me_2015

got 221g for my mom

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My mom's visa is under administrative review because the consul needs a letter from me - Signed letter of explanation and legal basis for not filing Income Tax Returns. My question is even if I filed jointly with my husband this doesn't count? My mom brought our last 3 years income tax from the irs during the interview but the consul did not take it. I am unemployed for the last 4 years because I am watching our baby. Also, if someone here has the same issue like mine would you be kind enough to give your two cents. About the letter they want is there a specific format for this? Thank you and I appreciate all your help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A joint return means that you did file.

What did you answer on your I-864 about tax filing? You should have answered YES and included IRS transcripts (preferred) or copies of your entire joint return including any supporting documents.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My mom's visa is under administrative review because the consul needs a letter from me - Signed letter of explanation and legal basis for not filing Income Tax Returns. My question is even if I filed jointly with my husband this doesn't count? My mom brought our last 3 years income tax from the irs during the interview but the consul did not take it. I am unemployed for the last 4 years because I am watching our baby. Also, if someone here has the same issue like mine would you be kind enough to give your two cents. About the letter they want is there a specific format for this? Thank you and I appreciate all your help.

In my family there were two cases same like yours... they both just gave the simple explanation and visa was issued immediately...without any issues

Infact visa officer asked them to send the passport alongwith the letter...It's not big issue as per my understanding...

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

Filed: Timeline

A joint return means that you did file.

What did you answer on your I-864 about tax filing? You should have answered YES and included IRS transcripts (preferred) or copies of your entire joint return including any supporting documents.

I did answer yes and included transcripts from the IRS. My mom told me that the consul look at it but didn't take it. He only took the affidavit of support of my co sponsor and his IRS transcript. I am thinking of just writing the letter but instead of saying I didn't file I will just state there that I was unemployed from the last 4 years but my husband filed taxes jointly with me. Do you think they will accept it? I cannot say I didn't file because my husband filed jointly with me even if I don't have an income.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.