Fofire

Anybody Called a European embassy lately

9 posts in this topic

Hey just wanted to know if anybody has called a Europen embassy or a USCIS office lately to see if theres any news about how to proceed. I dont mean embassies where you're still allowed to file.

Just curious because lately I've been too lazy/cheap/disappointed to call my local USCIS in Vienna, so I use this site as a first indication of if anything has happened. Im just checking to see if thats what we're all doing (sitting and waiting for news on this site) or if any of us has checked to see if ANY progress has been made. (ie. being able to file directly in Vienna)

I guess the real reason behind this question is another thread I read about Lima Peru accepting a petition from a USC in Argentina . . . Just curious if thats a one off deal or if thats being communicated to any of the other USCIS's.

Actually now that I think about it hasn't London started taking applications from foreign residents, or am I mistaken?

Filed: Timeline

I know this has nothing to do with Vienna but the same day the London USCIS posted thier information about an USC within thier jursidition bieng able to file the I-130 through their office, I recieved an e-mail( I had written them about three weeks ago, in the end I called them 3 days beofre this came out and got the same info) from USCIS in Lima, Peru saying the same thing but with a difference that I have to go in person whereas in Londo you can send it by mail. All this makes me believe that I memo was sent out. Here is what was sent to me:

Good Afternoon.

The adjudication of the I-130 is handled by the Department of Homeland

Security.

Once it is approved, it is sent to the Immigrant Visa section of the US

consulate where the beneficiary resides. I cannot speak for how long the

process

will take because I cannot speak for the Department of State. Check with

them.

The I-130 adjudication process with DHS usually takes less than a week.

The Lima USCIS office will accept your I-130 only if you file it in person.

We

will only accept the I-130 if you reside overseas, in a country in which the

LIma USCIS office has jurisdiction. Extended visits or a leave of absence

from

your employment in the United States will not be accepted as "residence".

The

Petitioner must establish without a doubt that they reside overseas.

Employment

stubs, rent receipts, utility bills, payments to department stores . . . all

in

the Petitioner's name, would go a long way to establishing proof of

residence in

that country.

Although I can file the I-130 in Lima, Peru nothing has changed on the Embassy websites of Argentina, Chile, or Peru. Although that doesn't mean much as it took the embassy in Argentina a week to put up something about the Adam Walsh Act

See ya

Steven

I know this has nothing to do with Vienna but the same day the London USCIS posted thier information about an USC within thier jursidition bieng able to file the I-130 through their office, I recieved an e-mail( I had written them about three weeks ago, in the end I called them 3 days beofre this came out and got the same info) from USCIS in Lima, Peru saying the same thing but with a difference that I have to go in person whereas in Londo you can send it by mail. All this makes me believe that I memo was sent out. Here is what was sent to me:

Good Afternoon.

The adjudication of the I-130 is handled by the Department of Homeland

Security.

Once it is approved, it is sent to the Immigrant Visa section of the US

consulate where the beneficiary resides. I cannot speak for how long the

process

will take because I cannot speak for the Department of State. Check with

them.

The I-130 adjudication process with DHS usually takes less than a week.

The Lima USCIS office will accept your I-130 only if you file it in person.

We

will only accept the I-130 if you reside overseas, in a country in which the

LIma USCIS office has jurisdiction. Extended visits or a leave of absence

from

your employment in the United States will not be accepted as "residence".

The

Petitioner must establish without a doubt that they reside overseas.

Employment

stubs, rent receipts, utility bills, payments to department stores . . . all

in

the Petitioner's name, would go a long way to establishing proof of

residence in

that country.

Although I can file the I-130 in Lima, Peru nothing has changed on the Embassy websites of Argentina, Chile, or Peru. Although that doesn't mean much as it took the embassy in Argentina a week to put up something about the Adam Walsh Act

See ya

Steven

Steven,

I forgot to ask and this might actually be my own mistake (because I called USCIS Vienna) but did you contact the USCIS office in Peru or did U contact the embassy?

Fofire

Just wondering because maybe the embassy for instance might have a different answer than USCIS.

oh yeah.

Can you tell us when your interview date is set so I know how it goes?

Filed: Timeline

Hey

To answer your first question I called the number of the USCIS office in Peru. I got the number from the office locator on www.uscis.gov., but the other day I was on the US Embassy site in Peru and I noticed that it is the same number.

As far as your second question, it's in two months, May 17th. I'm not in a hurry to do the visa and so I'm hoping that the filing I-130 comes back so I don't have to spend the money to go to Peru. I have to take my wife with me also. I could have gotten the appointment next week but I decide to wait.

Anyways, it seems to me reading all the ther post that sme USCIS offices are allowing it (London, Peru) and some aren't (Seoul). Personally I don't see why they wouldn't do it in Vienna. I would just bust heads using the info you have about London and Peru. Im pretty sure you'have done this but I say do it again.

I hope it works out for you and I'll give you any new info that I have

See ya

Steven

Hi, all - I just talked to USCIS in Vienna.

They will now accept I-130 petitions from USCs in their jurisdiction who have been resident at least six months.

You can send it by mail.

They just got this news and are hammering out the details.

They'll contact consulates in their jurisdiction and it is possible that the consulates will eventually accept petitions directly and then forward them to USCIS in Vienna.

They expect that turn-around time for petitions at USCIS in Vienna will be quite rapid - less than a week or two at most, unless they get unexpected volume.

:)

9-12/2004 - met and fell in love in Bulgaria

2004 - 2006 - travel, travel, travel...

11/2006 - moved to Bulgaria

1/2007 - engaged

4/2007 - wedding

DCF for CR-1 Visa BEGINS:

5/16/2007 - I-130 filed at Sofia, Bulgaria embassy

Hi, all - I just talked to USCIS in Vienna.

They will now accept I-130 petitions from USCs in their jurisdiction who have been resident at least six months.

You can send it by mail.

They just got this news and are hammering out the details.

They'll contact consulates in their jurisdiction and it is possible that the consulates will eventually accept petitions directly and then forward them to USCIS in Vienna.

They expect that turn-around time for petitions at USCIS in Vienna will be quite rapid - less than a week or two at most, unless they get unexpected volume.

:)

Yeah I just found out the same. I called Vienna and she said that she spoke someone in Bulgaria I had a feeling that it was you. Well yeah anyhow she just told me the same thing. She also said it might be to our advantage that we wait till the end of the week to see if our consulates will start to take them and then forward them on to Austria or if we absolutely have to mail it to Austria.

Just thought I would comment on that.

fofire

• 2 weeks later...

This is what the london website says re: processing other country petitions....gonna slow us down a bit methinks!

The London Field Office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) currently has jurisdiction for adjudicating I-130 and I-360 petitions from U.S. citizens who have permission to reside and work AND who principally reside in the following countries: (1) Denmark; (2) Finland; (3) Iceland; (4) Norway; (5) Republic of Ireland; (6) Sweden; and (7) United Kingdom.

Tracy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4/24/03 Met hubby(UKC) while he was on an F1 in California

4/28/03 First delicious date! (On my birthday!)

9/6/03 Engaged on vacation in Paris!

12/23/03 Married in San Francisco

3/31/04 Moved to Sweden for his work

4/25/05 Moved to London

9/8/06 DH moved to Madrid for a few months for work wahhhhhh!

10/31/06 DH is home in London yayayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

05/07/07 I 130 filed London

05/09/07 Credit card charged hooray-awaiting NOA

Hey just wanted to know if anybody has called a Europen embassy or a USCIS office lately to see if theres any news about how to proceed. I dont mean embassies where you're still allowed to file.

Just curious because lately I've been too lazy/cheap/disappointed to call my local USCIS in Vienna, so I use this site as a first indication of if anything has happened. Im just checking to see if thats what we're all doing (sitting and waiting for news on this site) or if any of us has checked to see if ANY progress has been made. (ie. being able to file directly in Vienna)

I guess the real reason behind this question is another thread I read about Lima Peru accepting a petition from a USC in Argentina . . . Just curious if thats a one off deal or if thats being communicated to any of the other USCIS's.

Actually now that I think about it hasn't London started taking applications from foreign residents, or am I mistaken?

this following info is from US embassy in Paris france

The Immigrant Visa Unit is now able to accept I-130 petitions on a limited basis for Americans who are legally resident in France. Please click here for more information. We will be closed to the public on Friday, April 6.

- Nov 2006

Paris Civil Wedding

- Jan 2007

DCF (CR1-CR2)

I-130 Aproved the same day i went to Paris Embassy

Form DS-2001 sent back to Paris Embassy

Got appointment letter for the final interview in March 2007 with my Case number.

Packet 4

Adam walsh law, call from embassy final interview postpone

Paris Embassy sent all pending I-130 petitions to Roma uscis for an Petionner background check

- Feb 2007

Medical visit

I- 130 petitions back from the Roma uscis ''reaproved''

Call from Paris Embassy confimation for my final interview in March 2007.

- March 2007

Final interview date: CR1-CR2 Aproved

Passports with visas came by chrono 5 days after interview.

57 days in total

- April 2007

Moving to USA

Atlanta POE

THE INFO FROM PARIS

immigrant visas

Limited Filing in Paris

The Immigrant Visa Unit will be closed to the public on Friday, April 6, 2007.

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, the U.S. Embassy in Paris will accept I-130 petitions for immediate relative immigrant classification from American citizens who have been continuously, legally resident in France for at least the six months prior to petition filing. Individuals, who are in the country on a temporary status, such as student or tourist, do not meet this residency standard and may not file a petition in Paris.

We will also exceptionally accept petitions from non-residents in true emergency cases, such as life and death or health and safety, plus instances where minor children who would be unexpectedly left without a caretaker.

To file, you may appear at the entrance to the Embassy’s consular section between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on Fridays. No new admissions will be allowed after 10:00 a.m. The U.S. citizen petitioner and all alien beneficiaries must appear in person on the day of petitioning.

You should bring the following documentation:

U.S. citizen petitioner and each family member beneficiary passports

U.S. citizen petitioner’s French titre de sejour as proof of six months of continuous, legal residence in France

Two passport-sized photos for the U.S. citizen petitioner and each beneficiary

Proof of relationship:

- Petition for spouse: marriage certificate or copie integrale de l’acte de marriage (Persons previously married must also provide a divorce judgment or death certificate as proof of termination of the previous relationship.)

- Petition for child: child’s birth certificate or copie integrale de l’acte de naissance

Completed forms I-130 Petition and G-325A for each beneficiary

Completed form G-325A for U.S. citizen petitioner (1 copy per petition to be filed.)

Completed form DS-230 for each beneficiary.

$190 petitioning fee. Payment may be made in cash or by credit card. No checks are accepted.

For faster service on the day of petitioning, please have your forms downloaded and completed before coming to the Embassy.

back to top ^

- Nov 2006

Paris Civil Wedding

- Jan 2007

DCF (CR1-CR2)

I-130 Aproved the same day i went to Paris Embassy

Form DS-2001 sent back to Paris Embassy

Got appointment letter for the final interview in March 2007 with my Case number.

Packet 4

Adam walsh law, call from embassy final interview postpone

Paris Embassy sent all pending I-130 petitions to Roma uscis for an Petionner background check

- Feb 2007

Medical visit

I- 130 petitions back from the Roma uscis ''reaproved''

Call from Paris Embassy confimation for my final interview in March 2007.

- March 2007

Final interview date: CR1-CR2 Aproved

Passports with visas came by chrono 5 days after interview.

57 days in total

- April 2007

Moving to USA

Atlanta POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.