featherB

My interview this morning

23 posts in this topic

Congratulations :thumbs: This is a great post and I am sure the people coming behind you will greatly appreciate your attention to detail. I remember when Claudeth was getting ready for the interview we tried to pick everyones brain about what went on and what was asked.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

:blush: Oh my god... I've only just realised just how long that post of mine was - maybe the VJ community could have done without *quite* so much detail on the subject of my breakfast ('tho I wanted to get across that I didn't even have to wait around long enough to eat half a croissant, let alone to need to get my book out - I'm still amazed at how quick it was, the whole thing really did pass in a blur!), but having felt pretty calm about the interview until the last few days, then suddenly feeling really nervous, I started reading all the reviews - so thought someone else having a bit of a panic might feel better if they could hear exactly what happened!

Thank you all for the congrats - it feels like such a relief, and I was skipping around the house earlier when I should have been having a pre-night-shift nap. Which reminds me: oops, I've managed to make it sound like I work somewhere dead exciting & glamourous - nope, I work for the BBC (World Service News) & much as I've liked working here, all I can think right now is 'when do I get to leave???' - so it was kind of hard to share the consular officers' enthusiasm! :lol:

Oh yeah - I forget who it was who said upthread that the 'approved' stamp on the paperwork must mean you're already approved before the interview - but anyway, nope, that stamp was on the I-129F (I could see everything we sent with our petition all clipped together on the desk) - it was strangely cheering to see the actual evidence of someone at CSC having worked on our file when it felt like the NOA2 would surely never come! :lol:

Right, got to go and do some work... I have *so* much VJ-catching-up to do, and I owe soooo many people on here messages right now - I am rubbish, but they are coming, honest!

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Congratulations an celebrations. Happy to know th relief you must be feeling.

04-17-2007 Married using K1 Vusa
04-27-07 Filed for AOS, EAD, AP.
06-28-07 Green card arrived in mail

April 2009 Filed for removal of conditions.
May 09 2007 Biometrics
Aug 31st Congratulations letter, no interview needed
Sept 21st 2009. New green card with conditions removed arrived.

N400 Status
07/26/10 N400 mailed via UPS. Three year rule
08/03/10. Check cashed.
08/06/10 NOA letter received, but "Request for evidence" showing on the status website.
08/08/10 NOA #2. Biometrics appointment letter. Scheduled for 08/31/10
08/09/10 Biometrics completed. Walk in.
11/01/10 Touched. Transferred to local (Tampa) office
12/06/10 Interview . Passed
01/11/11 Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Congratulations, great to see another one make it so easily.

So much stress beforehand for a simple process in London.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Am so please for you

xchloe

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.