1,321 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I received a status update July 22nd for an interview on August 23rd. I still have no letter in the mail for the appoint time/place? should i call some on USIC or local office help please, it says if u don't receive a letter by August 21 request a new one….. how will i do that and still get it in time for the interview2 days later??????? Does anyone have any suggestions, this sucks I'm going on a trip this week for a few days i don't want to have to worry about one more thing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good luck to any other November filers still waiting, hope we are all approved very soon. :thumbs:

:dancing::dancing::dancing: Congratulations Chas!! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

I've sent my letters to the Congressman and Senators, now waiting and hoping they can do something to help.

On a brighter note, I filed my Advance Parole on the 25th July, and it has already been approved and arrived on Saturday :D

If only everything could have been this quick!

Filed: Timeline

Thinking of scheduling an infopass - short version is we moved to LA back in February and they finally updated our case history to show that they processed that. IF they moved us to LA then we are way outside normal processing times and wondering if anyone can tell me more about how an infopass appointment works?

We have the saem issue. Moved to LA, past the LA processing timeline now, but case is still with NBC.

USCIS website finally let me submit and online case inquiry. Other than that, no idea what to do.

So, does your move to LA is somehow updated on your online USCIS account too? We only received a letter in the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We have the saem issue. Moved to LA, past the LA processing timeline now, but case is still with NBC.

USCIS website finally let me submit and online case inquiry. Other than that, no idea what to do.

So, does your move to LA is somehow updated on your online USCIS account too? We only received a letter in the mail.

I'm so sorry you're going through this too - but glad to know it's not just us! It SAYS that they sent a response to the change of address request but we never received it. And it doesn't show on the USCIS app only on the online Case Status Checker under Case History.

Adjusting status from F-1 to Permanent Resident. Married since July 06, 2015.

2015-11-03 Date Filed

2015-11-05 NOA1 Received

2015-12-04 Bio Appt

2015-12-31 Interview ready to be scheduled.

2016-01-15 EAD Approved

2016-01-26 EAD/AP Received

2016-08-12 Interview Scheduled for September 13th, 2016

Filed: Timeline

I'm so sorry you're going through this too - but glad to know it's not just us! It SAYS that they sent a response to the change of address request but we never received it. And it doesn't show on the USCIS app only on the online Case Status Checker under Case History.

How frustrating.

I emailed our senator yesterday. And will do an infopass when they have an opening.

It's good that you can see that update on your online case checker! Means that they didn't lose anything!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Having your case at NBC or other service center besides your local center means most likely you will be approved without interview from what I have seen so far from others.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm hoping that is what is happening with mine, but it would be nice to get some sort of confirmation :(

My service request has been open since mid-June.

Is it worth opening a second one? The lady I spoke to last time said I could, but I would go back to the end of the queue, as they do them in date order so it seemed pointless

Still waiting! :cry::cry:

I filed a service request and got a reply on 7/23/16. That my case is awaiting an interview. To wait 90 days and If I'm not contacted

by my local uscis office to contact customer service.

:ranting:

Please say a little prayer for us... I didn't file for the work permit because we were told the wait would be less then 4-5 months.

It's going on 10 months now. :crying::crying:

AOS Journey(I-130, I-485)

Packet Sent: 11-03-2015 (9:47 am)

Packet Received: 11-07-2015 (9:07am)

Confirmation Texts & Emails: 11-17-2015 (11:21 pm)

Received NOA Letters 1 & 2: 11-21-2015

Biometrics Appointment Letter: 11-27-2015 received. (Scheduled 12/10/15 10:00am)

Biometrics Completed: 12-04-2015. (Walk-in, took less than 10 minutes!)

Latest update on my case/ approval. Got texts and emails today, logged into my USCIS online and this is where I am at:

Card Was Mailed To Me

On August 10, 2016, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number MSC*********, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by September 9, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Fingers crossed that I will get the green card in my hand, finally, in just a few days.

Oddly, the first USCIS emails I received since my EAD/ AP approval back in January, came in the past 24 hours. The first telling me that my case was approved, the second telling me that my card was mailed to me. Yet last Friday (5th August) I received 2 x texts, the first telling me that "New Card is being produced", then followed by a second stating "Case approved". My online case status had been updated to match, but I never received emails despite being signed up to receive them AND texts. A bit odd that I did receive them today with the texts, but not last week.

Regardless, the timing is good if I really do get my green card in the next few days. I passed my driving test the other week, and the DMV were kind enough to let me wait for my green card to be issued before issuing my driving licence. That means I will get an 8 year licence with my green card instead of a 6 month licence if they had to go by my EAD/ AP card. After 6 months I would have to renew it at the full cost again.

Things are looking up and finally going my way! When I'm back from the UK I will have my full green card and full FL driving licence. And all my property should be shipping its way over from the UK to the USA. I will finally feel that I am fully immigrated, and part, of the USA :dancing:

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Received my "Welcome to the United States of America" letter today. On the same date as our first anniversary of being married!

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

San Diegans!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Last night, the processing status for the month changed to 'November 13, 2015.' My NOA2 date is November 5th, 2015. I had planned to check on that today and begin the inquiry process.

This morning, at 4 AM, I received a text and email that my interview has been scheduled for September.

So hang in there - it's coming for you too - if it hasn't already!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

San Diegans!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Last night, the processing status for the month changed to 'November 13, 2015.' My NOA2 date is November 5th, 2015. I had planned to check on that today and begin the inquiry process.

This morning, at 4 AM, I received a text and email that my interview has been scheduled for September.

So hang in there - it's coming for you too - if it hasn't already!

Yes!! Congrats!! September 13th for me! I :D FINALLY! It's happening haha!

Adjusting status from F-1 to Permanent Resident. Married since July 06, 2015.

2015-11-03 Date Filed

2015-11-05 NOA1 Received

2015-12-04 Bio Appt

2015-12-31 Interview ready to be scheduled.

2016-01-15 EAD Approved

2016-01-26 EAD/AP Received

2016-08-12 Interview Scheduled for September 13th, 2016

Today (Friday August 12th), I received another text telling me that my card has been delivered. I was out with my sister and nieces, and checking our mail box upon getting home, there it was. A Priority delivery envelope from the USCIS. Opening it with reserved excitement, there inside was that card that seemed would never come.

My permanent residency card is now in my hands. I can still hardly believe it! No more dealing with USCIS again for almost two years! I am, however, going to be contacting the Ombudsman regarding the RFE asking for a complete new medical... For now, I'm just relieved to finally have got to the end of this process.

Wishing most positive thoughts for all other November 2015 filers who are still waiting. And for those that have had no updates since last year, especially if USCIS can't tell you where you case currently is, I encourage you to contact your local Congressman/ Senator. I'm sure that will help speed things up as I strongly suspected it did in my case.

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Today (Friday August 12th), I received another text telling me that my card has been delivered. I was out with my sister and nieces, and checking our mail box upon getting home, there it was. A Priority delivery envelope from the USCIS. Opening it with reserved excitement, there inside was that card that seemed would never come.

My permanent residency card is now in my hands. I can still hardly believe it! No more dealing with USCIS again for almost two years! I am, however, going to be contacting the Ombudsman regarding the RFE asking for a complete new medical... For now, I'm just relieved to finally have got to the end of this process.

Wishing most positive thoughts for all other November 2015 filers who are still waiting. And for those that have had no updates since last year, especially if USCIS can't tell you where you case currently is, I encourage you to contact your local Congressman/ Senator. I'm sure that will help speed things up as I strongly suspected it did in my case.

Congrats Chas! Enjoy life now for a while and relax in peace until you have to dive into the USCIS hell hole again. :dance::dance:

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Congrats Chas! Enjoy life now for a while and relax in peace until you have to dive into the USCIS hell hole again. :dance::dance:

Cheers Yuna! So glad that we've made it through the process and can now get on with our lives without this hanging over our heads. Nice to see that some of us who started out around similar times on the K1 Visa thread all those months ago have managed to get our green cards at roughly the same time (give or take a couple of months).

Glad for us that we're done with the USCIS hell hole until ROC in a couple of years. Wishing everyone else still waiting a speedy and successful outcome - you'll get there eventually!

And Yuna, if you and your hubby are ever down west central Florida way, stop in and say hi! You're welcome to be our guests! :thumbs:

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.