kay23

my i90 time frame

10 posts in this topic

I filed an i90 form because my date of birth was incorrect on my greencard. This is what I have so far

December 10 sent application via mail

December 14 application delivered

December 23 Email received that application was received and an receipt was emailed to me

January 1st 2016 Got an email that my biometrics appointment was scheduled

Took several days to get my receipt and biometrics appointment all together from time of filing my application. Will continue to update and feel free to ask any questions

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Commentary about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 1 month later...

Hello Kay,

My husband is in the process of getting his name changed. We filed the AOS in the wrong name, sent a letter a week later with the correction (I think they corrected it), but when it came time for us to change his name legally at the county court, it turns out that the state ran his background check in the wrong name! (Again with the wrong name!)

So I am trying to think ahead just in case his conditional GC is issued before his name change is completed. (It's been over a week and the state still hasn't decided on if they will run the background checks again!) Did you file the I-90 electronically or on paper? If you filed electronically, how was that experience? I came across an article some months ago that was criticizing the USCIS for being so paper-based and how their efforts to provide "electronic filing" failed dramatically. It gave examples of some people's I-90 e-filed form being lost.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

Signature coming soon...

Hi I did paper application and sent it by mail. I did my finger on January 21st 2016. Now I am just waiting for the card production email or mail to actually get the card. Front the time I sent in the application right up to doing my fingerprint it only took about 3 weeks of processing. Guess now it's just the waiting game of the card arriving in the mail

I did not choose the e filing as I would still need to send back the incorrect green card to them by mail so I just did one thing and sent everything by mail

• 1 month later...

Well it turns out for us, my husband's EAD/AP had an RFE for the name change issue. We had mailed the USCIS a letter with copies of the NOA's asking for his name to be corrected, but I suppose they ignored that one. We responded to the RFE and they issued his EAD/AP in his then legal name. My husband's GC was approved a week or so after his EAD and we legally changed his name a few days later. (His name change took two months longer than it should have...long story...) Well, the GC was issued in the original (wrong) name on his petition - with my last name.

So we are going to think about filing the I-90 soon too. We may wait a while because we need to change his name on the DL, SSN and still get the Form I-551 stamp. There's a lot to do! I'm wondering if we can ask them to correct their error, but they would probably issue the card in his old legal name, but it may be worthwhile to pay the fee to get it in his new name? I don't know, but I am definitely tracking your progress to see what kind of wait we may face!!

Signature coming soon...

We had problems at the SSA office. We managed to change my husband's TX DL to his new name, but because the GC doesn't match his former or new name, we couldn't change his name on his SSA card.

Therefore, if you don't mind, kay23, I will join you on this thread! :) I figured we should e-file ours since we are eligible to and that will give us some time to get an I-551 stamp in his passport before we send it back. I don't know if e-filing the form is going to be any faster, but I suppose it won't! Lol!

I started the application on March 28th, but couldn't upload the evidence from that computer. I was able to today March 29th and completely submitted the petition. The case number says that our case was received on March 28th, so that's a little confusing. But I will log March 28th as the beginning.

We are asking for the GC to be corrected in his old legal name as the one we, well I, submitted the petition in was not his proper legal name. So while his GC was issued in the name that the petition had originally, we had sent two subsequent letters asking for this to be changed - one of which was a response to an RFE. They should have changed his name earlier. If they don't accept that they made an error, we will re-submit and shell out $450 to get a new GC in his new legal name. Roll the dice!

Signature coming soon...

• 1 month later...

Hello Kay,

To update this thread with our situation:

May 11, 2016 - Received NOA (Day 45)

May 13, 2016 - Received biometrics letter dated May 14, 2016 (Day 47)

May 19, 2016 - Field office appointment (Day 53)

June 2, 2016 - Biometric appointment (Day 67)

So we have some biometrics movement, but we tried to get my husband his SSA card in the name on his GC until we can get everything fixed. Because of this name issue, he can't get FAFSA, and our expedite request was expediently denied because they have too many requests. Well, SSA said that USCIS has his last name on record as "ULLAH", which doesn't match his GC at all! We have an InfoPass sch'd this week to try to sort this out!

Signature coming soon...

We couldn't make the biometric appointment last week. We got there, but my husband's driving test was that day too, so we had to skip the InfoPass, schedule a new one, then drove to the other side of town. That was a rather disappointing day for us because we didn't get anything done. But when we got home, we had a letter in the mail saying that his new SSN card was coming! The USCIS had fixed his last name! *Kinda* So we went an corrected his FAFSA.

So we sent a letter rescinding his Form I-90 and it was delivered today. I don't know how long it will take them to process it, but we won't attend the biometric appointment on June 6th, so that should kick the application out anyway. After that one is closed, then we will file a new Form I-90 and pay for a new GC in his legal name.

It's funny how getting his name wrong was way more fast than getting his name right!

Signature coming soon...

I couldn't remember my password hence no update.

But I did got my green card last month end so it basically took me 3 plus months from filing the i90 to get it back.

Sometimes when you called uscis and ask what case they are working on and they say cases from months back so you think they case will never be looked at for a long time, it's not necessarily so. I called them and they told me they were still working on cases from July and mine was filed in December. And bam less than a month later I got my card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.