5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

Regarding I-765 on (eligibility).

I came to the US as a fiance of an American citizen on a K-1. I was her fiance when i came in and a month later we got married. I still have 2 months to go for the expiration of my 90 day staying period. I also have my ssn.

I'm almost sure my eligibility code in the I-765 form should be © (9). can anyone please verify this for me ??

I'm filing for adjustment of status, employment document and rentry (I-131)

I have also seen some samples of I-765 forms where the eligibility shows as © (9) (p), is there anything i have to write on that third place where the (p) shows ??

*****************************************************************************************

Regarding G-235a (Petitioner).

We filled this form before I came to the US when filing for my K-1, because my (at the time fiance) was the one filing the K-1 in the US she was (The Petitioner).

Now (I AM ) in the US getting this ready to send my I-485 package.

Should she still be (The Petitioner) on her G-235a because she was the ORIGINAL PETITIONER when I was in my country ????

Or should I be the Petitioner because I'm the one filing for my I-485 for adjustament status ???

Is two G-235a forms we have to send so what do you think should appear as petitioner on hers and mine ??

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Regarding I-864 (household).

Counting the households, I am the principal immigrant that she would be sponsoring so thats one person,

but at the same time she's also married to me, which should be accounted for in the (persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit).

So should I account myself as also her spouse on the (persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit) or just leave it blank and account only me as the principal immigrant. ??

********************************************************************************************

Regarding (I-131),

I have no plans to make a trip any time soon, so I have no departure or return date or any itinerary for any trip, but I do want to have the ability to travel if I want to travel at any time in the future.

What should i write down on this form regarindg so or can I only apply for and I-131 if I'm going to travel ???

I don't want to pay extra for filing a separate (I-131).

*********************************************************************************************************

Lastly,

We leave together in technically her house, so in ALL FIELDS that are titled (In care Of) in all forms,

do I write her name ??

We are not changin names so she will still have her maiden name.

Thank you all very much.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Fam.-based AOS Forum~

~Inquiry about AOS associated processes, past K1~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hi everyone,

Regarding I-765 on (eligibility).

I came to the US as a fiance of an American citizen on a K-1. I was her fiance when i came in and a month later we got married. I still have 2 months to go for the expiration of my 90 day staying period. I also have my ssn.

I'm almost sure my eligibility code in the I-765 form should be © (9). can anyone please verify this for me ?? This is correct.

I'm filing for adjustment of status, employment document and rentry (I-131)

I have also seen some samples of I-765 forms where the eligibility shows as © (9) (p), is there anything i have to write on that third place where the (p) shows ?? No, it should just be C9.

*****************************************************************************************

Regarding G-235a (Petitioner).

We filled this form before I came to the US when filing for my K-1, because my (at the time fiance) was the one filing the K-1 in the US she was (The Petitioner).

Now (I AM ) in the US getting this ready to send my I-485 package.

Should she still be (The Petitioner) on her G-235a because she was the ORIGINAL PETITIONER when I was in my country ????

Or should I be the Petitioner because I'm the one filing for my I-485 for adjustament status ??? Because you are the one that is applying, you are the petitioner, and you should be the one who fills out the form with your information. You are petitioning for your own green card and not your wife. You only need to send in ONE G325A, and that form should be with YOUR biographical information.

Is two G-235a forms we have to send so what do you think should appear as petitioner on hers and mine ??

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Regarding I-864 (household).

Counting the households, I am the principal immigrant that she would be sponsoring so thats one person,

but at the same time she's also married to me, which should be accounted for in the (persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit).

So should I account myself as also her spouse on the (persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit) or just leave it blank and account only me as the principal immigrant. ?? Since you are already counted as the principal immigrant, you do not count yourself again as her spouse. On the USCIS instructions: "In some cases the same person could fit into two categories. For example, your spouse, whom you would enter in Item Number 3., might also be a lawful permanent resident for whom you have already sponsored using Form I-864 (Item Number 6.). If you included your spouse on Item Number 3., do not include him or her again on Item Number 6."

********************************************************************************************

Regarding (I-131),

I have no plans to make a trip any time soon, so I have no departure or return date or any itinerary for any trip, but I do want to have the ability to travel if I want to travel at any time in the future.

What should i write down on this form regarindg so or can I only apply for and I-131 if I'm going to travel ???

I don't want to pay extra for filing a separate (I-131). It's a good idea to file the I-131 in case you want to travel. You do NOT need to write an explanation for why you are traveling, as your AOS application is sufficient evidence. As for your travel date, just estimate a date a few months into the future or the earliest you plan to travel. It doesn't matter, just make it far enough out that your AP application would get approved before the travel occurs.

*********************************************************************************************************

Lastly,

We leave together in technically her house, so in ALL FIELDS that are titled (In care Of) in all forms,

do I write her name ??

We are not changin names so she will still have her maiden name. You should put her name in the "In Care Of" field, but I don't think it matters that much. Since my husband is not on my apartment lease, I put my name in the "in care of field" and they just put his name and my name on the envelope.

Thank you all very much.

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
☑I-129F Sent : 03-10-15
☑NOA1 : 03-20-15
☑NOA2 : 04-07-15
☑Received NOA2 hardcopy: 04-11-15
NVC received: 04-24-15
NVC Assigns Case #: 04-27-15
☑Case sent to embassy: 05-04-15
☑Embassy Packet 3 sent: 05-19-15
☑Medical: 07-03-15 and 09-07-15 (did two medicals to ensure fiance had enough time to get to U.S.)
☑Interview: 07-30-15
☑Visa Issued: 09-22-15!!!! [:thumbs:]

K1 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!
--------------------------------------------------------

POE TO GREEN CARD

Fiance arrived in USA (POE @ Boston Logan)!!!: 01-31-2016 :D
Court Marriage: 02-04-16
Sent AOS, EAD, AP Packet: 02-25-16 :dance:

Packet Delivered via USPS Priority & Certified: 02-27-16

Check cashed by USCIS: 03-03-16

NOA1's by text (x3): 03-03-16

NOA1 Hardcopies via Mail (x3): 03-07-16

Biometric Appt. Letter Received: 03-18-16 (scheduled for 03/31/16, Raleigh, NC)

Biometrics Appointment: 03-31-16; Raleigh, NC

☑"My Interview is Scheduled" Status Change: 04-12-16

Received hardcopy of Interview Notice: 04-16-16

EAD/AP Approval by Email: 04-26-16

I797 Approval Notice for EAD and AP: 04-30-16

Green Card Interview: 05-18-16; (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) :D

I797 Approval Notice for Green Card: 05-23-16

Conditional Green Card Received!: 05-26-16 :dancing:

GC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

ROC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

"120 days out" letter: 01-24-18 ☑ Submitted ROC: 03-10-18 ☑ Package delivered: 03-14-18 ☑ Waived Biometrics: 05-08-18 ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 05-07-19 (automatic approval!) Card Received:

N400 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

Filing Date: 03/16/2019 NOA1: 03/16/2019 Biometrics Walk-In: 03/28/19 (originally scheduled for 04/08/19) ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 04/18/19 (automatic approval!) Oath Ceremony: 07/17/19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I-765 > Eligibility is (c )(9 ), which if you look in the instructions = adjustment applicant. Have a look at the example forms here on VJ too.

G-325A > Only the adjustment applicant needs to submit a G-325A with their I-485 form.

I-864 > You are only counted as the immigrant, the person being sponsored. You would not be counted again under persons NOT being sponsored, as you are indeed the one being sponsored.

I-131 > As with the I-765, the fee is waived when filed with a pending I-485, so go ahead and file it even without having current travel plans. No reason or explanation needed. You can leave the date and length of travel blank and write in Unknown for those after printing out the form.

As for the address > You can use 'In care of', or if you are planning to live there together as a married couple, inform the post office of the new resident and put both names on your mailbox so the mail person knows that someone with that name also receives mail there.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.