kari lina

Confused...do you return police cert., birth cert. etc with Packet 3 or do you only bring it to interview?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Okay, I've gotten myself totally confused. I'm getting the package of all the documents for my fiance's packet 3. I was making him an info sheet on exactly what documents need to be returned with Packet 3 and which are kept for the interview. I have looked at all the guides, and I don't know if I'm just doing this too late after a long day at work and my brain isn't functioning, but I need some help.

I have looked on the Frankfurt Embassy info link, and they have a section that says "what forms should be sent back to the Consulate?" and it lists the normal forms: checklist, form 230p1, etc. Then the next section says "other forms (if any)". There they include all of the birth certificate, police certificate, etc. does that mean those also are returned in Packet 3?

In short, do the following originals or copies need to be returned in packet 3:

-Police Certificate

-beneficiary's birth certificate

-petitioner's birth certificate

-evidence of support

Thanks!

Karoline

1996: Paul and I met in Germany

10.18.06: We got engaged! :D

12.05.06: NOA1 for I-129F

05.04.07: Interview-- Visa Approved!!!!

05.09.07: Visa Received!!!!

05.14.07: Paul is home!!!!

06.08.07: Wedding!!!! We're married, we're married! Woohoo!

06.21.07: Sent AOS, AP, and EAD applications to USCIS

06.23.07: AOS package received in Chicago

06.28.07: NOA for AOS, AP, and EAD

07.10.07: Received notice for biometrics appointment

08.02.07: Biometrics Appointment

09.20.07: AOS interview

11.15.07: Green Card received

11.05.09: Removal of Conditions package sent to VSC

11.09.09: Package received at VSC

11.12.09: Check cashed

I'll be following your thread closely as the guides seem a bit vague about this (even in the Frankfurt Embassy section). So I have only my common sense to judge so far - I know - common sense and the government don't always see eye to eye.

My feeling thus far is am not going to send them any originals of Birth/Divorce/or Police because it'd be terrible to get them lost in the mail. I think the packet will explain better and perhaps a call the the embassy will be in order. Hope another Frankfurt interviewee can advise.

Timeline
I'll be following your thread closely as the guides seem a bit vague about this (even in the Frankfurt Embassy section). So I have only my common sense to judge so far - I know - common sense and the government don't always see eye to eye.

My feeling thus far is am not going to send them any originals of Birth/Divorce/or Police because it'd be terrible to get them lost in the mail. I think the packet will explain better and perhaps a call the the embassy will be in order. Hope another Frankfurt interviewee can advise.

Okay, I'm glad you agree that it is vague. I also think that it wouldn't make sense to send the originals, but I wonder if certified copies of everything need to be sent, or if you just hold on to them until the interview.

:)

Karoline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What do the instructions say? Each consulate operates differently but typically what you wrote would be brought to the interview.

YMMV

I think regular copies are all that's needed. Certified would mean the governing body puts a seal/stamp on it.

If you think of it as "Certified" and "Original" have the same weight (in most cases) and I don't think we'd want either floating in the mail if we can avoid it.

Timeline
I think regular copies are all that's needed. Certified would mean the governing body puts a seal/stamp on it.

If you think of it as "Certified" and "Original" have the same weight (in most cases) and I don't think we'd want either floating in the mail if we can avoid it.

Okay, I should have just said copies then. That's what I meant. But if I have an original and a certified copy of something, I feel more comfortable sending the copy certified or not. But that is kind of beside the point :P I just want to know if they need a copy of those documents with the Packet 3 or if you only bring them to the interview.

Edited by kari lina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.