darkhorse

Question 11 on I-129F

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We were starting to fill out the form yesterday when we noticed that in Q11 they ask if "you have ever filed for this or any other fiance or husband/wife before?" you need to give the name, place, date and A# and result.

Now is our problem that My fiance DID file for his ex-wife in 2000, but he doesn't have the paperwork cauese she has it.

What can we do? Is there a way to find that info?

4ce772a081.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Does he still communicate with his ex? Can he get the info?

If it's immpossible he could ty to just fill in her name and make an additional note describing that he doesn't have the requested info. Of course, I'm not a lawyer, so you should probably wait for a response from someone who can answer or consult a lawyer.

I would try to contact the ex, though. Iy seems like the eassiest solution.

Ryan

3/12/2007 Sent I-129F

3/16/2007 NOA1

6/04/2007 Touched!!!!!

6/05/2007 Touched

6/??/2007 NOA2 - Date unknown due to CSC incompetence

6/14/2007 I-129 received by NVC

6/18/2007 I-129 sent to Japan

6/23/2007 Packet 3 received

6/29/2007 Touched??? (At CSC where it left 3 weeks ago)

6/30/2007 Touched again!?!

7/14/2007 Finally received NOA2 Hard copy

8/20/2007 Interview Date

8/22/2007 Receives K-1

10/08/2007 Arrival in the US

12/08/2007 Wedding

3/07/2008 Filed AOS

3/26/2008 Biometrics

5/15/2008 Received EAD

5/26/2008 Received SSN

6/04/2008 Green Card!!!

I think the files don't matter anymore. Once he mention that he ever filed for someone else, if the USCIS or the NVC...or whomever is supposed to investigate such thing, think it is necessary to find his previous files, they could just search for them in their system. I dunno if they would do that though....

Can anyone else give their opinions, please?

TIMELINE :

Nov 16th, 2006 Sent I-129F to VSC - overnighted

Nov 20th, 2006 NOA1

Dec 4th, 2006 NOA2 !!!!! Dang...that was fast.. thank you GOD....

Dec 12th, 2006 E-mail from NVC : Petition forwarded to US Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia

Dec 14th, 2006 E-mail from US Embassy in Jakarta : Packet 3

Jan 08th, 2007 Medical exam! --- Done! Dunno the result tho......... =/

Feb 06th, 2007 Sent packet 3 back to the Embassy with DHL!!!

Feb 15th, 2007 Packet 4 (By phone...)

Feb 22nd, 2007 Interview date!! - VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Apr 15th, 2007 POE : Detroit

May 04th, 2007 Barefoot wedding at Hutchinson Island, FL

May 09th, 2007 Applied for SSN

May 18th, 2007 SSN Received

June 9th, 2007 AOS + EAD paperwork sent

June 15th, 2007 NOA1 for AOS and EAD

June 18th, 2007 CHECKS CASHED (for both AOS and EAD)

July 10th, 2007 Biometrics Appt.

Aug 02nd, 2007 AOS transferred to CSC

Aug 22nd, 2007 EAD card production ordered!

Aug 29th, 2007 Greencard production ordered!!

Aug 31st, 2007 EAD card received

Sept 7th, 2007 2 Year Greencard received

June 24, 2009 I-751 sent (Priority Mail)

June 29, 2009 NOA 1

July 31, 2009 Biometrics

Oct 30, 2009 Card production ordered!!!

Nov 06, 2009 10 Year Greencard received

We were starting to fill out the form yesterday when we noticed that in Q11 they ask if "you have ever filed for this or any other fiance or husband/wife before?" you need to give the name, place, date and A# and result.

Now is our problem that My fiance DID file for his ex-wife in 2000, but he doesn't have the paperwork cauese she has it.

Its ok just to put the approximate date, month/year of the filing, her name and place where the service center is, and just wether the previous petition was approved. You didn't specify wether he filed a K-3 or K-1 before, but if his

ex-wife is still in the U.S. she should know her A#. But in any case they have the info on record so if you don't have the A# don't worry about it, or you can state the circumstance and that you don't have this info on an attached sheet

( signed and dated ).

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Its ok just to put the approximate date, month/year of the filing, her name and place where the service center is, and just wether the previous petition was approved. You didn't specify wether he filed a K-3 or K-1 before, but if his

ex-wife is still in the U.S. she should know her A#. But in any case they have the info on record so if you don't have the A# don't worry about it, or you can state the circumstance and that you don't have this info on an attached sheet

( signed and dated ).

His ex is not in the US. She is in Italy now.

What exactly is that A#?

4ce772a081.png

( signed and dated ).

His ex is not in the US. She is in Italy now.

What exactly is that A#?

The A# is called Alien Registration Number, the U.S. assigns it and it is used to get the Green Card and up to Citizenship.

Since she is in Italy she probably didn't care to keep this information. Don't worry I think mainly what USCIS wants to know is how many times he has filed before.

Good Luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: Timeline

darkhorse,

Answer the questions to the best of your ability. If the truth of the matter is 'unknown' or 'I forget', then that's an acceptable answer.

Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.