~*Dorothy*~

Another update

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have been in touch with Casablanca via e-mail tracking the progress of our case and so far they have been helpful in their responses. Yesterday, after speaking with Jamal about the outcome of the interview I have sent another message to Casablanca asking for an update. Here is the response I got:

“Thank you for your email inquiry. Your fiancé case requires additional administrative processing which takes place in the United States. As soon as the processing is completed he will be notified.”

Does it mean the file is send back to US or just the investigation takes place here regarding terrorism and all that is related to security clearance? Any thoughts?

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dorothy it is his fingerprints and name coming to DOS and will go thru all checks. Your fine relax.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Dorothy it is his fingerprints and name coming to DOS and will go thru all checks. Your fine relax.

Mary

Ok, OK I know I got let this thing take its own course. Thank your Mary

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dorothy... you are in wonderful company... Mary and the others are experienced pro's at this... i'm wishing you the best sweetie! Just relax... and the two weeks will be up before you know it! *hugs* Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dorothy,

I know the anxiety you are feeling but everything will work out. I hope your wait isn't that long. I know every case is different. I hope it helps to have others look at what you are reading and reinforce that he will receive his visa and come home to you. I worried right up until the time I saw Abdou at JFK, lol, then I knew he was safely here.

Doreen :D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know exactly what you are worried about. You are thinking that it is being sent back to the CIS like a few of us, right? Don't worry, it sounds like basic AR still. Bless you, I know this is stressful, but just hang in there. I am sure it has been in Washington the entire time but no one has told you until now.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mary

Yup, that's what caused the 5 week delay for my husband's visa.

Here's the email we received

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail message.

Mr. [deleted]'s case is currently pending administrative check conducted at the Department of State in Washington. Once this process is completed, the Consular Officer will continue to process Mr. [deleted] case.

Regards

Consular Staff

Being the silly goose that I am, I wasn't active on VJ at the time, so I emailed them wondering what was up. Here was the rest of the email exchange

Dear Madam,

The administrative check is a type of security clearance that is mandatory. However, the process for Mr. [deleted] has been completed at the Department of State. The Consular Officer will review his case and issue his visa shortly.

Regards,

Consular Staff

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 3:05 AM

To: Consular, Cairo X

Subject: RE: Status of case question

Good evening:

What exactly is the administrative check? I have a few books on the visa

process none of them mention this step. My fiance is also wondering when he

will get his passport back and if we can have an estimate on how much longer

the processing will take?

Thank you,

[deleted]

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Timeline

ella74ny,

I gave you a link that has extensive reading about what AR/AP is.

this reading is really and idea of what happens. there are various checks that have been ordered its up to you to educate yourself on it so you can ask " the right questions" to the DOS. one thing about the DOS.

when they tell you stuff its pretty Kryptic.

http://www.wolfsdorf.com/articles/Consular...ng_20050524.htm

the basic steps what will happen are this. I will explain in simple terms. this is a very complexed thing..

1.. case is check on the local level.

2..once the embassy is satisfied with the informaton. they

make a recommendation. its normally recommendation for approval

this normally happens around the end of or beginning of every month.

< course this depends on the embassy too when they do recommendations >

3. when the embassy decides on making a recommendation your case

will sit on what is called "visa review meeting"

4. once the decision on your case is recommended it goes to DOS.

department of state. < a cable is sent >

5. once DOS compleate the security checks then they send

a cable to embassy.

6.once the embassy gets the security checks clear they make a choice to issue the visa or not. < its always up to the embassy >

this process can take a few days to endless.

about finger prints it takes 24 hours for the finger prints to be cleared. if your husband has a common name - expect long delays. there is a Few common names on the link I gave you.

shon.gif

You should have your visa in a few weeks, less if you're lucky. Congratulations! I know this part is hard, but soon you'll barely remember it.

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Timeline

It sounds like your fiance will have his visa, I think they have improved at the consulate. I emailed them yesterday about the status of my fiance's packet and they emailed me back today to tell me that they received his papers and mailed his packet out and also gave me his interview date for April 4th, one day before his birthday :dance: I even thanked them back and they sent me a good luck response :thumbs:

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

Oh ladies, ladies ...I am not ashamed to say that I love you all...for being so patient with me and my endless questions...I just can not get enough of reading all the great response that I am getting from this forum...I appreciate each and everyone of you...I am glad that things are moving a little better in Casablanca and they seem to clean up their act a bit...maybe they realized that their manner of handling certain situations was a just too much...well great news moroccogirlny...your man got his interview pretty fast ...I guess Vermont filing is speeding things up...we filed on 1/3/06 and got the interview 3/14/06 so that is a good news for those who are filing in Vermont.

shonjaved, I am printing up all the info I found from your link...will have something to read ...to educate myself a little bit more and find some piece of mind...To all of you many, many thanks...

Dorothy :luv::luv::luv:

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Timeline
Oh ladies, ladies ...I am not ashamed to say that I love you all...for being so patient with me and my endless questions...I just can not get enough of reading all the great response that I am getting from this forum...I appreciate each and everyone of you...I am glad that things are moving a little better in Casablanca and they seem to clean up their act a bit...maybe they realized that their manner of handling certain situations was a just too much...well great news moroccogirlny...your man got his interview pretty fast ...I guess Vermont filing is speeding things up...we filed on 1/3/06 and got the interview 3/14/06 so that is a good news for those who are filing in Vermont.

shonjaved, I am printing up all the info I found from your link...will have something to read ...to educate myself a little bit more and find some piece of mind...To all of you many, many thanks...

Just keep posting us on what's going on there, maybe the bad spell is over at CASA :dance:

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

Just keep posting us on what's going on there, maybe the bad spell is over at CASA :dance:

I really hope that this is the case...I hate the idea that so many people got such a bad experiences there...so i am looking forward to them getting their act together and showing a little compassion...i do realize that we are talking about a government institution and they are governed by their own rules and regulations and guidelines that must be followed, however it still should be done in a manner that is not raising red flags in these who go through this Consulate...so on this note I am praying for a succes story for your date on April 4th... that is so close... :dance:

Thanks

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.