jayme2001

Medical Exam and past Cannabis use

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi There,

I'm planning to leave for Brazil in April for an extended stay as we await (hopefully) his K-1. I mailed the packet this past Monday and

the check is pending to be cashed in my bank, so I guess that is good. Anyway, I've been reading threads here, but all I seem to be able

to find is older information. Mu finance has used Cannabis for Migraines, although illegal in Brazil, maybe three-four times a year as far as I know and I have no reason to doubt him...we have spent a lot of time together given the international relationship. Of course he has stopped smoking already in preparation for an interview, as our case is solid, we should get.....but I'm concerned if he is honest......maybe he should say he never used it.....or that he did a few years ago....? I think honesty is an important value and we are honest people, and sometimes honesty is not the best policy depending on the goal.......if he was honest he would pass a urine test...I know they won't hair test...too expensive....I don't wanna

be paranoid, but feel it is important to think about and pray about how we want to handle this.....and of course to ask for advice/ideas/opinions here...particularly in Brasil, Rio de Janeiro Consulate and likley Dr. Joquim (? spelling) in Rio for medical exam

Thanks,....Pamela

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Lying can only make it worse in the long run if they ever find out! Just be honest, he has done someting that is illegal and he should just take the ban if he gets one and then you can file the waiver. I know it sucks but thats life when you do stuff thats illegal.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

You need to definitely tell the truth during the medical exam.

Just so you know, if you disclose illegal drugs use during the medical exam, he will most likely be subject to a 1 year ban. After this 1 year, he will be able to redo his medical exam and attend his visa interview. Obviously during this time he needs to stay clean so I'm not sure if they'll also conduct periodic drug tests throughout the year.

He'll just need to wait out the 1 year.

Edited by teeak

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

• 3 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.