1,321 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!! What a quick process ✨✨??????

Are you still waiting for the biometrics app???

Have you call to USCIS about that??

Yeah, still waiting.. I called USCIS last week so they're aware they messed up. Joys of immigration lol

4/21/2016 - Got green card! :) No immigration worries til 2018!

Hi. First time to comment in this section. :)

Nov 18. Mailed my AOS package

Nov 23. Received by uscis

Dec 21. Fingerprint appointment

Jan 19. Received letter that I need to do

Fingerprint again(!). Fbi couldnt read

My prints! :(

Jan 26. Fingerprint appointment (part 2)

One month wasted...:(

So I checked the service request online and it went from service request was assigned to service request was completed, but the status still says case was received on november 5. Anyone know if this means EAD is on its way?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi. First time to comment in this section. :)

Nov 18. Mailed my AOS package

Nov 23. Received by uscis

Dec 21. Fingerprint appointment

Jan 19. Received letter that I need to do

Fingerprint again(!). Fbi couldnt read

My prints! :(

Jan 26. Fingerprint appointment (part 2)

One month wasted...:(

Hi Rona1979

I had the same problem. I just did a walk-in to redo the fingerprints. Maybe try that to have it at least a little faster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

On January 20, 2016, we scheduled you for your interview and mailed you an interview notice for Receipt Number MSC169xxxxxx Your interview is on February 23, 2016. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your interview notice by February 19, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I woke up this morning to find this notification. I am happy that I will be in the interview soon, though I was hoping I was not going to need an interview since I have been married for over 3 years. But oh well! I guess not matter how long I have been married for, I have to prove that my union is legitimate. I hope my daughter makes a strong case.

My EAD like many of your cases, its still pending in the initial notification. I am hoping that in the next upcoming days it will get approved and sent to me, I really need it!

Hoping everyone will get their cases updated soon!

My Story and Timeline

Nov 9/15- AOS 485, EAD 765, I-130 Filed and Mailed
Nov 12/15- Case received and Receipts sent
Nov 18/15- Receipts received in Mail with #
Nov 20/15- Biometrics Letter with Appointment for Dec 8
Nov 30/15- Did early Walk-in because of Trip Biometrics Taken
Jan 20/16- Received update online USCIS that interview is scheduled for 02/23/16

Jan 27/16- Received Text Message with EAD approval and card production

Feb 3/16- Received my EAD card
Feb 23/16- Went for interview, no decision on the spot
March 22/16- Received text message with approval and card production
March 26/16 Received 10 year green card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Looks like things are getting better for me.

Hang in there. Hope you guys hear some good news.

11/9/2015 sent AOS/EAD/AP application to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/2015 received a text message of receipt of application

11/18/2015 received written notification for the 3 applications

11/24/2015 received a notice of biometric appoint on 12/8/2015

12/8/2015 did the biometrics

1/16/2016 case update: "card production was ordered on 1/16/2015

1/19/2016 case update: case was approved

1/21/2016 case update: card was mailed

1/23/2016 received welcom letter :)

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Just got the text that my husband's EAD/AP Combo card is being produced! We put in a service request yesterday morning using the online link. We are so excited to get moving a bit in the process! I highly encourage everyone to put in your service request on the 75 day mark if you have not already and for those who are almost at 75 get ready to put in your service request!

Received both text and email confirmation today that my EAD/ AP applications (I-765 and I-131) have been approved. Close to 75 days since filing them. Now just waiting for the card to be issued and then I can make plans. :thumbs:

No update on my I-485/ AOS. Case status (last updated late November 2015) still says it is waiting for initial evidence regarding the RFE. This was sent just before Xmas, and USPS confirmed it has been delivered on 26th December. I guess it's just a waiting game.

Edited by ChasUno

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Congrats to both of you!

So is the 75 days from when they received your application (the NOA1), right? Not the biometrics appointment?

AOS from K1 JOURNEY

10/13/2015 - Applied for Social Security Card
10/31/2015 - Wedding

11/09/2015 - AOS Package Mailed
11/12/2015 - AOS Package Delivered

11/13/2015 - Fingerprint fee for I-485 received

11/14/2015 - Social Security Card received in mail

11/16/2015 - Received 3 NOA text/emails at 11:25pm

11/21/2015 - Received 3 NOA in the mail (receipts dated 11/12/15)

11/27/2015 - Received Biometrics NOA in the mail

12/10/2015 - Biometrics appointment at 9:00am

01/26/2016 - Put in a service request online for EAD (75 days)

01/28/2016 - "assigned to an officer for response"

01/29/2016 - "your inquiry was completed"

02/01/2016 - I-765 & I-131 Approved (received text & email 02/02/16)

02/05/2016 - USCIS status change - EAD mailed w/tracking # (text & email)

02/08/2016 - USCIS status change - "On 02/04/2016, we mailed your new card" for EAD (text & email)

02/08/2016 - Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail (no status updates about AP except "approved")

03/16/2016 - Status changed for I-485 "Name was Updated" (received text & email 03/17/16 9:30am EST) (Never submitted a name change)

04/15/2016 - Called USCIS & Put in a Service Request online regarding "Name was Updated" status

04/15/2016 - Received email "On March 16, 2016 your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence was approved.We have reviewed our electronic records and found that your Permanent Resident Card (PRC) is already in production." (NO INTERVIEW)

05/05/2016 - Another online service request asking status of PRC

05/18/2016 - Received email saying file was in Sacramento, not Pittsburgh, and it was not approved yet. WHAT?!?!

05/20/2016 - Status changed online to "On May 16, 2016, we ordered your new card"

05/23/2016 - USCIS status change - "On 05/23/2016, we mailed your new card" (text & email)

05/24/2016 - USCIS status change - "On 05/24/2016, USPS picked up your new card" w/ tracking info (text & email)

05/26/2016 - Received card in mail

I actually counted 75 days from when they received the application which was nov. 5. They NOA 1 is dated for nov. 9. The online link will tell you if it's too early for you to send in a service request. I tried for kicks on day 74 and it rejected me! haha

Congrats to both of you!

So is the 75 days from when they received your application (the NOA1), right? Not the biometrics appointment?

Congrats to both of you!

75 days is approximately the time from when I filed my AOS/ got the NOA1. I sent my AOS on November 2nd, and got the NOA November 8th.

My biometrics appointment was early this month. I was worried that it would delay the EAD/ AP card as we had to reschedule it twice, and we also didn't know about walk ins. Otherwise we would have got it done in mid December.

I thought the EAD/ AP relied on having the biometrics done first, and if so, that was pretty quick considering that it was done so recently.

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!

This is a question for the coleman user/others who filed a request- this is the link you used to file the request right? https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

Because i just did mine through that link and it tells me that i should expect to hear back by february 11th, which is disconcerting. :(

It told me the same (feb 10th I believe). I did it yesterday morning. By the end of day yesterday it said assigned to an officer and completed. Today I got the text saying new card is being produced. Don't be discouraged! Most others posts have said it has taken 2-5 max days to hear a response from a service request.

Hi!

This is a question for the coleman user/others who filed a request- this is the link you used to file the request right? https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

Because i just did mine through that link and it tells me that i should expect to hear back by february 11th, which is disconcerting. :(

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi

I just requested that on the USCIS website.

I thought it was early to request.

I filed Nov 5th then I got NOA Nov 9th.

But NOA text was Nov 23th.(but it doesn't matter right??)

I hope I get good news tomorrow.

11/5/2015 AOS package sent to USCIS

11/9/2015 USCIS received AOS package

11/23/2015 received NOA 4text/emails

11/27/2015 received NOA 4letters

12/7/2015 received biometrics appointment letter(app12/15/2015)

12/15/2015 taken finger prints/photo (done bio)

12/23/2015 case status I-485 has changed on the USCIS website by receipt number (ready to be scheduled for an interview )

01/20/2015 I put service request for I-765

01/23/2015 The service request has been assigned to an officer for response and completed.

02/10/2015 EAD/AP was approved.

02/12/2015 USCIS EAD/AP CARD mailed me.(2/16updated on website )

It told me the same (feb 10th I believe). I did it yesterday morning. By the end of day yesterday it said assigned to an officer and completed. Today I got the text saying new card is being produced. Don't be discouraged! Most others posts have said it has taken 2-5 max days to hear a response from a service request.

where can i check the update regarding the case status request? I only got a confirmation number after i filed the service request starting SRxxxxxxxxxxxMSC. but when i search with this number it says wrong number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.