ChimmeyChanka

How to contact Vancouver US Embassy

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is there any contact details on the letter they sent you.

Also is there anyway you can get ds-160 done today and submitted, and then send the checklist with ds-160 number off today?

The checklist is just checking off that you will have those items for the interview. So this will still give you time to gather if you don't pick an interview date that's soonish.

AOS from K1

4/20/16: Package delivered

4/27/16: NOA1

5/23/16: Biometrics

6/3/16: Ready for interview status on I-485

7/5/16: SR1 filed (over 75 days)

7/26/16: SR2 filed (over 90 days) - 96 days

Timeline

Glad you're getting answers now :)

I'd just respond with your checklist back to them, you don't need to have everything on it when you send it back. It just means that you'll bring it all with you to your interview. It can take up to a week(at least from the Montreal one) to hear anything back via email. I looked online, try to contact them at 604-685-4311 as well. I have NO clue if the phone number will actually work, but it's from their website.

As long progress is being made on your petition I don't think they'd discard it.

Met 2008. Moved in together 2010. Married 2015. Baby Z joined us 2017 . :wub:

AOS Timeline 350 days

May 31/15 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP to USCIS

June 4/15 - Email and text notifications they were recieved

June 10/15 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP Dated June 1

June 17/15- Change of address confirmation

June 22/15- Biometrics appointment received

July 1/15- Biometrics appointment done(5 minute appointment, 8 hour round trip drive <_< )

August 5/15 - Change of address submitted for new location

August 8/15 - Mobile/E-mail notifications for approved EAD/AP :)

August 17/15 - Change of address confirmation after calling in

August 17/15 - EAD/AP Combo card mailed out(To the wrong address, and then lost by USPS)

September 3/15 - Contacted USCIS and was told to re-apply with a new application and fees?! Put in a service request online for lost card, and a complaint

September 8/15 - USPS found & returned card to USCIS

September 15/15 - Ombudsman contacted USCIS

September 17/15 - Card mailed back out

September 19/15 - EAD/AP Combo card finally in hand

September 22/15 - NPIW letter received, dated September 9/2015 estimated 6 month wait

October 13-21/15 - Traveled using AP to visit parents & ship the rest of our belongings out west

November 27-30/15 - Traveled using AP

December 28/15- RFE hard copy, waiting on documents from Canada

January 31-February 7/16 - Traveled using AP

February 10/16 - Sent in RFE, delivered Feb 16

April 16/16 - Service request filed, RFE was never updated online

May 12 - Approved email and status update dated May 10. Service request never was assigned or solved, though.

May 14 - Greencard in hand!

Timeline

I'm not sure but for most people they've been getting packet 4 in order to schedule interview, fairly quickly.

The other option is to contact using the contact details on the letter which if you email will likely give you the below autoreply. So i would format the subject of the email like one of the below, it says they only answer emails with subjects formatted like below.

"If you have received confirmation of your K petition (I-129F) approval from the National Visa Center and have additional questions, please resend your inquiry with REQUEST FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION in the subject line.

For an active K non-immigrant visa application currently pending at the U.S. Consulate Vancouver, please send an email to VancouverK@state.gov with your case number and subject line as follows: FOLLOW-UP INQUIRY [Case Number]. "

AOS from K1

4/20/16: Package delivered

4/27/16: NOA1

5/23/16: Biometrics

6/3/16: Ready for interview status on I-485

7/5/16: SR1 filed (over 75 days)

7/26/16: SR2 filed (over 90 days) - 96 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for all the help. That's the number I tried, and it just says they're closed on holidays and to enter and extension if I know one or check their website for info. I really don't want this to be dropped.

I did try to email like that. No matter how I formatted the subject line, they just sent the same response over and over. That's when i got frustrated and tried calling instead.

Vancouver is a consulate. You can email them. Should be a link on our embassy info section on VJ or via google.

You dont actually need the checklist complete before sending in packet 3. Send it now. Make sure you have everything by interview.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So they finally responded to my email about the extension. They said thank you for the update and then just went on about how to do the checklist. Does that mean I now have 4 more months to get the papers?

Send the checklist. You don't need the papers before sending the checklist.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.