oguzksk

n400 experience 5 year rule. Divorce b4 10 year GC.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Went to interview today and I just want to share my experience with you guys. She called me around 845am. Memphis TN.

She went to documents with me. Asked where I live now and before and asked what do I do. I needed her to update the system.

The test was nice. I do not remember questions but I was arrested for petty larceny and reduced to disorderly conduct.

She said why I have not mentioned disorderly conduct and I said, I was arrested once and it was reduced to disorderly conduct. She said okay..

The most things I was worried, I did not work that much between 2010 and 2014. Only worked 10 months and now I have my own business. She asked Nothing about that

I was also worried about my previous marriage and she again did not even asked about that.

So it was a decent pleasure for me.

I have passed and it is all good now.

If you have any questions, let me know.

I try to help you guys as well.

Good Luck.

Most people get their case approved.

My case was harder than most of you guys.

I have practiced at home talking to walls and charis, what if she asked Why are you divorce after 8 months once GC issued. But she did not.

Now, When should be the oath date? She said between 3 to 6 months however, I do not thing it is going to take that long.

Timeline

No they did not asked for it. Plus, I was so scared that she is gonna ask for my employment. It is because she was going thru all her paper work. Name, Marriage addresses etc. etc. And when she saw my employment paper which was horrible so many gaps I even do not remember when and how I have worked she just flipped over.

So if you want to you can take with you. However, if you dont have it is not question.

Info: I have done it with divorce 5 year rule. So, I dont know if you need to bring it for 3 year rule.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the US Citizenship main forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Thanks

I am divorce also. applying under 5 year rule

You will be fine. Just make sure if they ask why you are divorced.

I am still waiting the oath letter.

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 4/5/2016 at 9:09 AM, oguzksk said:

Went to interview today and I just want to share my experience with you guys. She called me around 845am. Memphis TN.

She went to documents with me. Asked where I live now and before and asked what do I do. I needed her to update the system.

The test was nice. I do not remember questions but I was arrested for petty larceny and reduced to disorderly conduct.

She said why I have not mentioned disorderly conduct and I said, I was arrested once and it was reduced to disorderly conduct. She said okay..

The most things I was worried, I did not work that much between 2010 and 2014. Only worked 10 months and now I have my own business. She asked Nothing about that

I was also worried about my previous marriage and she again did not even asked about that.

So it was a decent pleasure for me.

I have passed and it is all good now.

If you have any questions, let me know.

I try to help you guys as well.

Good Luck.

Most people get their case approved.

My case was harder than most of you guys.

I have practiced at home talking to walls and charis, what if she asked Why are you divorce after 8 months once GC issued. But she did not.

Now, When should be the oath date? She said between 3 to 6 months however, I do not thing it is going to take that long.

I'm in the same boat as you. Got my 10 year GC through marriage to a USC. Divorced after 4 years of marriage and now applying for n-400 based on 5 year rule. Will my previous marriage be brought up during interview or will I have provide proof of previous marriage? 

• 10 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.