Whimplet

DCF London I-130 Mailed 7 April

57 posts in this topic

Hi Voyager - good to know someone else with similar timelines - please check in and let me know if/when you have positive progress...

I'm still not entirely sure of how we receive the NOA2 confirmation. Is that sent in the self addressed envelope that we send in with the application?

Since our original was returned due to the credit card payment issue, I'm not freaking out trying to remember if we included a new envelope with the resent application.

What happens if we didn't? Do they mail it or contact us by email?

All fingers and toes crossed to see the processing date beyond 25 April tomorrow! :)

Should be good news for Voyager and myself.

The London USCIS I-130 Processing page now says as of 17 July they are processing petitions filed on 2 May 2016.

My priority date is 25 April - does that mean I should be expecting something in the post early next week (either RFE or Approval of NOA2?)

Just can't happen fast enough!

I ordered all of my IRS transcripts yesterday (16 June 2016) - so hopefully that won't take more than 30 days to arrive in London, but should still be with me well in time for our upcoming interview...

https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/i130filing-html/

2nd May is quite a jump, but glad it's where it is.

​The NOA2 comes in the stamp address envelope you provided. I don't know how soon to expect this though! The NOA2 doesn't give us anything as far as I am aware but only tells us it is approved. So even if you didn't include a SAE I don't think it is critical.

The next thing is to wait for the next packet which has the LDN number and that's when the medical can be booked. Again, I don't know timescales between these. Maybe someone else might who is further in the process or recently completed?

I think we are pretty organised with all the documents for the next stage, the I-186 is complete, I hope. Certain questions are very sketchy in it

UK Embassy website just updated from 2 May to 4 May as of 24 June - so not a big move this week.

I still haven't had any update regarding NOA2 approval from my I-130 application via the London Embassy, was expecting to have heard something by now.

Will try to figure out best way to contact USCIS at London Embassy on Monday to get an update.

NOA2 approved as of 13 June!!!

I couldn't wait for next week, so I just replied to the NOA1 email that I received from the USCIS asking for a status update.

They replied within 2 hours and confirmed that my I-130 was approved on 13 June 2016 and that the approval confirmation was posted on 23 June 2016 - so assume I'll have the hardcopy today or Monday.

Great news! Look forward to getting the NOA3 so we can get the interview date confirmed...

Have updated my timeline, and included summary here:

Our timeline:

05-Apr-2016 Submitted Online Malaysia Police Certificate Request

07-Apr-2016 I-130 Alien Spouse Sponsorship application sent to London Embassy Royal Mail tracked
08-Apr-2016 signed for delivery at London Embassy – Delivered
14-Apr-2016 Notification that Malaysian Police Certificate is ready to collect at Malaysian London Embassy
20-Apr-2016 Received returned application due to Credit Card payment rejected (AMEX)
20-Apr-2016 Updated to FD VISA and re-sent I-130 to USCIS London via Royal Mail tracked
21-Apr-2016 signed for delivery at London Embassy – Delivered
26-Apr-2016 I-130 received, processed, and payment taken confirmed by email (NOA1 dated 25 April 2016)
28-Apr-2016 Collected Malaysian Police Certificate from London Malaysian Embassy
06-May-2016 Submitted UK Police ACRO Certificate online
13-May-2016 Received GP vaccination report - missing MMR evidence, going to request MMR vaccination from GP
20-May-2016 Received UK Police Certificate dated 18 May 2016
16-June-2016 Ordered IRS Tax transcripts for previous 3 years returns
17-June-2016 UK Embassy website updates with 2 May as priority review date - expecting to have NOA2 soon
22-June-2016 Confirmed Rubella test taken prior to pregnancy and getting GP records updated
24-June-2016 GP Blood test for Measles and Mumps immunity/vaccine to add to GP records
24-June-2016 Emailed USCIS to inquire about NOA2, responded within 2 hours to confirm approval as of 13 June with 23 June as date approval posted

I Just done the same and emailed them, I must be right behind you. I do hope so. So Its the second envelope we really need to worry about, please keep me informed as to when you receive yours. Many Thanks Sharon

Hi My husband is my Petitioner. We were under the understanding that he would have to be at the interview with me, but everything Im reading doesn't say this. You think he's free to go ahead of me and start the move? or you think there is any chance he will be asked to come to the interview? Sorry for all the questions?

petitioner doesn't need to be there - he can start the move.

His role was the I-130 request/approval and to act as sponsor on the I-864 form (if his income allows) - after that he's not involved in the process

if my wife reads this she'll probably acknowledge that I'm also useless now that our I-130 is approved :rofl:

Thanks ... I think thats what he should do? Im hoping it will be no longer that 6 weeks to finalise what you think? Its so hard as it means splitting the family up for that long, but it'll all be worth it Im sure.

Are your plans already made to go too?

My employer wants me to be working in the USA by 1st Sept - so we're under relatively tight timelines also.

If we can get the case number in the next 10 days or so i think finishing within 6 weeks is still possible.

I'd prefer to go as a family and not leave them behind in the UK.

As I'm transferring with the same employer and my income is well over the poverty level I'm not concerned about going early to re-establish domicile or anything like that. But there would be nothing preventing me from doing so if the situation called for it or even required it to help the approval along...

We received the NOA2 approval via post on Saturday. Strangely it says the approval happened on 10 June 2016 so I'm surprised we haven't also received the NOA3 yet. I've submitted a follow up via the Immigrant contact form on the website today for an update, requesting the case number.

It seems we are all in the same boat, I think my husband will head out in about three weeks, we are trying to all stay together for as long as possible.. We don't really want the family split up. I should have my NOA2 today then. I was hoping they posted them both the same time. Ive also send a request for the LND number. Let me know how you get on? If you hear anything back. Its a waiting game thats for sure. Good Luck

Found this relatively recent thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/566701-i-130-approved;-waiting-for-case-number/

Looks like this person had luck calling the NVC directly so will try that today.

Will use this number National Visa Center (NVC): US 603-334-0700 (press 1 then 5 to speak with an operator) Hours: 7am - 12am EST, Monday to Friday

Also looking at the general NVC process we can make some assumptions about the London case numbers.

With luck we can figure out which case is ours with only the foreign alien's full birthday e.x. YYYYMMDD

I've checked from 10 June to 24 June using the case check website https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

I've used LND2016662001 all the way to LND2016676012.

Case loads between those dates appear to be roughly 20 per day with 20 June having 40.

Based on my 10 June approval date, and assuming experience with the DCF UK process where it appears to be transferred within 3-5 days, I think my case number should be included within this time span. A painstaking process I might go through is trying every possible option between those dates - surprised none of the apps allow you to do this more quickly to avoid the captcha security check for each submission...

Case number details from Step1 under NVC info:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

How to Find Out WHEN Your Case Number was Assigned
For those that don't call every single day and want to know exactly what date their case number was assigned, there's an easy way to find out that simply involves looking at your case number. The first three letters are the three-letter consulate/embassy code. The next four numbers are the year the case number was assigned. The next three numbers are the Julian date it was assigned, plus 500. And finally, the last three numbers are the sequential order of when it was assigned that date. You can find a chart with Julian dates here [10].
For example: MTL2014815162. Let's put some lines in to divide it up. So: MTL|2014|815|162. This means that this case is going through Montreal and the number was assigned on November 11th, 2014, and it was the 162nd case that day to be assigned a number.

Date Julian Date Plus 500 Total Cases

10-Jun 162 662 26

11-Jun 163 663 3

12-Jun 164 664 0

13-Jun 165 665 17

14-Jun 166 666 18

15-Jun 167 667 24

16-Jun 168 668 27

17-Jun 169 669 13

18-Jun 170 670 4

19-Jun 171 671 0

20-Jun 172 672 40

21-Jun 173 673 18

22-Jun 174 674 20

23-Jun 175 675 20

24-Jun 176 676 12

Edited by Whimplet

I called that number and got through straight away, However they said without a receipt number they cannot give me any information, do you know where the receipt number would be? Would it be on the form you received Saturday.?

I'm travelling for the next hour or so but will call when I'm at a place with decent signal.

Consular filing doesn't receive a receipt number (I think) but expecting they can find with surname and DoB or other applicant info? Maybe not...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.