Dima_April

To Visit or Not to Visit the USA With a Pending K1

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

1. Nobody is guaranteed entry.

2. So? Even if it is true which I doubt.

#2 So? I feel like we are going to be judged poorly and I worry. Simple as that.

I've been told that they look at women who try to bring a foreign fiance over more harshly, that we are being taken advantage of. Could not be more wrong! He's never asked for anything and honestly, he has the better job.

I've been told that they US government looks at Russia, in a harsh light because of the sanctions and what's going on with the Ukraine, at the moment.

I don't make the poverty guidelines exactly, but I've been told by every lawyer under the sun, that they think I have enough with what is in my bank account and the fact that I own my home, no mortgage..but there's still a chance I might need a co sponsor b/c the new job doesn't pay high enough. There's a lot of discrepancy - which way to turn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You were asking about visiting and now seem to have moved on.

I have seen nothing t suggest that it is difficult going through Russia due to political reasons, Ukraine is hardly new.

Others can also no doubt comment.

Not sure what the ratio is for Russia, certainly get the impression most are male USC's. I do not know your full case, are you significantly older?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You were asking about visiting and now seem to have moved on.

I have seen nothing t suggest that it is difficult going through Russia due to political reasons, Ukraine is hardly new.

Others can also no doubt comment.

Not sure what the ratio is for Russia, certainly get the impression most are male USC's. I do not know your full case, are you significantly older?

Not sure how to pick out a quote on this site, so sorry about quoting the entire message.

In regards to age, we are both in our 40s and I am 4 years older than he. Although, I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Timeline

Boiler, I just looked at your profile. You are 15 years old? Why are you commenting on topics that regard marriage? In all do respect, this is probably an area of immigration you should not comment on, b/c you have no idea what it is about. You are not of legal age.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I was 15 years old, a long time ago. There is a limit on what I will share, different sites different DOB, I would have deleted it but the VJ system was not cooperative.

I really do not see you have any issues, now anybody can find something to worry about.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance, was going to visit me for Christmas. We had complications with a lawyer, who is now terminated. I was looking for a new lawyer (undecided about that, after the last one), and in the process, one warned me about a visit during a pending K1 visa. She said, that there was a possibility, that they would send him right back home and a denial would be stamped in his passport.

It's possible but if he has already obtained a valid visitor's visa, then he should be good to go. Used to be that very few Russian individuals were given visitor's visas, but in the past few years this has changed a bit.

Even worse, if someone wanted to be a jerk, they could not only deny him, but bar him from the country for x number of years.

No one can do that unless he did something to deserve it.

I can't make it to him, b/c of work and finances. My question is, has anyone heard of someone being denied and then later having trouble or even the worse case scenario?

Denials for past visa petitions will not affect the K-1 process.

Also, I don't have a passport. Will this be a problem for the CO, when it comes time for the interview?

You don't need to attend his interview but everyone really should have a passport. Good insurance just in case.

#2 So? I feel like we are going to be judged poorly and I worry. Simple as that.

I've been told that they look at women who try to bring a foreign fiance over more harshly, that we are being taken advantage of. Could not be more wrong! He's never asked for anything and honestly, he has the better job.

I wouldn't worry about that.

I've been told that they US government looks at Russia, in a harsh light because of the sanctions and what's going on with the Ukraine, at the moment.

Unless you are petitioning for the Russian Supreme Commander, I don't think he will be judged any differently.

I don't make the poverty guidelines exactly, but I've been told by every lawyer under the sun, that they think I have enough with what is in my bank account and the fact that I own my home, no mortgage..but there's still a chance I might need a co sponsor b/c the new job doesn't pay high enough. There's a lot of discrepancy - which way to turn.

I"ve already commented on this.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.