4 posts in this topic

emblem_top2.gifusaflag.gif

Timeline:

01/31/07 - I-130 fedexed to California

02/01/07 - I-130 received by USCIS California

02/13/07 - received NOA1

04/10/07 - Petition approved (64 days)

04/17/07 - Received NOA2, petition on it's way to NVC

05/07/07 - Still nothing from NVC (those bums!)

----------

04/05/07 - Re-filed I-130 at Tokyo embassy with no problems! (didn't need to canx first petition)

04/12/07 - Petition at embassy is approved (7 days!)

04/16/07 - Received notice of approval from embassy, submitted interview request

04/17/07 - Received notice of interview, which will be May 7

05/07/07 - Had interview at embassy, visa approved!

05/08/07 - Passport with visa delivered!!!!

Dang, the Tokyo embassy is fast!

I wonder if this applies only to military persons, or civillians as well? It seems that indeed, DCF is coming back, at least for the military, so very good news to those it affects, and congratulations! For the rest of us, I don't know. I wish they would let us off the hook already and tell us what their plans are :wacko:

That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

Filed: Timeline

iluvmymac,

This may be good news for those who deal with consulates that were very strict about residency requirements before they would accept an I-130, it may be less good for those who deal with consulates that would accept an I-130 from visitors.

This item indicates that while DCF may be back, DCP is not. Processing will be done by the appropriate USCIS office (as determined by the USCIS), not by the consulate.

Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.