Talha282

About F2A Category

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

My mothers petition is now in Us Embassy.

She will apply for me in March 2016.If she get visa

My Birthday : 01-03-1996

Here is the deal.

The time between your Priority Date and your 21st birthday is how much CSPA protection you have. In your case about 10 months if your mother files on March 3, 2016.

The time it takes USCIS to approve the I-130 does not count against you. The longer it takes, the better.

Once the I-130 is approved, your 10 months of CSPA protection starts to count down. If this time is over, then CSPA will no longer protect you and you will remain in the F2b category.

Hope for a slow I-130 approval.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Will we have to submit additional paper to USCIS for CSPA or it will be automatically adjusted?

If my mom apply for me in March 2016 then I will have 12 month and the normal processing times for USCIS to process is 5 months. Then my total time remains for F2A category is 17 month.

If that happens will I be eligible?

Edited by Talha282

Timeline

You need the 1 130 to take c 8 months or so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Will we have to submit additional paper to USCIS for CSPA or it will be automatically adjusted? Usually, but not always. Your responsibility to be on top of it. If you think CSPA applies when your PD becomes current in the F2a category, then ask for it.

If my mom apply for me in March 2016 then I will have 12 month and the normal processing times for USCIS to process is 5 months. Then my total time remains for F2A category is 17 month.

If that happens will I be eligible? Under the 12 scenario, there would be 5 more months so CSPA will help you. Under the 5 months scenario, there would be 12 months so CSPA will not help you.

There is nothing you can do to change anything. Have mom file as quickly as possible.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

. The childs age will freeze only if the beneficiary has sought to acquire the LPR status within one year of the visa availability. For consular processing, this is done by submitting DS-230 Part 1. I reiterate that the child or the childs parent on behalf of the child must submit this form.

What does it mean?

Timeline

. The childs age will freeze only if the beneficiary has sought to acquire the LPR status within one year of the visa availability. For consular processing, this is done by submitting DS-230 Part 1. I reiterate that the child or the childs parent on behalf of the child must submit this form.

What does it mean?

The US Government consider it to mean the DS-260 must be filed within 1 year of the PD becoming current or before retrogression. If you don't put in a visa application within that time, CSPA will not apply. This is about people who delay applying for a visa. You lose out on CSPA if you fail to move along with the case within a year.

Timeline

There is no way to know.

There is nothing you can do to change anything.

File and hope.

I would add to the above that it looks a long shot and it would be best to carry on your life and if it comes up fine, if not you have not wasted the time.

Timeline

I would add to the above that it looks a long shot and it would be best to carry on your life and if it comes up fine, if not you have not wasted the time.

Why is it a long shot when he has 10 months of CSPA protection, it takes at least 6 months for USCIS to approve an I-130, and the current wait is 17 months? That looks like being on the line, rather than a long shot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.