The Nature  Boy

High School Kid Body-Slams School Security Guard, Then Grounds-and-Pounds Him (Kids are Out of Control These Days)

64 posts in this topic

this is how i see it, white people really want to make a blanket judgement call on racism and racially biased policing. we really want our perspective to matter. and we just need to accept that our opinion on the existence of racism/blacklivesmatter/ and racially biased policing/police brutality DOES NOT MATTER. we're not black. we are not the minority. our ancestors were not the property of the ruling class. period. end. fin.

all we can do is listen to the experiences of black people in this country. and the reason this forum is so.completely.aggravating is that many white male posters feel it is their duty to try and refute that racism is an issue when YOUR PERSPECTIVE DOES NOT MATTER. why? not because white lives don't matter or white males are the devil but because you don't have any experience being black in this country. none. so your actual duty is to listen to the experiences of those who actually come from the black perspective. that's it. if you don't personally believe that the black perspective is accurate, please remember, your opinion doesn't matter. you're not black.

the day marvin rolls into this forum and starts telling us what it's like to be white in this country, and what our experiences are as white americans - let me know. i'll give him the same speech.

My perspective does not matter, pretty much sums up the root of the problem.

And ps Marvin tells us all the time what it's like to be white

Edited by junebug1210

your perspective on being black in america does not matter. correct. sorry if that hurts your feelings.

he does? i've not seen that happen at all. does this occur over pm?

your perspective on being black in america does not matter. correct. sorry if that hurts your feelings.

White privlage , white people don't get stopped by the police etc etc

White privlage , white people don't get stopped by the police etc etc

yeah, that's not anything i've ever heard marvin say. white people don't get stopped by police??? and that isn't telling us what it's like to be white anyway.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I've been around long enough to know Marvin has never done that. He is outspoken on racial issues, as are most of us, with the difference all his posts are not about race, unlike some posters who go above and beyond their own irrelevance to post racially charged threads. I would go one step further and say that Marvin's posts are upsetting to those whose persuasion is to troll, because no matter how much they try, he just won't fit their narrative of all persons black and Muslim. They keep trying and he just won't feed them.

this is how i see it, white people really want to make a blanket judgement call on racism and racially biased policing. we really want our perspective to matter. and we just need to accept that our opinion on the existence of racism/blacklivesmatter/ and racially biased policing/police brutality DOES NOT MATTER. we're not black. we are not the minority. our ancestors were not the property of the ruling class. period. end. fin.

all we can do is listen to the experiences of black people in this country. and the reason this forum is so.completely.aggravating is that many white male posters feel it is their duty to try and refute that racism is an issue when YOUR PERSPECTIVE DOES NOT MATTER. why? not because white lives don't matter or white males are the devil but because you don't have any experience being black in this country. none. so your actual duty is to listen to the experiences of those who actually come from the black perspective. that's it. if you don't personally believe that the black perspective is accurate, please remember, your opinion doesn't matter. you're not black.

the day marvin rolls into this forum and starts telling us what it's like to be white in this country, and what our experiences are as white americans - let me know. i'll give him the same speech.

It's all about the privilage [sic] whatever that is...

yeah, that's not anything i've ever heard marvin say. white people don't get stopped by police??? and that isn't telling us what it's like to be white anyway.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I've been around long enough to know Marvin has never done that. He is outspoken on racial issues, as are most of us, with the difference all his posts are not about race, unlike some posters who go above and beyond their own irrelevance to post racially charged threads. I would go one step further and say that Marvin's posts are upsetting to those whose persuasion is to troll, because no matter how much they try, he just won't fit their narrative of all persons black and Muslim. They keep trying and he just won't feed them.

It's all about the privilage [sic] whatever that is...

you mean all those 'god is great' posts have failed? for shame :crying:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think his perspective on how white people treat black people certainly matters.

I think his perspective on how white people treat black people certainly matters.

agreed. but if he offers his perspective on how black people should process this treatment, i ain't listening.

Filed: Timeline

Good points. Well, point, really. In fact, it is (well, should be) next to impossible to judge anyone, since none of us have had to live like the others, even those in closer proximity to us than a forum such as this allows. But to be sure, I have never been black, so my only "experience" comes from my black partners in crime.

I have black friends that say some of the same things that StayWoke says, and I have some that think some of what StayWoke is just histrionics. So it's not JUST a black/white issue, in my opinion. I mean, it is if I am discussing our different lives with a black person. But if two blacks are talking, and one thinks that it's a crime to WWB, and the other has never experienced that, well, then it becomes a matter of perspective, not racial differences.

I think part of the problem in America today is that there are two distinct elements; one who is very aware of slavery, and all the successive hardships it placed on blacks over the years, and another who had nothing to do with said slavery and hardships, and is tired of people trying to make it seem like it's their fault blacks can't get ahead today.

We should not be expected to be held responsible for the things that happened in our country 150 years ago. We can only be responsible for the way we treat people today. We should LEARN from the mistakes of the past, and strive not to make them again. I have seen POAC become successful, and POAC who barely survive in life, and of course (sadly) POAC who are living on the streets.

But I agree with you, judging others, making blanket statements about any group, is often a wrong thing to do. Whether is revolves around different races, religions, sexes, or cultures, it is unfair to do. Unfortunately, we are all guilty of it from time to time. (See what I just did there?) I know I do it, even though I know better.

Filed: Timeline

And if he does this, then he is guilty of being racist, as well. Because that is the VERY DEFINITION of racist. Since how he was treated by one white person has no bearing on the rest of the white population, if he portrays said treatment as "how whites treat blacks", then he is wrong. He, or anyone else, for that matter.

I have been treated poorly by people of various races. More, by people of my own race. Does that make my race any worse than others? No. It's simply because I deal with more people of my own race than others; statistics would indicate that I would be more likely to meet people who treat me badly within my own race.

It is my belief that if I dwell on the poor treatment of people in my life, vs. the good treatment, I will be a more bitter person. If I instead try and overlook the poor treatment, and focus on the better people and times in my life, I will be a better person overall. And in all things, always strive to treat others as we wish to be treated. If you live your life that way, irrespective of religious beliefs, you will have a fulfilling life.

I think your perspective does matter. But I also think it's colored(pun intended) differently due to your upbringing. You saw racism in its more brutal form. This is why (I think ) you don't think what's happening today is racism. It is, albeit a more passive form of it. It goes into what Val said, most folks want a blanketed form of racism. Something that can be easily identified and no wiggle room exists. Everything else is just some unfortunate incident.

Good points. Well, point, really. In fact, it is (well, should be) next to impossible to judge anyone, since none of us have had to live like the others, even those in closer proximity to us than a forum such as this allows. But to be sure, I have never been black, so my only "experience" comes from my black partners in crime.

I have black friends that say some of the same things that StayWoke says, and I have some that think some of what StayWoke is just histrionics. So it's not JUST a black/white issue, in my opinion. I mean, it is if I am discussing our different lives with a black person. But if two blacks are talking, and one thinks that it's a crime to WWB, and the other has never experienced that, well, then it becomes a matter of perspective, not racial differences.

I think part of the problem in America today is that there are two distinct elements; one who is very aware of slavery, and all the successive hardships it placed on blacks over the years, and another who had nothing to do with said slavery and hardships, and is tired of people trying to make it seem like it's their fault blacks can't get ahead today.

We should not be expected to be held responsible for the things that happened in our country 150 years ago. We can only be responsible for the way we treat people today. We should LEARN from the mistakes of the past, and strive not to make them again. I have seen POAC become successful, and POAC who barely survive in life, and of course (sadly) POAC who are living on the streets.

But I agree with you, judging others, making blanket statements about any group, is often a wrong thing to do. Whether is revolves around different races, religions, sexes, or cultures, it is unfair to do. Unfortunately, we are all guilty of it from time to time. (See what I just did there?) I know I do it, even though I know better.

Here's the issue. Slavery does affect us. I'll tell you why.

What people tend to overlook is this. After slavery ended, what happened? Black people weren't received with open arms, nor were they given 50 acres and a mule. Slavery wasn't a physical construct, nor was it a 9 to 5 job that folks worked and then went partying with white people. It was a belief system that black people were inferior in every way to white people. After this was abolished, then came segregation. That lasted for another 100 years. So in reality, things didn't really start being equal until the 70's, when you starting seeing black people being normal and failing like everyone else. Because before then, you had to be better than everyone in order to be considered.

You see it on this forum, on other websites and even IRL. There is an overwhelming amount of people who think we're inferior just based on our skin color alone. I think that after centuries of stripping a race of it's identity and culture, you're bound to see the results aren't going to be favorable. By the grace of God there are some folks who fought past this to become something better(President Obama, Colin Powell, etc).

So while I'm not blaming slavery for whatever shortcomings I have in life, I will say that the effects of all of that aren't just going to go away in a few decades.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Just so we are all clear... you go BOTH ways?

If you're interested, I'll have to respectfully decline. My lady doesn't believe in sharing. (F)

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

in my mind the argument will stay black and white so long as we continue arguing over it, saying the same things over and over 'we're all the same on the inside' 'black community' ' 'black on black crime' 'white privilege' etcetc. racial inequalities in our justice system and public school systems are very real, but will never be addressed so long as we're going back and forth over if 'racism in america exists'. we let the media we read (both sides) form our stance before we do our own legwork. america as a culture is extremely reactionary and therefore easily manipulated.

and of course, we've all seen white people in the same situations (bold). i agree that we can't be held responsible for the history that set us on this course but it is our moral and civic obligation to take history into account when considering social injustice.

Edited by decocker