masterplots

I - 864 Affidavit of Support for interview

3 posts in this topic

Timeline

I was curious about the I - 864 Affidavit of Support when my wife goes to Guangzhou for her visa interview. The forms have already been completed and sent. Shouldn't this already be included in the packet? Do I have to do these again and send them to my wife, or will this be included in the packet at her physical?

Thank you

Tom

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you have completed and submitted them, then she does not 'NEED" to have another set of the filled forms (esp not for medical). Although, for safety measures, ask her to bring a copy of them anyway (including your tax returns).

Edited by wealtz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I would encourage you to have your wife take the AOS form with her along with all the supporting documents, and updated supporting documents. For example, your 06 W2's and tax return, and the most recent last 3 months of paystubs.. an updated bank statement or letter of employment if you had orignally submited that.

I just received the letter from the NVC confirming they had sent my wife's case to the consulate. On that letter, it clearly stated that my wife should bring an UPDATED AOS and supporting documents.

Good luck.

08/06/06 - Married in India 3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_india_2fawm.gif

------------------------------------USCIS - CSS-----------------------------------------

09/09/06 - Submited I-130

09/19/06 - NOA1

11/27/06 - NOA2 - Approval

----------------------------------------NVC------------------------------------------------

12/07/06 - NVC Received and Case # Assigned

12/18/06 - AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032generated

12/19/06 - E-mail DS-3032 Choice of Agent to NVC

12/20/06 - AOS Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

12/22/06 - DS-3032 Choice of Agent Accepted (received e-mail conformation from NVC)

12/25/06 - IV Fee Bill Generated by NVC

01/03/07 - ASO Application generated by NVC

01/06/07 - IV Fee Bill Received (snail mail)

01/08/07 - IV Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

01/12/07 - ASO Application received (snail mail)

01/13/07 - ASO I864-EZ application sent to NVC priority mail (3 day delivery)

01/15/07 - DS230 Generated

01/18/07 - DS230 sent to NVC - overnight delivery by USPS

01/26/07 - DS230 finally received 11 days after it was generated.. can anyone say snail mail..

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE AT NVC

02/28/07 - Case left NVC

03/03/07 - Case received at Mumbai Embassy

05/22/07 - Medical Interview Breach Candy Mumbai

05/24/07 - Interview date at Mumbai consulate - APPROVED!

06/02/07 - Mumbai - Paris - Atlanta - Charlotte. Departs June 1st 4.45am EST Arrives June 2nd 4.12pm EST

07/10/07 - Received Conditional Greencard. Still waiting on the SSN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.