NYGirl

CAREER PATH

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Hello all,

TGIF! I got 1 more hour before I can go home and i need to roll it fast :)

So............what is your Significant Other career/education? what do they plan to or already do for a living?

My SO is graduating in computer science this june and his specialty will be SQL, Visual basics and mainframe/database that is some kind of international degree with some certificates that is good all over the world. I am proud of my baby :)

( i just wish he had the communication level of english to find that type of job right away :P but hopefully it won't take him too long :P )

Who's next :devil:

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

yah but i forgot to add my fiance's career under mine in the other topic so i'll post here :)

my fiance is studying to be a metallurgical engineer. i'm trying to figure out how to convert his degree into american credits to see if he needs more schooling or not (oh god i hope not)

but, like you, he needs to brush up on his english more before he can think of getting a job in that field.

ESL here he comes!!!!!!!! <_<

Edited by abdounjen

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
yah but i forgot to add my fiance's career under mine in the other topic so i'll post here :)

my fiance is studying to be a metallurgical engineer. i'm trying to figure out how to convert his degree into american credits to see if he needs more schooling or not (oh god i hope not)

but, like you, he needs to brush up on his english more before he can think of getting a job in that field.

ESL here he comes!!!!!!!! <_<

i heard NY offeres a lot of free ESL classes :)

so my fiance knows what's in store for him ;)

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

My degree is in Kinesiology with a minor in Japanese

I am State Liscensed Physical Therapist, Corrective Exercise Kinesiologist ATC/ CSCS

My wife is an International Business major.

Prior to having our children I was in Graduate School for Masters in PT.

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016