pretzelchoc23

Green Card interview Original Documents

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

So in a few days I have my green card interview.....I have a few questions, so in regards to photos will the officer take my photos for my file or just view them? I have a lot of letters between my husband and I while he was away that I would like to bring just to show some correspondence between us, will they want to take them to add to my file? Just trying to organize all of my papers now......Also my husband has misplaced his birth certificate, he doesn't have a passport, we will try and get a new original before the interview but if we can't will this be a huge problem?

Timeline

Also do they keep the christmas cards, birthday cards etc? or do they just need to view them? I am just trying to figure out what I need to photocopy and not photocopy....

Please see my recent review, feel free to ask some question,

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/580631-aosfrom-k1-interview-experience-washington-seattle-field-office/

Edited by dahlia0811

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Timeline

Thanks. So they may take the photos which is fine but I need to know whether they will need my letters and cards or if its best just to copy them

Thanks. So they may take the photos which is fine but I need to know whether they will need my letters and cards or if its best just to copy them

They ask me if the photos were only copies, I said they can take as many as they want =). Best if you have originals make copies, just in case they nned to take them. I brought originals + copies.

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

They most likely will not keep your originals. The officer will ask to see the originals of certain documents you mailed with your initial application. That would be, identity documents (birth certificates/passports), marriage license/divorce decree(s), and U.S. citizen petitioner's recent pay stubs. They will take a look at it, check if it matches whatever copies they have on file, and check it off their list.

As far as the bona fides, bring a stack of originals and a stack of copies. The stack of copies should simply be an exact replica of your stack of originals. Hand them the stack of originals and let them go through it. They will take a look at the originals and ask you for the copies of whatever document they wish to have on file. If you don't have copies, they will make them, however it is more considerate to have the copies ready for them so that they don't have to deal with the printer.

As far as the birth certificate/U.S. passport situation, they may issue a RFE (Request for Evidence) at the end of the interview if you can't provide proof of your spouse's citizenship. This will be under the form of a letter stating that this particular document is missing and provide you with an address where to mail it to. Upon receiving the missing document, your case will be deemed complete and they will be able to issue a decision. However, if you are able to gather every single documentation required for your interview and your case is strong, you may have better chances to have them approve you on the spot as opposed to within 90 days post-interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.