workin4somethin

travelling back and forth to Russia with a K-3 visa

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife and step-daughters are in the U.S. on K-3 and K-4 visas. We are waiting to start the AOS (to green card), because they are all planning to spend the summer in Russia; and, we do not wish to plan around a summer AOS interview.

Does anyone know for certain (maybe by experience) if there would normally be no problem for them to travel to Russia and back again before starting the AOS process?

Thanks.

from Andrew

I don't know about K-3/4. I know for a fact, they can NOT do this on K-1 without messing up the entire process. I would assume K-3 would be the same, but since you're already married, maybe it's different. Try this in the K-3 issues thread.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

my husband came on a k-3 and he was able to travel and return just as long as it was valid with no problems. but make sure when she leaves she will have to go to the immigration office at the airport and check out. i beleive they will take her picture and fingerprints. i believe it is the airport that she goes to last before leaving.

ex. if she leaves from cleveland and travels to new york then she would go to the new york immigration office. if she flys directly from cleveland then she would go to the one in cleveland.

she will have to be back in the country before the visa expires.

Edited by donnaal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I don't know about K-3/4. I know for a fact, they can NOT do this on K-1 without messing up the entire process. I would assume K-3 would be the same, but since you're already married, maybe it's different. Try this in the K-3 issues thread.

K-3 is different than K-1 (since you are already married). Even with a K-1, you can leave the country with an AP (file at the same time as AOS or after). It took about 6 months for my wife to get hers.

This is a good question for the K-3 thread, since there are some quirks about a K-3 that may even make this a good idea.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.