coneyisland

K-1 need help

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi there, currently making process for fiancé visa with my partner. I have a few questions and would be so happy if you can answer them.

1- It's same sex relationship. My partner and I have been together for 2 years now and we saw eachother 5 times. But there's an age difference. 11 years. Would this effect anything?

2- right now we have ;

Mails

Hotel confirmations

Flight tickets

Pictures

Places that we've been (movie theater tickets etc.)

Letters about our relationship

Letters from our friends

Gifts and cards that we gave each other

Intent to marry letter

Passport pictures

Do we need to add anything else?

3- they say if your file sends to California, it takes less time. Is that true? if it is true, how can we make sure it goes to California?

4- do we have to photocopy all pages of passports or just stamp ones?

Thank you so very much!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Coney Island

First, congratulations. We are a same sex couple too and we have gone through the process with out hearts in our throat but everything turned out fine in the end! Here are some of the answers to your questions

Hi there, currently making process for fiancé visa with my partner. I have a few questions and would be so happy if you can answer them.

1- It's same sex relationship. My partner and I have been together for 2 years now and we saw eachother 5 times. But there's an age difference. 11 years. Would this effect anything? - Age does not matter

2- right now we have ;
Hotel confirmations
Flight tickets
Pictures
Letters from our friends
Intent to marry letter
Passport pictures

All of these show authenticity of relationship. The more the better for the embassy interview. For now provide few printed samples of the messages, texts and call logs. Attach all other documents, 4 to 5 pics of you two together and make sure all other documents are copies. Never give the original.

Do we need to add anything else? To prove authenticity of relationship, the above mentioned is enough. as for the forms, check the following guide

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

3- they say if your file sends to California, it takes less time. Is that true? if it is true, how can we make sure it goes to California?

Yes, apparently California is faster but you cannot choose where your application goes. If I am not wrong, the Eastern states are processed by the Vermont Service Center

4- do we have to photocopy all pages of passports or just stamp ones? Just the stamped ones will do.

Thank you so very much!

Timeline

That's a lot. The applications says not more than 7 pics. Take one pic from each trip, on the reverse, write the date on which the trip took place along with the name of the place. It should do fine. Do not have provocative pics and do not have pics where you two are kissing. just together, holding hands or selfies with clothes on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Dear Tom,

Thank you so very much. We thought we were not doing enough after seeing people who sent 400 pages :)

One last question - sending my boyfriend's tax return. It's only 2 pages. Is that ok?

Timeline

Do not send 400 pages like other people!!! you will kill the officer who is reviewing your file.

If it is the tax return of the USC, then yes. Make sure you have tax returns for the last two years also - just in case. We submitted tax returns for three years so that the officer may not find a reason the reject anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm 15 years older than my (now) husband and the consulate didn't ask him anything about the age difference during his K1 interview in November. I think you have plenty to show that you have a bonafide relationship. For the passport, you will need to copy all pages of your fiance's passport if you do not include a copy of his certified birth certificate (assuming he was born in the US). If you include the birth certificate, you'll just need to include the bio page and the pages with any entry/exit stamps showing him visiting you. For pictures...try to include a few from each visit he's made. Write your names, date of the photo, and location on the back of each. I think it was also helpful to include a photo of me and my husband's family on one visit to show the Consular official that I have met his family as well.

As mentioned, you don't get to pick the Service Center. USCIS will route it for you. Mine went to California.

1- It's same sex relationship. My partner and I have been together for 2 years now and we saw eachother 5 times. But there's an age difference. 11 years. Would this effect anything?

2- right now we have ;
Hotel confirmations
Flight tickets
Pictures
Letters from our friends
Intent to marry letter
Passport pictures

Do we need to add anything else?

4- do we have to photocopy all pages of passports or just stamp ones?

Thank you so very much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Tax transcripts from the IRS are better. They can be requested online and arrive in 1-2 weeks. If you include a copy of the actual 1040 form, you'll also need to include a copy of all W2s and 1099s.

Do not send 400 pages like other people!!! you will kill the officer who is reviewing your file.

If it is the tax return of the USC, then yes. Make sure you have tax returns for the last two years also - just in case. We submitted tax returns for three years so that the officer may not find a reason the reject anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.