Kimberlynrowe

no NOA2 yet (priority date nov28 2014)

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you read my post correctly it says UP TO 5 yrs. The key words there in my post are "UP TO" It could be 1 yr, 2yrs, 3yrs etc. Whenever her F2A category becomes available. Anyone that's a LPR and applying for their spouse they would have to be in the mindset that it could take up to that time frame (5yrs). I am a US citizen and I know that from start to finish this whole process for my category could take up to a year or more to complete. This whole journey is based on an estimate. Nothing is ever exact when dealing with USCIS.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is a wrong statement! Forums are for sharing the truths and experiences not throwing out some random and nonsense responses.

If you read my post correctly it says UP TO 5 yrs. The key words there in my post are "UP TO" It could be 1 yr, 2yrs, 3yrs etc. Whenever her F2A category becomes available. Anyone that's a LPR and applying for their spouse they would have to be in the mindset that it could take up to that time frame (5yrs). I am a US citizen and I know that from start to finish this whole process for my category could take up to a year or more to complete. This whole journey is based on an estimate. Nothing is ever exact when dealing with USCIS.

This is a wrong statement! Forums are for sharing the truths and experiences not throwing out some random and nonsense responses.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Please Attach a post from a ligitimate site showing that statement is wrong.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Kimberly,

to approve an application within USCIS may take a few weeks to 18 months, depend on processing service center, in my case my mother's petition which was at that time IR5 no waiting for visa, because she is an immediate relative and i am US Citizen took almost 18 months from filing to having interview which is too long for an IR, when my mother got her green card she filed for my brother (F2A) and it took 10 months to approve his petition and 18 months from date she filed for him to the interview date, remember F2A has to wait for visa to be available. now back to your case, you should contact USCIS to determine the cause why your case is still hanging, same thing happened with my mother (they lost her files), ask to speak to a Tier 2 supervisor, if supervisor no help call again and ask for another Tier 2, I've done that many times, until i found one supervisor that he helped me and did his job correctly.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This is actually not normal. If you are stating a correct priority date of November 28, 2014 then you should have received a decision by this time (NOA2).

USCIS normally takes 5months to come up with a decision on a petition. I will contact USCIS immediately if this is my case. Again, I am assuming you mentioned the correct date which is November 28, 2014.

mnIDad is right. it is not normal. It should have been decided by USCIS way back. my brother's priority date is Sept. 2015 and its already approved. You should check the processing time of the service centre where your petition is being processed. You are so close to becoming your priority date current.

Edited by kausar

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

mnIDad is right. it is not normal. It should have been decided by USCIS way back. my brother's priority date is Sept. 2015 and its already approved. You should check the processing time of the service centre where your petition is being processed. You are so close to becoming your priority date current.

how much time uscis took to approve your brothers petition ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.