4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi Visajourneyerzzz

I am very thankful for this website and all the good advise my family has benefited from during the process of migration. i am now in the U.S and we had a beautiful wedding. trying to file for green card/EAD/AP now.

My spouse however is studying in Germany and is here for three month he will be going back there and will join me later. he had never filed for tax refund because he worked abroad in South Korea and now is a Student. However he has a loan and is a litlle above poverty line. His mum is our co-sponsor and we are filing the form at the moment. she sent me her tax refund files for visa application but unfortunately i didn't make any copies. tax services are on holidays and will be available jan 11 and the process takes a bit of time. we'd like to file without tax refund documents but we have pay stubs, employers letter and other bank documents. will that be detrimental?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Why didn't he file taxes when he worked abroad?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

in 2013 he was peace corp volunteer then worked as a teacher in South Korea for a year he paid taxes there, he is now a student. do you have to file for taxes even if you work and pay taxes in a different country?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yes you do. He need to get on that.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.