fatherofthree

221g regarding addition of AKA in NBI clearance

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any update on this? Also got 221g because of NBI AKA. I sent the new nbi clearance the same day and USEM got it the following day. CEAC status still at AP but the status updated date changed to april 7 which is 2 days after my interview.

The date on CEAC will change every time someone opens your case file, even if the status does not change. What for your status to change to READY, then shortly after it normally changes to ISSUED.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You may see it updated with new dates each and every time someone "touches" your record and the is normal also normal for it to say AP. Soon it will change to ISSUED.

The date on CEAC will change every time someone opens your case file, even if the status does not change. What for your status to change to READY, then shortly after it normally changes to ISSUED.

Thanks guys. Hopefully this happens this week. Do you have any idea how long this usually takes? The consul actually said everything looks good except for the NBI clearance and that's the only thing they need. They also already have my passport. I just had my delivery address updated yesterday in ustraveldocs as well.

Ecclesiastes 3:1

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.

USCIS

Sep. 09, 2014 - I130 Package sent

Oct. 03, 2014 - NOA1 - Priority Date

Feb. 25, 2015 - NOA2 - Petition Approved (Checked via USCIS website)

Mar. 03, 2015 - NOA2 Hard-copy received

NVC

Aug. 08, 2015 - Welcome Letter

Aug. 08, 2015 - AOS Invoiced and paid (120$)

Aug. 09, 2015 - AOS Fee Status 'In Progress'

Aug. 12, 2015 - AOS Fee Status 'Paid'

Aug. 29, 2015 - IV Invoiced and paid (325$)

Sep. 04, 2015 - Sent IV and AOS Docs

Sep. 05, 2015 - Completed DS-260

Sep. 09, 2015 - NVC received AOS/IV package

Oct. 09, 2015 - Case complete with no checklist

Feb. 25, 2016 - Interview date scheduled

Mar. 08, 2016 - CEAC 'Ready'

Mar. 09, 2016 - SLEC Medical Day 1

Mar. 10, 2016 - SLEC Medical Day 2 Completed

U.S EMBASSY MANILA

Apr. 05, 2016 - Interview date - 221g because of missing NBI AKA

Apr. 05, 2016 - Got new NBI clearance with AKA and sent to USEM via 2go

Apr. 06, 2016 - USEM received NBI clearance

Apr. 07, 2016 - CEAC status touched but still AP.

Apr. 14, 2016 - Emailed USEM asking for update

Apr. 15, 2016 - USEM replied and acknowledge receipt of NBI clearance on Apr. 07.

Apr. 15, 2016 - CEAC status touched but still AP.

Apr. 22, 2016 - CEAC Updated to ISSUED at 02:00PM Manila Time

Timeline

Thanks guys. Hopefully this happens this week. Do you have any idea how long this usually takes? The consul actually said everything looks good except for the NBI clearance and that's the only thing they need. They also already have my passport. I just had my delivery address updated yesterday in ustraveldocs as well.

No one knows how long ~

Just be patient.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 11 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I have been reading this posts, and it seems like I have the same situation. My mom got 221g for NBI A.K.A. My question is: should my mom apply for a new NBI clearance for the incorrect spelled name? Or use the correct name and filled in the AKA for the mispelled name?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
On 4/5/2016 at 9:06 AM, Hank_ said:

Did you read the embassy instructions letter? It states very clearly an AKA is needed for ALL names used.

POLICE REPORT: Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name and any aliases or nicknames used, including different spellings you have used of those names. An official letter of explanation from the NBI is required for any notation of “No criminal record” or "No pending case”. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is valid for one (1) year from the date it was issued. The NBI website is http://www.nbi.gov.ph.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/Instructions%20Packets/iv-interview-preparation-instructions-english-feb-2016.pdf

How to deliver the new NBI - Don't need an address. Print out a copy of the email from the embassy, take that to NBI, request the updated NBI, once that is completed NBI will forward the new NBI to the embassy.

Hank,

I know this is old thread so hope it wont affect you with my question here he he. Okay, my wife was married to someone before so what I'm seeing here on her NBI Clearance there that is none other name used of the previous marriage except her maiden ( single ) and my surname her current marriage. Any thought? Thanks!

Timeline
33 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

Hank,

I know this is old thread so hope it wont affect you with my question here he he. Okay, my wife was married to someone before so what I'm seeing here on her NBI Clearance there that is none other name used of the previous marriage except her maiden ( single ) and my surname her current marriage. Any thought? Thanks!

Need an AKA for ALL names used.  The previous married name needs to be included in the NBI

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

16 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Need an AKA for ALL names used.  The previous married name needs to be included in the NBI

Really?! I'm so shocked. Ok ok I better face the reality with NBI. Its time. because,,,, my wife is married to me, clean record, nothing I can see on NBI paper here regards her previous marriage been used. I have CRS 5 advisory of marriage shows my marriage and the other one with null & void to her previous marriage so looks like NBI knows nothing in record that I need to show them that? Wow wow full of XXXX!

Timeline

Yup ... really.    (there is that statement... NBI valid for 1 year ..  yet I read reports from those completing their interviews being required to get a new NBI as the other is over 6 months.    go figure ...  :lol:  )

POLICE REPORT. Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Philippine police (NBI) clearance from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is valid for one year from the date of issuance.

• Please note that an NBI Clearance with an AKA is also required. Police clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name, married name, and any aliases or nicknames ever used, including different spellings of all names that may have appeared on other civil documents (e.g., birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.), even if these names or spellings have never been routinely used. Please refer to the NBI website http://www.nbi.gov.ph for additional information. You may request NBI to directly submit your NBI clearance to the US Embassy (recommended) here: https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

57 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Yup ... really.    (there is that statement... NBI valid for 1 year ..  yet I read reports from those completing their interviews being required to get a new NBI as the other is over 6 months.    go figure ...  :lol:  )

POLICE REPORT. Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Philippine police (NBI) clearance from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is valid for one year from the date of issuance.

• Please note that an NBI Clearance with an AKA is also required. Police clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name, married name, and any aliases or nicknames ever used, including different spellings of all names that may have appeared on other civil documents (e.g., birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.), even if these names or spellings have never been routinely used. Please refer to the NBI website http://www.nbi.gov.ph for additional information. You may request NBI to directly submit your NBI clearance to the US Embassy (recommended) here: https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/.

Any chance if there is a sample of AKA NBI Clearance to share? so I could look up to get an idea & compare when I go tomorrow to the police station then to NBI fix the problem. Thanks Hank!

Timeline
34 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

Any chance if there is a sample of AKA NBI Clearance to share? so I could look up to get an idea & compare when I go tomorrow to the police station then to NBI fix the problem. Thanks Hank!

Police station?

Nope don't have a copy of the form you complete.

Bring a copy of the instruction letter to NBI explain you need an AKA for your maiden, married and PAST married name.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just now, Hank_ said:

Police station?

Nope don't have a copy of the form you complete.

Bring a copy of the instruction letter to NBI explain you need an AKA for your maiden, married and PAST married name.

Since the police certificate is expired so we can just get a new one then go to NBI getting another one with blue colored, multi purpose to add AKA. Not a problem so I'm overwhelmed with many things going on with my mind :rolleyes: Thank you Hank!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

Since the police certificate is expired so we can just get a new one then go to NBI getting another one with blue colored, multi purpose to add AKA. Not a problem so I'm overwhelmed with many things going on with my mind :rolleyes: Thank you Hank!

You don't need a local police certificate.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.