Jump to content

do i need Visitor visa to visit pakistan: by USC

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hiya folks im newbie on this website-i m a USA citizen, do i need a visa to visit my boyfriend in Pakistan?and if yes? how long it takes to get one & any process/ requirements for that?how long will be the visa like 6 months or less , i mean the validity

cheers and happy new year :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks , is this link everything how I'm gonna apply for visit visa?

Is this pakistani consulate only in Washington where I'm gonna apply for visit visa and or do they kinda have interview or just grant a visa after applying online.

if we planned to get marry on my visit trip to Pakistan , is it legal as I was on visit visa ,,sorry don't know the law over there

Moreover how can I registered a marriage there ,if we apply for a spouse visa ,what's the process for that.

Any one with spousal visa ,marrying a pakistani citizen please shed some light.

Edited by KathleenAli

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Happy New Year to you. To answer your questions, yes you will need a visa to visit Pakistan. The lengthy of visas vary from 1 month to 6 months( 6 months being you have up to 3 months to travel to Pakistan and once in Pakistan you will have 3 months to stay). I've applied for 2 visas in the USA ( and 2 extensions 1 year each as I used to live in Pakistan with my husband) from the embassy in the DC. It depends on what state you live in but the website will tell you where to send our application to.

The times that I have applied for the visa I was never asked to come for a interview. That was a few years ago and people are saying that its a bit more difficult to get a visa to Pakistan now. The first time I applied it was a visit visa to visit my fiancé (now husband). The second time I applied for a visit and marked family and on the visa it said family visa. But for now you would apply for a visit visa.

Yes you can get married on a visit visa. I believe where they put the NIC number on the nikah they just put my passport number. I know when I had our baby the hospital put my passport Number on all the paperwork.

To apply for a visit visa you should send more things than it says on the website. When I sent mine it sent the application, 4 passport pics, an invitation letter from him staying id be staying with his family and address and phone number, copy if his passport, copy of his NIC. When he writes the letter id have him refer to you as fiancé because I'm not are if they give visas to boyfriends and girlfriends. I also sent my flight itinerary.

They say it can take 4-6 weeks but all the times I applied I got my passport back within 10-14 days.

I don't think Pakistan have a spousal visa. Lived in Pakistan for almost 3 years and never get a spousal visa. What I did was each time my visa was about to expire I just went to get an extension in Islamabad. The extensions are good for a year ( at least mine were).

You register the nikah in the union council or CANTT board. Depending on when you live.

If you have any other questions just message me! Good luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi--I went to Pakistan and married my husband there this past October. He owns a tour company, so I applied for a tourist visa. They sent it back, saying I needed a letter of invitation. My hubby said in all his years of taking tourists around, they had never had to have a letter of invitation. This was summer, and I didn't have enough time to reapply. So, I reapplied my next break (I'm a teacher), this time sending a letter of invitation. This time I got my visa, which was only good for 30 days. We got married there, but it's hard if you are not a Muslim. It took me a solid 6 weeks to get my visa, which was issued from Washington, DC, as I live in TN. My husband says now he can apply for a spousal visa for me, but I'm not sure the number of years it is good for, I think at least 3. It takes a while to get papers translated there, etc. We are just now getting ready to apply for our CR1. Hope this helps...good luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.