1,055 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello !

I have been reading posts on this forum for few months. I see Sandra is doing great service to whoever is in need.

Salute to her !!

I am planning to file VAWA soon.

Please ignore if you find my questions too stupid or something...

I'll start with...

- How much currently its taking to get VAWA approved (if all goes well)

- After application file, when one gets EAD?

I need to support myself ASAP. Whats the quick way to get EAD in VAWA.

Thanks in advance !

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello VWhope2016. Welcome to VAWA forum. If all goes well, VAWA I-360 approval should be within 5 months assuming there is no Request for Evidence (RFE).

EAD approval should be within 3 months. The fastest way to get EAD is by contacting USCIS by phone after they confirmed receipt of your application and request for expedited processing.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcf9z204j82M-512VJnv

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter12.html

Edited by houston8

Thanks for quick response !

My application is based on Mental abuse/torture.

I talked to couple of attorneys. Its big difference in their fee. For ex one asking 4K other is asking 1K.

Any suggestions for good attorney? Recommendations...

How to choose right attorney for VAWA?

Edited by VWhope2016

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sandranj please i need your help. I came in the country in september 2013 on fiancee visa and married my ex wife 2 weeks later. She started abusing me after a month. We filed my i485 in december 2013. In january, she was physically assaulting me and she called the cops om me and they came and arrested her instead and she went to jail. They released her later because i didnt press charges. In june 2014 i filed vawa and asked they to transfer i485 eligibility to vawa. They didnt approve my case till after one year and 3 months. In october 2015 my vawa was approved and they sent me notice that they will inform me when action is taken my i485. This is 5 months now and no word from them. I always renew my EAD under C9. I have had 8 infopass appointment and am certain that even the immigration officers dont know the real issues. They told me that my i485 is in NBC since November as a vawa entry. They also advise me to file a new form because they believe from experience that my i485 is abandoned. Sandra please advise me on what to do. Should i keep waiting or should i file new i485? Anyone with same experience pls help

Edited by Vawaonehi

Timeline

HOPEHOLDER You have to submit to USCIS form l824(follow-to join-benefits) to bring your kids to live in the USA. The l824 is taking 6/8months to be adjudicated.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for quick response !

My application is based on Mental abuse/torture.

I talked to couple of attorneys. Its big difference in their fee. For ex one asking 4K other is asking 1K.

Any suggestions for good attorney? Recommendations...

How to choose right attorney for VAWA?

4K is a little high but it's not bad, 1k seems very low! To select a good attorney, you have research the attorney, check the attorneys track record, how long he/she has been an immigration lawyer, if he/she has a clean record with the bar association, and simply ask the attorney questions. What city are you in?

Timeline

They told me that my i485 is in NBC since November as a vawa entry. They also advise me to file a new form because they believe from experience that my i485 is abandoned. Should i keep waiting or should i file new i485? Anyone with same experience pls help

When you say that "they" advised you to file a new I-485, who are "they" ?

My complicated file took 16 months to move from Vermont to my local office, yours should be moving soon. You can wait a bit more or if you want you can contact the USCIS ombudsman https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx

and let them know about the situation, they were very helpful with my case.

Timeline

They (d immigration officers at the houston local office) said from their experience the form may never move forward and i may file a new one. But they seem confused abt it anyway. I think these immigration offices lack same level of competence and training. However, i am more worried cos i am not hearing anyword from uscis, i dont kno if they need me to redo my biometrics and i dont know how long more i got to wait.

However, i have applied to to ombudsman for assistance. Will they contact me now? Such a painful experience.

Timeline

They (d immigration officers at the houston local office)

However, i have applied to to ombudsman for assistance. Will they contact me now? Such a painful experience.

The ombudsman will take care of it for you but you will have to be patient, not much happens over night with USCIS. The ombudsman will send you an email and/or contact you as soon as possible. It might take a bit of time for your case to be assigned to an ombudsman analyst but once it is assigned, things will be moving. Hang in there !

Timeline

Thank u. I ELECTRONICALLY signed and submitted the form DHS 7001. I hope that is acceptable for VAWA. Do i need to physically signed it with a pen and then upload it to submit it electronically or i did the right thing already. Pls tell me

4K is a little high but it's not bad, 1k seems very low! To select a good attorney, you have research the attorney, check the attorneys track record, how long he/she has been an immigration lawyer, if he/she has a clean record with the bar association, and simply ask the attorney questions. What city are you in?

Thanks !

I am in Dallas TX.

How to get docs for Good Moral character? I think I need to contact Police stations of all place I lived. Right?

It seems that'll take long time...Any way to expedite it?

Edited by VWhope2016

VWHOPE2O16 you said your VAWA was approved, why are you looking to obtain a police clearance? you should contact the Police station in every place you lived in the USA.

No sandra...You might confused my name with somebody else.

I am planning to apply VAWA.

How to reach to all police stations...I mean email, certified mail or personal visit...And what I need to get from them..Any form or something?

Edited by VWhope2016

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello VWhope2016,

For VAWA, you will need to obtain police report for the last 3 years (36 months) in the places you have lived. USCIS did not accept the local police report that I got from Houston Police local office. They instead suggested that I got a Texas state police report. In case you cannot get police report in the places you lived from the last 3 years, you need to explain to USCIS why that is not possible. Find below how to get a Texas State police clearance online. I assume you are in Dallas.

1. SCHEDULING YOUR FINGERPRINT APPOINTMENT:

· Fingerprint Applicant Services of Texas (FAST) are available by scheduling an appointment on-line at https://tx.ibtfingerprint.com/?a=UEPDeepLink〈=EN or by calling 1-88-467-2080.

· When Scheduling Online:

a) Select All Others.

b) Select Option A – Electronic Submission.

c) Select NO, I do not have a FAST Fingerprint Pass.

d) Select from the list the reason you are requesting a copy of Criminal History Record Information.

e) Enter the Designated Recipient’s Information.

f) Follow the prompts to enter requested information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.