thinair28

Lost Passport, how to replace visas?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I brilliantly left my (Canadian) wife's passport on our car roof yesterday, and then drove off. It was a wet rainy day and I didn't realize my mistake until way too late. I recovered a bit of it from the busy roadway, but it is a total loss and in a many small pieces now.

We will quickly will file to get a new passport, but I curious how easy it is to replace the stamps and visa inside?

We got Married in July 2006 on a K1 visa and already have the Greencard pending. We actually already recieved it in November 2006, but they put the wrong name on it and we have to wait another 10-12 months to fix their error! She got a I-551 stamp and has a job now.

We were hoping to travel this spring, but we realize that we have to wait until we get the Canadian Passport. My question is how hard will it be to replace the stamps and visa once we have the new passport? How long will that take?

Any advice or expereice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Danny in Seattle

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What other valid unexpired visas do you have in the passport? The K-1 is now been used so it is no longer valid so probably not so important anymore. An infopass appointment with USCIS to get the stamp

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

The validity of K1 visa is 6 months only. I don't see any reason why you still want to get her K1 visa stamp if she's married to you already. If i were you as soon she get her new passport make and infopass appointment to get a I-1551 stamp while she's waiting for her GC, just bring along the notice that her AOS was approved.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.