4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I just read something about AP, this is the first time I'm seeing this and it looks quiet scary.

What is the AP?

How often does the embassy put beneficiaries on the AP? And

How can one prevent it?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It helps to have all the required documents at the time of interview to avoid the 221g. But I don't know if there is really a way to avoid AP altogether. If the embassy determines more review is needed then AP (adminstrative processing) you go. Everyone has an amount of AP to process their interview paperwork and issue the visa. However, some countries more than others are known for long APs.

You can read about other VJers AP woes in the AP forum. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/

I would also read up in the Ghana portal to see what AP issues there are at that embassy.

Good Luck?

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I really appreciate your reply. In fact I started thinking about how long the AP in Ghana could take when u mentioned the differences in length according to every country. I will be waiting for your findings on AP in Ghana.

Best regards

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My findings? I'm not in AP in Ghana. I suggest that you read through the posts in your Ghana Portal to see if other's from your country can give you more info.

You can also use the search tool. Or again read the many many threads in the above AP forum I linked you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/554712-ap-in-ghana-split-thread/ Here is another I looked up for you. The search bar is your friend.

Good Luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.