HeartOfAllThings

Evidence of a legitimate relationship: what to bring to the interview.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm getting things wrapped up for my interivew on Monday.

Nothing but pictures have been submitted so far as evidence for the legitimacy of our relationship, except for required things like marriage certificate, our son's BC, etc.

I hope this may give some people some ideas of what to put together. I'd also like feedback on if there's too many items, which might be totally unnecessary, and if there might be some important pieces of evidence that I could have included, but did not.

Here is what I compiled:

- Two lease agreements with both our names on it.

- Statements from both our parents, covering the time we did not share a lease, but lived/stayed with them.

- Letter from my bank saying she was added to my account two years ago

- Letters from bank and credit card company sent to my address in Canada, addressed to her(with copy of cards received)

- Several plane tickets for trips I took to see her, once where my passport was stamped, and trips we took together

- Her Canadian tourist visa from the last time she came in to visit me

- Our son's daycare papers when he spent months here in Canada

- His Canadian certificate of foreign birth, and his Quebec medical insurance card and paperwork

- Call and text logs(starting December 1st, when she went back to Michigan to wait for me. This is the first time we've lived apart in years)

- Random screenshots from Skype and Facebook conversations spanning the last 6 or so years

- Pictures, going for big events like birthdays, wedding anniversaries, trips, and pictures that includes other family members

Thans for reading! Wish me luck on Monday.

All the best to everyone, whatever step you're at.

All of this should've been sent before interview. In Montreal they don't really ever ask for evidence. Read the consulate reviews.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5&topic=IR-1%2FCR-1+Visa

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You should've sent everything with the I-130 to be honest, but you didn't. Canada is very low fraud provided that the beneficiary is a multi-generational Canadian. At the time of my interview people were routinely asked only 3 questions and I had quite a bit more than that, but nothing out of what I would consider an ordinary conversation about my marriage. Bring the evidence, but I wouldn't expect them to ask for it. Mostly they judge based on the reactions at interview and few Canadians are given 221g unless you're missing an original document (bring all originals, including petitioner divorce decrees) or can't prove domicile.

Best of luck and I look forward to hearing the good news! :D

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.