Whimplet

DCF London I-130 Mailed 7 April

57 posts in this topic

So I called that number as well - got through within about 5 minutes - the person I spoke to was adamant that they don't have London case information.

I explained to her every type of number on my notice of approval and nothing was there she could use, and she refused to look up via just name and DoB.

As soon as I said I filed directly with London it was like game over...

I might try again later in the week to see if a different person would make any difference, but doesn't appear that way.

General odd observation is that my approval notice header states Rome Field office of US DoHS

The Notice of Approval on only says, Beneficiary, Beneficiary A-Number which is basically all zeros so assume not useful, classification IR-1, priority date and approval date.

No other numbers and no mention of how long it takes to for the Consulate Section of the DoS in the Embassy to contact the beneficiary, although it says they will contact just no timing indicated.

I went through all possible open cases between 10 June to 24 June and used the beneficiaries DoB as the Invoice number.

None matched. I assume that either the case hasn't been created yet, or perhaps the case hasn't been activated/attached to the DoB/Invoice information.

Some of the cases returned different errors e.g. some said the info wasn't with the NVC versus others that said not with the Embassy.

Will keep trying to figure it out...

I've checked from 10 June to 24 June using the case check website https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

I've used LND2016662001 all the way to LND2016676012.

Case loads between those dates appear to be roughly 20 per day with 20 June having 40.

Based on my 10 June approval date, and assuming experience with the DCF UK process where it appears to be transferred within 3-5 days, I think my case number should be included within this time span. A painstaking process I might go through is trying every possible option between those dates - surprised none of the apps allow you to do this more quickly to avoid the captcha security check for each submission...

Case number details from Step1 under NVC info:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

I submitted the webform before 09:00 on Monday 27 June using the status update for my case option and received a reply before 14:00 that they didn't have the record yet and advising that it could take up to 8 weeks to be received/processed.

The email reply says I can follow up again via the same email - will send another request probably next Tuesday.

Was surprised to get such a quick reply as it has a 5 day SLA

I'll keep checking the ceac status site each day and trying with the invoice number to open our case...

It's the standard contact form on the London Embassy site

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-information-services/contact-us-immigrant-visas/

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-information-services/contact-us-immigrant-visas/u-s-embassy-london-visa-unit-contact-form/

I've seen someone comment on another thread to select the 3rd option rather than the status update which tends to be ignored.

However I selected the status option and received the quick reply...

I entered the numbers up until end of June 20th and got a message saying it was with the NVC and to take the steps you received with the letter. Im going to try later dates now...

What I did was check the status of each day to determine how many applications were being processed for that day and confirm which case numbers were valid https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

Then went back to other page to start the DS-260 as an applicant, which requires the invoice number to be input (for us that's the DoB YYYYMMDD)

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

I'm assuming if the case number is active and our Invoice (dob) matches, it will launch the DS 260 application. And that will confirm your case number and let you get on with all the steps to book the interview etc

I'm just going to do this daily, but wondering if maybe previous days I've already checked could be the case #, but the invoice wasn't attached yet.

(if any of that makes sense)

Ive ad this back today!!! Not very reassuring :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

The Immigrant Visa Unit has no record of having received an approved petition in your name. As soon as the petition is received, which can take up to eight weeks from the date on which the petitioner receives the approval notice, Form I-797, the Immigrant Visa Unit will send you a letter notifying you of your case number and of the steps you are required to take to begin processing your application. In the meantime, you may wish to visit our website at https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/required-documents/ for a list of the documents you are required to furnish on the day of the interview.

exactly what I received...

I was approved on 10 June and you were approved on 20 June.

But both were not sent posted until 23 June - I wonder if that's when it was transferred to the Visa processing unit also?

If so that could mean they've just literally received it and who knows when they'll look at it.

I was assuming if I was approved on the 10th it would have been transferred internally soon thereafter, but perhaps that's not the case.

frustrating - but can only hope they turn it around quickly as historically it seems to happen within a week for London...

Yes! We've received our NOA3 letter today - was approved by consular NVC on 29 June.

But it's using the Julian format without the extra 500, so our actual approval number is LND2016181xxx

So maybe try around the 27th onwards but using 179 instead of 679.

Going to book the medical asap and get the DS260 submitted tonight so that we can get the interview data asap!!!

Timeline updated

Booked medical for 7/7/2016

Submitted DS260 today (02/July/2016)

Interview appointment 18 July @ noon!

Very excited to have this happen so quickly.

Will update later with a bit more info, relieved to get to this stage and now very hopeful Sept move!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.