The Conqueror

AOS(from K1) Interview experience - Washington-Seattle Field office

11 posts in this topic

Date of Interview: December 30, 2015

Time of Interview: 1:50pm

A long wait but finally the day has come......

I brought all my documentation in a carry-on roller bag. Yes... you heard :secret: me right =) I brought everything I could think of because I didn’t want to miss anything that they might need from me.

1. 1st album included my Engagement photos & Wedding photos

2. 2nd album included pictures from the day I arrived here in US, family pictures from different occasions like Birthday’s holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and were arranged by "Date".

3. I brought all my K1 visa documents just in case they asked

4. AOS documentations stated in the interview appointment letter

We came 20 minutes early which was just right for Security Check and went directly to the receptionist and handed her my Appointment letter, Driver's License & Passport. We were directed to the 2nd floor, we saw a group of people also waiting for their interviews. We sat, waited and observed. We were called at around 2:40'ish, a lady guided us to the room and she introduced herself as CO who will conduct the interview and another CO, who will be observing during the interview.

CO informed us what to expect during the interview, before we made the Oath.

Questions:

-Husband (Sponsor)

1. How did we meet?

2. Asked about his previous divorce(s).

3. Went thru the photo albums and took most of the group or family pictures and ask my husband who were the 2 kids with him in one of the photos.

-Wife (Applicant)

1. My husband’s Birthday

2. How I did I get to the field office, which car we used and who drove

3. My Birth cert... Date where it was written (for some reason my Philippine Authenticated Birth Certificate was blurry and my birth date was no were to be found, she dismissed that question because she saw my birth date in my passport)

4. Asked me about 2 photos and who were in them

5. How come I filed my application a little later than normal?

6. Supporting documentation, joint bank accounts with my name and home address, recent joint Federal Income Tax Returns

And finally she approved my green card, she granted me a 10 year Green Card, and I said "YES!" because we were married for more than 2 years, she said "Oh you know the rules" with a big smile in her face. The interview lasted about 20-25 minutes.

Glory to God!

Every interview are not the same but here are some things that I learned:

• I brought every possible documentation needed but there was no need to bring K1 Visa documentation

• Regarding Pictures, CO was only looking for family or group pictures. “I think” she less care about pictures that were taken with me and my husband only. So “maybe” don’t bring heavy albums like I did. NOTE: Make sure you and your partner know every person in the picture.

• Husband need to remember the divorce dates, children age(s) – if any.

• It will help if you bring some Letters-envelopes with your name & address sent by your friends or relatives.

• Previous trips out of town (tickets, boarding pass, pictures with land marks, etc.)

• Anything to prove that your relationship is “Genuine”.

• And last advice… breath and relax. =)

I will Keep you posted when I receive my Green card (they said within 30 days). And for additional information please see below signature.

Cheers!

Edited by dahlia0811

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Congratulations ! and thanks for the helpful tips. Ill have my husband go through your post.

Thank you and you are welcome!!!!

Yes, I myself go through every Interview experience posted here in VJ, and they were indeed very helpful. I always read the positive ones =), because the negative one are not helpful because it gives you negative thoughts. Where in everything should be POSITIVE as long you are prepared and has a "Genuine" relationship.

Feel free to ask some question, I will be glad to help.

Cheers!

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hi Dahlia0811

We had our interview and Approved !!! as well.

Just wondering if you got any paper/document from the officer before leaving the site ?

Congratulations!!!!

When did you had your interview?

No paper….

UPDATE:

2015-12-31 Update: received text :My case being updated " at 6:30am "Online Status" below,

New Card Is Being Produced

On December 30, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us.

2016-01-04 Update: received text :My case being updated " at 6:30am "Online Status" below,

Case Was Approved

On December 31, 2015, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXX. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice

2016-01-06 Update: received text :My case being updated " at 7:01am "On January 5, 2016, we mailed your new card"

2016-01-06 Receveid another notification thru text message 3:02pm (so far so good)

Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service

On January 6, 2016, the Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXX. We mailed your card to the address you gave us. The tracking number assigned is 9205XXXXXXXXXXX. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you did not receive the card, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Green card delivered on January 08, 2016 (9days from the interview) :joy:

Filed: Timeline

Our timeline is exactly the same as Dahlia0811, except that our interview was on 1/5 and GC received on 1/12.

We were not allowed to check in more than 15 min prior to the interview time. So had to wait downstairs in the main lobby. Once checked in, we waited in the designated area and were called in very close to our actual interview time; may be like 10 min late, not even.

Interview was very pleasant. We had all our stuff put together and organized by:

Wedding Photos

Family Events (such as Thanksgiving, Christmas)

Our trips together (with photos and hotel/travel receipts)

Misc events

Joint A/C statements

The IO took a quick look at some of the pic and kept a few of them for the records.

The IO was very nice, pleasant and asked me about 4-5 questions; where we met, where do we live, etc.

It took us about 20 min. (since the IO was taking the notes as he was asking questions)

Approved GC on the spot. Received GC in the mail exactly the 8th day after interview.

Wow!!! Congratulations!!! Now let's enjoy 3yrs break less 90days of not thinking paper works?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.