7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

If you get one, what happens to your application? I will be filing in Vermont. Will it slow it down a lot, or just until they send it out, receive the needed information, and finish processing the application.

I am worried about the letter of intent. I want to mail out the I-129f package tomorrow when I receive my fiancé's G-325a's revised forms, and I don't want to wait another ten days to get the revised letter of intent stating we are getting married within 90 days. I wrote on my letter of intent we will be.

Should I be concerned and how long of a wait will I have?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Why do you think you will get an RFE?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Well, have her write another one stating that her intent is to marry within the 90 days and have her send it to you just in case. If you should get an RFE, then you are prepared to send it back to VSC .The sooner you reply to an RFE, the less you will have to wait.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Well, have her write another one stating that her intent is to marry within the 90 days and have her send it to you just in case. If you should get an RFE, then you are prepared to send it back to VSC .The sooner you reply to an RFE, the less you will have to wait.

Will it be a long wait if I get an RFE?

Timeline

What do you consider a long wait? I would think no more than a month, maybe less because you filed at VSC. Relalx, you are not even certain at this point that you will receive an RFE. Nonetheless, just be prepared in advance like I said. (F)

kodasmall3.jpg

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Application Procedures: Bringing a Fiancé(e) to Live in the United States

Only a U.S. citizen may file USCIS Form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)) on behalf of a fiancé(e).

1. The U.S. citizen filing the petition must provide the following items to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (more complete instructions are on USCIS Form I-129F):
  2. Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) (if your fiancé(e) has unmarried children who are under 21, they are eligible to accompany your fiancé(e), but only if they are listed on this form.)
  3. Evidence of your U.S. citizenship - your original U.S. birth certificate, your U.S. passport, your Certificate of Naturalization, or your Certificate of Citizenship. (Please see USCIS Form I-129F for information on the use of copies.)
  4. 2 Form G-325A Biographic Data Sheets (one for you and one for your fiancé(e))
  5. One color photo of you and one of your fiancé(e) taken within 30 days of filing (please see Form I-129F for more instructions on photos).
  6. A copy of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees if either you or your fiancé(e) have been previously married.
  7. Proof of permission to marry if you or your fiancé(e) are subject to any age restrictions. (For instance, in some U.S. states, you must receive special permission to marry if you are under the age of 16.)

Nothing about letter of intent, ya?

I almost did not send the letter of intent because I only read USCIS and Department of State's webbies at first. But when I read the guides on VJ, my fiance and I quickly made the letters cuz we thought it would not hurt to send them anyways. Just wanna tell you not to worry so much :)VSC has been known as an easy Service Centre. I submitted way less of proofs of relationship than you (no boarding passes, no hotel receipts, no phone bills - we threw em all..haha..did not know they would be necessary) but still got approved! :D Wishing you all the best!

TIMELINE :

Nov 16th, 2006 Sent I-129F to VSC - overnighted

Nov 20th, 2006 NOA1

Dec 4th, 2006 NOA2 !!!!! Dang...that was fast.. thank you GOD....

Dec 12th, 2006 E-mail from NVC : Petition forwarded to US Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia

Dec 14th, 2006 E-mail from US Embassy in Jakarta : Packet 3

Jan 08th, 2007 Medical exam! --- Done! Dunno the result tho......... =/

Feb 06th, 2007 Sent packet 3 back to the Embassy with DHL!!!

Feb 15th, 2007 Packet 4 (By phone...)

Feb 22nd, 2007 Interview date!! - VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Apr 15th, 2007 POE : Detroit

May 04th, 2007 Barefoot wedding at Hutchinson Island, FL

May 09th, 2007 Applied for SSN

May 18th, 2007 SSN Received

June 9th, 2007 AOS + EAD paperwork sent

June 15th, 2007 NOA1 for AOS and EAD

June 18th, 2007 CHECKS CASHED (for both AOS and EAD)

July 10th, 2007 Biometrics Appt.

Aug 02nd, 2007 AOS transferred to CSC

Aug 22nd, 2007 EAD card production ordered!

Aug 29th, 2007 Greencard production ordered!!

Aug 31st, 2007 EAD card received

Sept 7th, 2007 2 Year Greencard received

June 24, 2009 I-751 sent (Priority Mail)

June 29, 2009 NOA 1

July 31, 2009 Biometrics

Oct 30, 2009 Card production ordered!!!

Nov 06, 2009 10 Year Greencard received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.