AprilEchoubi

How much longer?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello all, I called the DOS 202-663-1225 number to see if my fiances security checks have cleared yet. I called on Thursday and they said it was cleared and sent back to Casablanca. I emailed Casablanca on Wednesday and they replied on Thursday stating that Adils papers are in AP status and will notifie him when they are done. my question is what is the normal time after the security checks are done do they receive the call to come pick up the visa? Also does any one know of a number to call Casablanca directly? I received one numer from a different forum but when I called this number they said the consults do not recieve phone calls. 011-212-224-30578 One of Adils friend also had the same interview date as he did and he recieved his call to get his visa on Monday. Im getting worried, is there other reasons for administrative processing? Just so all know he received a 221g March first stateing;

this office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found inligible to receive a visa under the following section of the immigration and nationality act.the information contained in the paragraphs markeed with x pertain to your visa application.please disregard the unmarked paragraphs

section221g wish prohibits theissuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply withthe provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto .the following remarks apply in your case

your case requires administrative processing we will notify when can continue processing your case. You guys are always great help.

THank you in advance!!! :thumbs:

April :help:

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

There is no timetable for being in AP and can follow other security checks.

AP can be anything from background checks to home investigations and document

verification with the national registrar.

It can last from a week to 1 year and beyond. We are on AP for 3 month now.

I would guess the norm is around 5-9 month in Mena/Sub-Sahara.

There is nothing that can be done except to wait it out. :angry:

You can keep calling DOS for status on the case.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If it would make you feel better you could contact your Senator/Congressman but I don't think they can really do anything about AP.

If it would make you feel better you could contact your Senator/Congressman but I don't think they can really do anything about AP.

But according the the OP the DOS says the checks have finished. So if Casa does not call by early next week and they tell you the checks are not finished, you might use the Congressman or Senator to find out why casa isn't getting the info from DOS.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Maj got a call 3 days after his checks were complete. However, some people unfortunately have completed their checks, only to have the consulate request that they be done again :( Hopefully you won't be one of those people and will get a call soon.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hopefully since you're dealing with Casa it shouldn't be too much longer.

If it were Cairo I would have to unfortunately say it could be months. I think togetherforever had their checks completed and then waited six months. That's Cairo though. They suck.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think CASA is better. We were told my husbands checks were done in May.....next thing we knew they sent his case back into check again which put us on AR for 6 months. :diablo: CASA seems to be moving a lot quicker than they did in the past. Hopefully you will hear good news soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your advise, you guys were very helpful. I will keep you updated. I HOPE SOONNNN!!!! or ill go :wacko: Did anyone know of any number to contact casa directly? Thanks again. I wish I knew of this group before i started my I 129F. YOU GUYS ARE GREAT HELP!!!!! :thumbs::luv::luv:

April

The ridiculously long APs are not as common in Casa... there have only been a few in the 2 years I've been frequenting this forum.

You should have the visa soon.

I think the number for Casa is hidden on the website somewhere.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.