LookyWhatIFound

December 2015 I-130 Filers

1,437 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes I did read that story before Looky. But she was trying to tell me that someone told her that he could go on the cruise and re-enter with his state issued ID. I told her about Reggie's story, but she wanted my to ask for yalls opinion.

Yes I did read that story before Looky. But she was trying to tell me that someone told her that he could go on the cruise and re-enter with his state issued ID. I told her about Reggie's story, but she wanted my to ask for yalls opinion.

This state id - A US state? I don't know how can a tourist get a valid state ID?

The border control people can do whatever they feel like, that day.

I would ask this in a thread where anybody at VJ can respond to you. Like when you click on VJs Home button, you see people asking questions like this on the left column.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This state id - A US state? I don't know how can a tourist get a valid state ID?

The border control people can do whatever they feel like, that day.

I would ask this in a thread where anybody at VJ can respond to you. Like when you click on VJs Home button, you see people asking questions like this on the left column.

I just talked to her again Looky, she said an attorney told her that he use his Birth certificate to come back into the states off the cruise. I missed wrote he "DONT" have a ID from the states.

I just talked to her again Looky, she said an attorney told her that he use his Birth certificate to come back into the states off the cruise. I missed wrote he "DONT" have a ID from the states.

The birth certificate only states where, when and who he was born to. I don't know what that has to do with an expired tourist visa?

I would still ask this in a general section, the VJ moderators will move it to the right place. People on VJ tend not to trust lawyers. You would get better info from here cause there are a lot of people that know about these issues better than some immigration lawyers.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We are still waiting. I check the USCIS website everyday, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. It just has the "My Case Was Received" since December 17th.

And what is this phone number I keep reading people are calling for updates? When I called the number listed on the USCIS site it was just a series of merry-go-round recordings that didn't tell me anything that wasn't already on the site.

Also when I try to look up processing times for Nebraska Service Ctr. I-130 Spouse, it just says August 2nd, 2015. That's really encouraging.

Also when I try to look up processing times for Nebraska Service Ctr. I-130 Spouse, it just says August 2nd, 2015. That's really encouraging.

USCIS will officially quote a processing time much longer than it really is. If they told you what date they were really working on they would have too many phone calls.

Based on VJ members' data, Nebraska is currently processing October 8.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/times

If USCIS made that public, everyone with October 9 date would be on the phone to them tomorrow morning and they don't want that. So they officially post a date that shows they are within the 5 or 6-month timeframe. It is also possible that there are still some August files being processed that are more complex with multiple RFEs or something like that. Therefore they can say they are processing August when in reality they are much further.

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

We are still waiting. I check the USCIS website everyday, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. It just has the "My Case Was Received" since December 17th.

And what is this phone number I keep reading people are calling for updates? When I called the number listed on the USCIS site it was just a series of merry-go-round recordings that didn't tell me anything that wasn't already on the site.

Hi Kh yes the USCIS service center number is usually pretty useless. In certain special cases you can get them to do something for you from one of their 2nd tier offices, if you ask for one. But most of the time you only get the person who doesn't have access to your case. Like if you ask them your case status they'll tell you to call them 6 months after your NOA1 date.

Like JFH mentioned Nebraska's processing date in now October 8th. That means October 8 NOA1 date petitions with that JUST started to get processed. Which means that hopefully in 2 months December 8th NOA1s start getting processed.

Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

USCIS will officially quote a processing time much longer than it really is. If they told you what date they were really working on they would have too many phone calls.

Based on VJ members' data, Nebraska is currently processing October 8.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/times

If USCIS made that public, everyone with October 9 date would be on the phone to them tomorrow morning and they don't want that. So they officially post a date that shows they are within the 5 or 6-month timeframe. It is also possible that there are still some August files being processed that are more complex with multiple RFEs or something like that. Therefore they can say they are processing August when in reality they are much further.

Hi JFH, I've seen you around VJ before but didn't realize your petition was filed just this month. My wife is in England and actually that London consulate part of the process worries me more than the USCIS part. She's only been in England for about 3 years now. She and I have spent a couple days in London, but the part about catching a train from Bristol to Paddington and figuring out the underground to get to the the places can be a little nerve racking, especially the first time you do it! :D

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Hi JFH, I've seen you around VJ before but didn't realize your petition was filed just this month. My wife is in England and actually that London consulate part of the process worries me more than the USCIS part. She's only been in England for about 3 years now. She and I have spent a couple days in London, but the part about catching a train from Bristol to Paddington and figuring out the underground to get to the the places can be a little nerve racking, especially the first time you do it! :D

We almost did K-1 a few years ago so you may have seen me then. But when we realised I wouldn't be able to work for many months it was ruled out and we got married and are doing CR-1.

I'm nervous about the London embassy too and I used to live and work in London! But the reports from other UK members are that the embassy here is very easygoing and nothing to be worried about.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

We almost did K-1 a few years ago so you may have seen me then. But when we realised I wouldn't be able to work for many months it was ruled out and we got married and are doing CR-1.

I'm nervous about the London embassy too and I used to live and work in London! But the reports from other UK members are that the embassy here is very easygoing and nothing to be worried about.

Oh ok, yes it could have been from back then. Probably nervous wasn't the right word, just for me everything here is easy just take your car. A couple years ago we wanted to take her dog with us to some bed and breakfast somewhere close to London, OMG avoiding the underground meant taking a train, then bus and then another train, and most of the stations we'd never been to before. Add to it we did it on a Sunday (oops!) where the ticket office is closed so we couldn't ask. Nearly missed the next train cause we couldn't find the bus stop for that bus. Luckily there we spotted some Taxi's and got one just in time to get to the train station. I could keep going but you've got the picture! Anyway this kind of thing has happened to us so many times. So that's what makes me a little worried! :D But anyway had some practice by now so we would be comfortable enough to get to the interview!

Yes as far as the actual interview I've only read good things. Just its probably a good idea to go, once beforehand (for she and I anyway) to the place where the Medical is, and they talk about a shop where you can lock your stuff before you get to the interview. I think I read somewhere that its near the Broad street subway stop, at least for the medical.

Anyway if I run into something like that in the future where I'm not sure of how to get there, I hope you don't mind if I ask.

Thanks!

Looky

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

IV application form (DS-260) completed. Total pain especially if you have moved address a bunch of times and have had numerous employers in your life (as i have had!) :P Took me like 2 hours start to finish

IV application form (DS-260) completed. Total pain especially if you have moved address a bunch of times and have had numerous employers in your life (as i have had!) :P Took me like 2 hours start to finish

That was the big one and if you got the i-164 done the rest should be a breeze.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

That was the big one and if you got the i-164 done the rest should be a breeze.

AOS will be a challenge for us as my wife's hasn't filed tax returns since moving to ireland and we will need assistance from my mother in law.

Working on my documents now trying to sort a police statement :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.