fitleo

I-130 April 2016 Filers

451 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, DandTO16 said:

334 days.... Still waiting

Have you tried involving your State Representative to inquire about your case? So sorry it's taken so long. I hope you get some good news soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Have you tried involving your State Representative to inquire about your case? So sorry it's taken so long. I hope you get some good news soon.

Yes, I have. They're basically giving him the same story as me and he isn't pushing for a decision. He sent an email Thursday, hopefully hear something soon. Thank you

Timeline
2 hours ago, SabrinaJerome said:

So sorry to hear that. I hope you're doing anything you can to be proactive.

Even if you don't see immediate results, it beats waiting around... :(  I hope you get approved soon.

Thank you, I'm trying, but it becomes disheartening.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

have you made an ombudsman inquiry?  theres a link on the uscis website.   Were you ever transferred?   Has there been any action at all?

04/19/16 PD - NOA1 (Potomac Service Center)

07/13/16 Transferred to National Benefits Center to "speed up" processing

08/06/16 Transferred to Local Field Office (Philadelphia) for Marriage Interview

10/04/16 - Congressional Inquiry

01/05/17 - Ombudsman says will receive Interview letter within 30 Days!

02/01/17 - Marriage Interview

02/02/17 - I-130 Approved!!!  :D

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Brazil2USA2016 said:

have you made an ombudsman inquiry?  theres a link on the uscis website.   Were you ever transferred?   Has there been any action at all?

Yes, I made the request. I've been transfered like 5x!!!! Its crazy. Ombudsman closed case. Office said we were still in back ground checks. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DandTO16 said:

Yes, I made the request. I've been transfered like 5x!!!! Its crazy. Ombudsman closed case. Office said we were still in back ground checks. 

O man, can u reopen a new case?  reopen a new service inquiry?  find another lawmaker to help you?  what service center are you currently at?  is there anything in backgrounds that could have prompted this?   

08/06/16 Transferred to Local Field Office (Philadelphia) for Marriage Interview

Timeline
Just now, Brazil2USA2016 said:

O man, can u reopen a new case?  reopen a new service inquiry?  find another lawmaker to help you?  what service center are you currently at?  is there anything in backgrounds that could have prompted this?   

Nothing in background. I used the only representative in my area. They are strict in helping someone outside their district. I'm gonna call tomorrow. Nothing should take this long with technology. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Brazil2USA2016 said:

We're now at new Orleans local office. Which is closet to my state. Been there since late November/ December

Timeline
Just now, DandTO16 said:

We're now at new Orleans local office. Which is closet to my state. Been there since late November/ December

Are u and the beneficiary/petitioner both in the US?   Because that exactly what happened to us.  We were tranferred to our local office in August awaiting a marriage interview, which happened 6 months later.. we were just approved in February.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Brazil2USA2016 said:

Are u and the beneficiary/petitioner both in the US?   Because that exactly what happened to us.  We were tranferred to our local office in August awaiting a marriage interview, which happened 6 months later.. we were just approved in February.

No, he is not in the states. I keep trying to tell them that. They act confused 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, DandTO16 said:

334 dias ... Ainda à espera

It's sad to hear this, I've waited for almost a year until I've had this dream. OK, I know very well how this wait is agonizing, but everything will work out, try to keep the positive thoughts. Since November we are in contact with the congressman, we also speak with the senator's office, I do not know if this really helps, it does not hurt to try, we always had the same answer, that was on a second check and should wait, we always called, even if it is Little bit, do all you can. Luck and love to all.

event.png

10 hours ago, DandTO16 said:

Yes, I have. They're basically giving him the same story as me and he isn't pushing for a decision. He sent an email Thursday, hopefully hear something soon. Thank you

You're welcomed @DandTO16 . I hope you hear something soon. I really wonder what the heck they are doing and why so many have be delayed this long. That is extremely long. USCIS is terrible. I had my state senator help me. My congressman in my region was of no help and didn't even respond to me. Both senators responded but I went with the one who responded first. Thank goodness I did as his office was extremely helpful. I understand it's easier said than done, but keep your chin up, you will be approved soon. I recommend once you get your petition approved that you request an expedite at NVC. It will not get you through faster at NVC but it will put you ahead of the line at the time of your interview if your embassy accepts the expedite request. It's worth a shot. :)  

2 hours ago, Rafael G said:

It's sad to hear this, I've waited for almost a year until I've had this dream. OK, I know very well how this wait is agonizing, but everything will work out, try to keep the positive thoughts. Since November we are in contact with the congressman, we also speak with the senator's office, I do not know if this really helps, it does not hurt to try, we always had the same answer, that was on a second check and should wait, we always called, even if it is Little bit, do all you can. Luck and love to all.

Congratulations @Rafael G on your approval. I hope for a very speedy process at NVC for you. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

your

13 hours ago, Rafael G said:

Thank you

Timeline

You're welcomed @DandTO16 . I hope you hear something soon. I really wonder what the heck they are doing and why so many have be delayed this long. That is extremely long. USCIS is terrible. I had my state senator help me. My congressman in my region was of no help and didn't even respond to me. Both senators responded but I went with the one who responded first. Thank goodness I did as his office was extremely helpful. I understand it's easier said than done, but keep your chin up, you will be approved soon. I recommend once you get your petition approved that you request an expedite at NVC. It will not get you through faster at NVC but it will put you ahead of the line at the time of your interview if your embassy accepts the expedite request. It's worth a shot. :)  

Congratulations @Rafael G on your approval. I hope for a very speedy process at NVC for you. 

Thank you, I will try senator

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Você é bem-vindo @ DandTO16  . Espero que você ouça algo em breve. Eu realmente me pergunto o que diabos eles estão fazendo e por que tantos têm sido adiada por muito tempo. Isso é extremamente longo. USCIS é terrível. Eu tinha meu senador estadual me ajudar. Meu congressista na minha região não ajudou e nem me respondeu. Ambos os senadores responderam, mas fui com o que respondeu primeiro. Obrigado bondade ENTENDI como seu escritório foi extremamente atenciosa. Eu entendo que é mais fácil dizer do que fazer, mas manter o queixo para cima, você será aprovado em breve. Eu recomendo uma vez que você começa seu pedido aprovado que você pede um expedite em NVC . Ele não vai fazer você passar mais rápido no NVC, mas ele vai colocá-lo à frente da linha no momento da sua entrevista, se a sua embaixada aceita o pedido acelerar. Isto':)  

Parabéns @Rafael G  em sua aprovação . Espero por um processo muito rápido no NVC para você. 

Hello, make an Expedite? With what justification? I was almost a year from USCIS, is it possible that an Expedite is delayed?

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.