LookyWhatIFound

December 2015 I-130 Filers

1,437 posts in this topic

Well for your husband his A# would still be on his USC naturalization certificate. I checked my NOA1 again and the A# is next to the I-130 Petitioner. So that would be me. But then are you sure that A# is the same one on the NOA2, for you the beneficiary?

Ok so I guess they just figure its getting sent to wherever the beneficiary lives.

P.S. There should be 2 columns on the NOA2, one for the petitioners A# and one for the beneficiaries A#.

Thanks Deedah!

Looky, I asked my husband to check his certificate. True enough,the A# in his certificate matched the A# in our NOA1 and NOA2. It is his A# and not mine :rofl:

In our NOA2 under the Beneficiary box, only my name is written and no A#, why is that? Should I be worried? :cry:

NOTHING WORTH HAVING EVER COMES EASY

Spoiler

My husband's N-400 Application

July 7, 2015 - Mailed N-400

July 16, 2015 - Money order cashed

July 21, 2015 – NOA

Aug 13, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment

Aug 17, 2015 - In line for interview

Oct 5, 2015 - Interview letter received

Nov 9, 2015 - Interview date

Nov 25, 2015 - Oath Taking My husband is now a US citizen!

OUR I-130 JOURNEY:

Dec 7, 2015 - I-130 petition sent to Phoenix, AZ

Dec 9, 2015 - Petition delivered

Dec 11, 2015 - NOA1 notice date

Dec 18, 2015 - NOA1 hardcopy (Nebraska Service Center)

Jan 21, 2016 - NOA2 received via email [41 days from NOA1]

Jan 29, 2016 - NOA2 hardcopy received & online status changed to "Case was sent to the Dept. of State"

Feb 16, 2016 - Case number and IIN assigned

Removal of Conditions (I-751):

May 11, 2018 - Filed I-751

Jun 8, 2018 - NOA Date

Jun 12, 2018 - Check cashed

Jun 14, 2018 - NOA received in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi guys

Let me introduce myself and my situation to you.

I am Irish and my wife is a US citizen
We are married since 2012 and live in Dublin with our infant daughter (also US citizen)
We submitted our I-130 in December and it was approved on 13th January 2016.

We have a WAC number so I guess it's being processed in California.

I guess at this point we are waiting for NOA2.

Hopefully it won't take too long :(

Glad to have found people in similar situation, will need your support over this coming year and this gruelling process!

Timeline

Hi guys

Let me introduce myself and my situation to you.

I am Irish and my wife is a US citizen

We are married since 2012 and live in Dublin with our infant daughter (also US citizen)

We submitted our I-130 in December and it was approved on 13th January 2016.

We have a WAC number so I guess it's being processed in California.

I guess at this point we are waiting for NOA2.

Hopefully it won't take too long :(

Glad to have found people in similar situation, will need your support over this coming year and this gruelling process!

I'm in a similar situation myself, Irish, USC wife (except married only last year and no kids!). When you say it was approved, do you mean it was just accepted at the lockbox or actually approved by USCIS?

I ask because if it was approved you might want to think about ringing NVC. My I-130 was approved 6 Jan via CSC and I rang NVC about a week ago and they were able to tell my case number and invoice number over the phone. I'd say you should give them a shout also as you are about a month out from I-130 approval like I was (assuming we are talking about the same thing here).

That reminds me, I really need to complete my agent choice form this week!

Timeline

I'm in a similar situation myself, Irish, USC wife (except married only last year and no kids!). When you say it was approved, do you mean it was just accepted at the lockbox or actually approved by USCIS?

I ask because if it was approved you might want to think about ringing NVC. My I-130 was approved 6 Jan via CSC and I rang NVC about a week ago and they were able to tell my case number and invoice number over the phone. I'd say you should give them a shout also as you are about a month out from I-130 approval like I was (assuming we are talking about the same thing here).

That reminds me, I really need to complete my agent choice form this week!

Hey mate, appreciate your reply. we seem to be in a very similar boat!

last comms i Have is from 13/01/2016:

On January 13, 2016, we approved your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXX. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I guess this means we are waiting for NOA2 right? I am still getting used to all the related terminology here apologies!

What number did you ring at NVC and how long did it take to get through? What should I be asking them for?

Looky, I asked my husband to check his certificate. True enough,the A# in his certificate matched the A# in our NOA1 and NOA2. It is his A# and not mine :rofl:

In our NOA2 under the Beneficiary box, only my name is written and no A#, why is that? Should I be worried? :cry:

Really we need somebody else to chime in and tell us whether they have an A# in the beneficiary box of the NOA2​. I don't know if the process has changed and they you it at a later or you need to contact USCIS about it.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Hey mate, appreciate your reply. we seem to be in a very similar boat!

last comms i Have is from 13/01/2016:

On January 13, 2016, we approved your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXX. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I guess this means we are waiting for NOA2 right? I am still getting used to all the related terminology here apologies!

What number did you ring at NVC and how long did it take to get through? What should I be asking them for?

Hi Dub42, it seems to me congratulations could be in order! If this was an NOA1 your status would have only said 'Case was Received'. But it says they approved your case so that would be NOA2. But since I haven't got NOA2 yet, I cannot verify that that's the wording, but I imagine it is!

I would think you would have got NOA1 in the mail already and should get NOA2 soon. But then I don't know how long it takes to get mail there. But what RJS7 said, call NVC for your case.

When you call NVC ask them if they have your case, they'll probably ask for both your names and birth dates and maybe your USCIS receipt number. NVC number is 603-334-0700, live people only during 8 - 12:30 EST time.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Hi Dub42, it seems to me congratulations could be in order! If this was an NOA1 your status would have only said 'Case was Received'. But it says they approved your case so that would be NOA2. But since I haven't got NOA2 yet, I cannot verify that that's the wording, but I imagine it is!

I would think you would have got NOA1 in the mail already and should get NOA2 soon. But then I don't know how long it takes to get mail there. But what RJS7 said, call NVC for your case.

When you call NVC ask them if they have your case, they'll probably ask for both your names and birth dates and maybe your USCIS receipt number. NVC number is 603-334-0700, live people only during 8 - 12:30 EST time.

Hi Looky!

Aw thanks for clarifying this for me, we got the letter also to confirm this status. The letter said that I (the benefactor) just receive further communication. This is the "welcome pack" right? Where then i can logon to a secure portal and make some payments, select my agent etc?

Thanks for your help on this, you guys are rockstars ;)

Hi Looky!

Aw thanks for clarifying this for me, we got the letter also to confirm this status. The letter said that I (the benefactor) just receive further communication. This is the "welcome pack" right? Where then i can logon to a secure portal and make some payments, select my agent etc?

Well not really rockstars (speaking only for myself :) ) just passing the time!

I haven't got to that stage so I can't really say what the packet is called, but that sounds good to me!

But here is a good VJ guide that tells you all you have to do including very good examples. Basically its in the IR1/CR1 VJ section, NVC Guide and then click the link for the updated guide, which leads you to where the link below takes you to, just in case you want to know how to navigate your way to it.

I read it yesterday to get myself ready for when I get NOA2.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

P.S. by the way in that link do click some of the little square links, like for DS-60 and 61 examples cause it takes you step by step through the online form.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Hi Looky!

Just on lunch break here. Yes you should receive your NOA2 in the post but that shouldn't hold you back. You can still ring NVC once you have your USCIS case number, petitioner & beneficiary names and birth dates. All of this should be on NOA1.

I think Looky posted the link but quick Google and you'll find the phone number in any event. There is a specific VJ guide to the NVC process. I'm on my phone so don't have link handy but look in the Guides section.

PS it only took me about 5 minutes to get the info down the phone from NVC and the guy on the phone was helpful. I rang at about 8pm Irish time on a Monday.

Edited by RJS7

Timeline

Really we need somebody else to chime in and tell us whether they have an A# in the beneficiary box of the NOA2​. I don't know if the process has changed and they you it at a later or you need to contact USCIS about it.

I'll have a look at mine this evening.

Timeline

Just on lunch break here. Yes you should receive your NOA2 in the post but that shouldn't hold you back. You can still ring NVC once you have your USCIS case number, petitioner & beneficiary names and birth dates. All of this should be on NOA1.

I think Looky posted the link but quick Google and you'll find the phone number in any event. There is a specific VJ guide to the NVC process. I'm on my phone so don't have link handy but look in the Guides section.

PS it only took me about 5 minutes to get the info down the phone from NVC and the guy on the phone was helpful. I rang at about 8pm Irish time on a Monday.

Yep i got it in the post in mid January. Ill give them a ring later today. So i need to ask them for a NVC number right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on your petition approval, dub42! I see you're in Michigan as well...that's where I'll be emigrating to. Ann Arbor, specifically.

Welcome to VisaJourney as well!

Edited by JlovesA

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.