ReneeAndCap

Initial RFE for AOS - very confused, please help!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeah took about a week to get the transcripts, and its worth the wait, less paperwork to have to post or worry about losing, you can apply for them online as mentioned above.

Yes she is an American citizen. Has only ever lived in the USA. Has always filed taxes in the USA. And has maintained an income well above the guidelines - never under $100k

i believe you and i am sure there was some kind of confusion and miscommunication happened in between USCIS. Also, i had asked you that in my previous question if the co-sponsor made all the earnings in the US. i mean you can still make money from a foreign land even though you have always lived in the US. not being nosy just trying to understand.

Timeline

i believe you and i am sure there was some kind of confusion and miscommunication happened in between USCIS. Also, i had asked you that in my previous question if the co-sponsor made all the earnings in the US. i mean you can still make money from a foreign land even though you have always lived in the US. not being nosy just trying to understand.

Timeline

Oh yes, I'm sorry I understand now. According to her tax return, there was approximately $16k income through foreign investment. Would that cause a problem? It's so frustrating we cannot get information from USCIS. The lady said it could of been an oversight but I'm not willing to risk that knowing I could be denied. I just think it's strange the way they worded it. If they just wanted more proof of income why didn't they just request that? Not saying she is not eligible as she does not meet the poverty guidelines

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok thanks everyone. We are asking her to send transcripts. Battling an up hill battle as her investment manager says he sponsors two people here and she should absolutely not provide1099's so she is adamant she won't. Working on the transcripts. So as long as we send transcripts, 12 months of bank statements and investment info this should be ok?

Yes. You will not need the 1099s with an IRS transcript.

Page 8 of the instructions >

If you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every

Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns. Do not include copies of these forms if you provide an IRS

transcript of your Federal individual income tax returns rather than a photocopy unless you filed a joint income tax return

with your spouse and are qualifying using only your income.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.