Maria2012

N-400 January 2016 Filers

930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Do they ask for the passport during Biometrics or Interview?

You'll need the passport at your bio appointment if you don't have other valid photo ID. You'll also need your green card.

You'll need your passport at the interview, but it doesn't matter if it's expired. Actually, you'll need all passports you've had since you became a permanent resident (valid or expired).

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Other Timeline

Adding our info... Good luck to everyone!

N-400: January 2016 Applicants
======================================
USCIS Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

It_takes_2.......|04/01/11|01/05|Waive|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Lawrence, MA
Rushica03........|09/21/10|01/06|01/12|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Norfolk, VA
SF2007...........|02/01/11|01/08|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Albuquerque, NM
kristenmaroc.....|03/15/12|01/09|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Raleigh, NC

================================
USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

pietro...........|04/22/10|01/02|01/07|01/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Santa Ana, CA

Maria2012........|03/21/13|01/04|01/13|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Seattle, WA
Gbk947...........|07/22/04|01/04|01/11|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Las Vegas, NV
Cello(1).........|04/05/11|01/11|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Santa Ana, CA

Cello(2).........|04/05/11|01/11|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Santa Ana, CA

bgd..............|04/08/13|01/11|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Seattle, WA

===========================================================================
USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Lockbox (Filing Under 319b, 328, or 329 of the INA)
UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

Name.............|--/--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|??, ??

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

2. Please use your VJ name to avoid confusion.
3. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
4. Click "Quote" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.
5. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.
6. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size.[12]
7. Make changes and Add Reply.
8. Red Font="I'm A United States Citizen"!

Legend:
GC-Date: The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card
Sent: Date N-400 was mailed to USCIS
Cashd: Date your check was cashed by USCIS
NOA: Receipt Notice Date Printed on your official I-797 notification
Fprints: Date assigned for fingerprinting (Bio-metrics)
In Line: Date you received e-notification about the start of your interview shceduling
Int Ltr: Date you received the official letter in the mail regarding interview
Interview: Date of your interview
Oath: Date Oath taken
Field Office: Your local USCIS office where you will have the N-400 interview

Passport tracker: 2016 US Passport Application Tracker List

Edited by bgd

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Guys I have a question: I got my 10 year GC when I married my US citizen spouse. Got my GC back in 2009. I am now applying for n400, basically after 6 years -- laziness on my part. Do I apply on the basis of the 3 year rule or on the basis of the 5 year rule? Which one applies to me?

When I go for the interview, if I apply according to the 5 year rule, will the immigration officer ask me for things like my marriage certificate or my spouse's birth certificate or the spouse's passport? I know that I will need the tax transcripts for the past 5 years and I do have those but what rule actually applies to me, the 3 year or the 5 year?

Timeline

Guys I have a question: I got my 10 year GC when I married my US citizen spouse. Got my GC back in 2009. I am now applying for n400, basically after 6 years -- laziness on my part. Do I apply on the basis of the 3 year rule or on the basis of the 5 year rule? Which one applies to me?

When I go for the interview, if I apply according to the 5 year rule, will the immigration officer ask me for things like my marriage certificate or my spouse's birth certificate or the spouse's passport? I know that I will need the tax transcripts for the past 5 years and I do have those but what rule actually applies to me, the 3 year or the 5 year?

You can apply under either rule. The 5 year rule is easier.

Since you got your green card through marriage you may be asked about your marriage and you should take supporting documents just in case, but as a 5 year applicant, the issue will probably not come up unless there's some reason to question the marriage. For instance if you are now divorced you may be asked how soon after ROC you were divorced.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You can apply under either rule. The 5 year rule is easier.

Since you got your green card through marriage you may be asked about your marriage and you should take supporting documents just in case, but as a 5 year applicant, the issue will probably not come up unless there's some reason to question the marriage. For instance if you are now divorced you may be asked how soon after ROC you were divorced.

Thank you for the quick response, Much appreciated. Not divorced, married happily for 13 years. Can you please tell me what ROC means? I looked it up but it stands for so many things.

Edited by n400journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

NOA received...what's next after receiving the I-797C.

Next up will be possibly a notice for Bio-metrics appointment! What is the Receipt notice date printed on your on your NOA?

Thank you for the quick response, Much appreciated. Not divorced, married happily for 13 years. Can you please tell me what ROC means? I looked it up but it stands for so many things.

ROC stands for Removal Of Conditions. For people that apply before they've been married for 2 years, they get a conditional green card good for only 2 year. At 2 years they have to apply again to remove conditions and get the 10 year green card.

Since you say you've been married for 13 years and got green card 6 years ago, you probably didn't have to go through this step.

Timeline

I agree with the previous response. Sounds like you should have a smooth application process. I'd recommend applying under the 5 year rule as less documentation is required. Just look at the document checklist on the N400 page on the USCIS website and send in the required documents.

Timeline

Execoh's to the list added!

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|Int ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

It_takes_2.......|04/01/11|01/05|Waive|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Lawrence, MA
Rushica03........|09/21/10|01/06|01/12|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Norfolk, VA
SF2007...........|02/01/11|01/08|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Albuquerque, NM
kristenmaroc.....|03/15/12|01/09|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Raleigh, NC

pietro...........|04/22/10|01/02|01/07|01/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Santa Ana, CA

Maria2012........|03/21/13|01/04|01/13|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Seattle, WA
Gbk947...........|07/22/04|01/04|01/11|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Las Vegas, NV
Cello(1).........|04/05/11|01/11|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Santa Ana, CA

Cello(2).........|04/05/11|01/11|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Santa Ana, CA

bgd..............|04/08/13|01/11|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Seattle, WA

Execoh...........|--/--/--|01/15|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|??, ??

Name.............|--/--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|??, ??

Legend:
In Line: Date you received e-notification about the start of your interview shceduling

Hello Everyone!

Applied to AZ lockbox on Jan 15. Can someone please add me to the timeline.

Can you also add your local field office? Thanks and good luck!

I'm starting to worry that my application for a fee waiver is going to make my case take much longer than usual :unsure:
Also, silly me forgot to add the form for email updates :bonk: Hopefully I get something in the mail next week.

Timeline

Execoh's info added!

Execoh...........|03/25/13|01/15|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Cincinnati, OH

Legend:

Edited by KASH2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.