicious start to the process :(

Update from the April 2016 I-130 thread:

Quick update on our timeline - received NOA1 confirmation via email today - what a relief!

No idea why American Express card was rejected or didn't work for the Embassy, but the VISA we sent in the second time did work.

Means we lost about 2 weeks in our timeline :ranting:

Pleasantly surprised about the Malaysian Police Certificate process and speed at which this was done compared to some older posts I've read on here.

We're now preparing to submit UK ACRO Police Cert request and I've printed out the DS-260 form to start to prepare that as well

05-Apr-2016 Submitted Online Malaysia Police Certificate Request
07-Apr-2016 I-130 Alien Spouse Sponsorship application sent to London Embassy Royal Mail tracked
08-Apr-2016 signed for delivery at London Embassy – Delivered
14-Apr-2016 Notification that Malaysian Police Certificate is ready to collect at Malaysian London Embassy
20-Apr-2016 Received returned application due to Credit Card payment rejected (AMEX)
20-Apr-2016 Updated to FD VISA and re-sent I-130 to USCIS London via Royal Mail tracked
21-Apr-2016 signed for delivery at London Embassy – Delivered
26-Apr-2016 I-130 received, processed, and payment taken confirmed by email (NOA1 dated 25 April 2016)
28-Apr-2016 Appointment to collect Malaysian Police Certificate from London Malaysian Embassy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that

I've calculated a timeline that puts us roughly in mid-August for completion if we don't have any RFEs.

We've just applied for the UK police certificate, and the rest is just waiting...

My employer wants to move me as of 1 July, so I am preparing a request for expedite based on financial hardship and will see if that can help us move things along as I've had feedback that this has a 'chance' at being successful

I think we have all other evidence/documentation available and will submit at the appropriate time as speedily as possible!

Hi Whimplet

It may not be the same for you, but it was exactly two months from NOA1 to NOA2 for me, via the London embassy.

Hi Whimplet - Mollusk and I have the exactly same timeline thus far, it was also exactly two months (61 days) for us, same date of NOA1.

I think it is worth noting that while we were waiting there were two weeks where the embassy only moved forward the processing time by two days, but the most recent weekly update moved from March 3 to March 21st, so possibly a good sign for you!

Perhaps sad but was anxiously awaiting (refreshing webpage) the embassy processing time update today. (https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/i130filing-html/)

Processing date 'only' moved 8 days, and is now 29 March.

That could mean they would process our priority date by the first Friday in June which is slightly earlier than the timeline I've mapped out.

I guess it's also possible that some weeks won't jump by 8 days or other weeks jump more, so trying not to get hopes up or read into this too much (although that's easier said than done!)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update for our journey.

I-130 processing at the London embassy only moved from 29 March to 4 April as of 20 May, was hoping for another 2 week jump!

Received the UK ACRO Police Certificate on Friday 20 May, waiting to get GP vaccine MMR, otherwise running out of things to do in preparation for receiving NOA2/submitting DS-206...

Our timeline:

05-Apr-2016 Submitted Online Malaysia Police Certificate Request
07-Apr-2016 I-130 Alien Spouse Sponsorship application sent to London Embassy Royal Mail tracked
08-Apr-2016 signed for delivery at London Embassy – Delivered
14-Apr-2016 Notification that Malaysian Police Certificate is ready to collect at Malaysian London Embassy
20-Apr-2016 Received returned application due to Credit Card payment rejected (AMEX)
20-Apr-2016 Updated to FD VISA and re-sent I-130 to USCIS London via Royal Mail tracked
21-Apr-2016 signed for delivery at London Embassy – Delivered
26-Apr-2016 I-130 received, processed, and payment taken confirmed by email (NOA1 dated 25 April 2016)
28-Apr-2016 Collected Malaysian Police Certificate from London Malaysian Embassy
06-May-2016 Submitted UK Police ACRO Certificate online
13-May-2016 Received GP vaccination report - missing MMR evidence, going to request MMR vaccination from GP
20-May-2016 Received UK Police Certificate dated 18 May 2016

• 3 weeks later...

In the tedious period of waiting...

Still awaiting arrival of tax returns.

Slight complication with the MMR so another GP appointment this week.

Not alot else to do, but feel otherwise we're prepared.

Annoying that prior to the bank holiday the USCIS I-130 review page on the London Embassy site only moved from April 4th to April 5th!

Then last week it moved to 11 April (as of 3 June). Hoping for another jump this week so that our priority date of 25 April gets actioned soon...

I-130 processing at the London embassy only moved from 29 March to 4 April as of 20 May, was hoping for another 2 week jump!

So as of 13 June the review date is 18 April - which if we're lucky means that sometime during this week they could get to our priority date of 25 April, which will hopefully be confirmed on Friday and we'll receive something in the post this week or next.

I will be chasing for our LND number asap so that we can book our interview.

We need to have our interview by mid-august so we have any hope be moving by 1 Sept to the states as my job is transferring me as of that date...

Hi Whimplet,

I am almost on the same timescale as you... I-130 reciept date was the 20th April so hoping this Friday it shows we are getting processed.

I feel your pain, the uncertainty around the timescales through this is a killer!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.